“Nice Hotel”

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in March
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had to go to March a few weeks ago for a Birthday.So we chose The Oliver Cromwell Hotel.On arrival we took our baggage to our rooms,nice comfortable room a good size.Equipped with tea and coffee making facilities on-suite bathroom/shower.Then went down to the Swimming Pool for a relaxing swim.In the mourning we went to the Restaurant for Breakfast as much as you wanted.If your ever March way it well worth a visit.

Room Tip: No problem all good
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was disappointing the first time we stayed but they have done a great job refurbishing the hotel which is ongoing. Breakfast was freshly cooked and hot and the staff were all very friendly. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was my second visit the first I was talked in because my satnav was incorrect, it wasn't this time postcode into satnav took me too high street, Manea.way out, During my stay at the hotel my room was good , clean and well serviced. I felt unwelcome most mornings for breakfast. One morning at breakfast a couple asked to sit at a table of four and not two, this clearly was a upheaval for the dark haired lady serving at breakfast. The young pregnant woman looked uncomfortable as the lady made it obvious the two extra places had to be cleared over the other side of the Resturant before they could be seated. I understand cutlery & crockery needed to be moved and a tray for removal and a little curtesy would have eased the situation. In general food was presented in line with other establishments, however with the conference food there could have been more salad or vegaratrian alternatives. One should not have to state one is a vegaratrian to get a variation. Wifi was not brilliant which was unfortunate for studying. As for administration, when I arrived I had two rooms booked in my name therefore creating a shortage in accomadation and even though I had been there before my name was incorrectly spelt. If I stayed at the hotel again I would be looking to see improvements in the areas mentioned.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay in the hotel, the staff were polite and the overall vibe was was really friendly! The restaurant had a nice variety of food which was all lovely! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Have just returned from a lovely week staying at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel. I stay at many hotels due to my job and have returned here on a number of occasions now over the last few years. I always recommend it to my colleagues. The staff are professional and friendly, with nothing being too much trouble. The facilities are excellent and well maintained. The rooms are all well equpped and comfortable and most importantly immaculate!!
Thank you to the staff for another enjoyable stay - i will be back again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tracey E
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Although the rooms were clean, I had to change room due to there being no wifi signal (although advertised as having it throughout) & the bed being like sleeping on broken bricks! There are no fridges in the rooms either & although my second room was marginally better, it still fell far below my expectations for the price that I paid for the room. Overall the food was good, but lacked choice & vegetarian options. Unfortunately the attitude & service from the reception & restaurant staff was very poor, with the exception of a couple of younger staff & the cleaners who were very polite. Having mentioned this to the manager of the hotel, he seemed very dismissive & abrupt. Definitely not a customer focused management team & a place I will not be returning to.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank JC9356
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked a room for my grandparents to stay in while they visited the family. They were treated extremely well from the moment they arrived right up until they left. They enjoyed the breakfast, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were immaculate. My grandad even had a dip in the beautiful swimming pool. Nice friendly staff throughout who went out of their way to make their stay a very pleasant one. They can't wait it come back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toadinthehole25
Also consider these accommodations in or near March
Little Downham Anchor
#4 of 4 in Ely
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#11 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to The Oliver Cromwell Hotel? Share your experiences!