“Best hotel in MILES !!!!”

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in March
Reviewed June 13, 2014

If you are looking for a decent place to stay where the staff is friendly polite and helpful then this is the place.

Me and my wife were doing a sky dive locally and looked at a number of local hotels, B&B and motels and this is by far the best.

We got there late and had to leave early and the staff still made arrangements for Dinner and breakfast out of hours. They even let us drink in the bar area until late.

Ample working, good food, clean rooms for the money you pay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Regular_UK_Traveller
There are newer reviews for The Oliver Cromwell Hotel

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff are very good, service is excellent. The food throughout was fantastic. It is the little things that need tidying up. The main restaurant and bar areas are very nice and comfortable. Outside our room was what appeared a dumping area for unused items, very untidy and unsightly as a shed is not expensive. Ceiling tiles were missing outside our room. There is general basic maintenance needed to some of the furnishings ( carpets and chairs) too. The signs to reception are hard to see with guests wandering around finding where to go. A shame really as we had an excellent stay with good food and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cleenman
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here for two nights, the room we had was number 10 oh my god was my words when i walked into the room wow stunning room, thanks to the lovely lady on reception, my cheeky husband phone the afternoon we arrived and asked if it was any cheaper to stay an extra night, the lady was so polite and helpful, my husband said can we have a really nice room!!! we ended up in the four poster bed room, oh my god i was so chuffed!! beautiful room clean tidy, the staff are wonderful polite helpful and Very caring!!!!! the breakfast was lush!! and luch was also very nice too, thank you everyone look forward to staying again with you, soon i hope

kindest regards mr & mrs wood room 10 (stayed 2nd & 3rd may 1014)

Room Tip: the drinks in the bar are CHEAPER!!!! than the pubs in march enjoy x
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynniethepoo7566
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Oliver Cromwell hotel over the weekend. The staff on reception was welcoming and friendly. The room was spacious, clean and tidy and smelt fabulous. I slept very well without any disturbance at all.

We had breakfast the following morning which was really good indeed. Once again staff were friendly and helpful.
I really enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ch3ryl_t
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed in March for 1.5 weeks and our company had booked this hotel. As my title mentions, the hotel seems more like a family run hotel than a professional operation. It is very dated and antique, and the rooms vary from each other, including which TV channels you will have, whether the radiator works etc.

But in spite of this I would be happy to stay again. The rooms are very big, they are very clean, and though they are dated, have everything you need. The beds are comfortable and large. And there is also free wifi, which is very slow, but enough to send emails etc.

The highlight of this hotel for me is the gym facilities. As far as hotels go the gym is quite good. It does offer paying memberships which seems quite popular so that does explain it. But it is possible to get a good workout, with both weights and cardio. Did not go swimming but the pool seems good too.

Although for what it is, the rooms are extremely pricey, but there seems to be a shortage of supply as the hotel was totally full when I went so people are willing to pay. I would never visit if I had to pay myself, only if my company was paying for that price though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed at The Oliver Cromwell hotel in February this year. We spent 3 nights, and was made to feel very welcome. The room was basic but clean tidy and well set out. The bed was comfy for my husband, but too soft for me. There isn't a lot to do in March, and most of the activities were in other towns and cities. All the staff were brilliant, breakfast was a buffet type, with full English available, or cereals & fruit. We ate out once in a pub/hotel up the road and the food was lovely. However the next 2 nights we ate in the hotel resteraunt. The food was absolutely fantastic. If you just want a quiet weekend away from the stresses and strains of everyday life, then I would recommend here. they have a pool and gym that can be used free by the guests too

Room Tip: you can ask for an upgrade and you will get a four poster bed. set back from the road so the rooms a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MariaFawcett
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Service ok, decor is slighltly dated, room was comfortable with good facilities apart from not being able to get wifi in my room. The food in the resturant was ok, but limited choices. Slept well, but breakfast was completly disorganised with no direction or intrsuctions

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JamiewayUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near March
Elme Hall Hotel
Hippodrome Hotel
Hippodrome Hotel
#1 of 9 in March
The Causeway Guest House

Been to The Oliver Cromwell Hotel? Share your experiences!