“Top quality food”
Review of The Duke Of York

The Duke Of York
Reserve with OpenTable
The Duke Of York is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We welcome you to our family run restaurant for brunch lunch and dinner. We have a snug which can seat up to 22 people for that special occasion or just a family Sunday lunch.There is a conservatory area or main dinning area. All have booths which can seat 2 to 6 people. Our food is Prepared from fresh produce daily by chefs who can adapt to your requirements. Come and try us I'm sure you will be happy with the excellent quality of our food wine and beer.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Having heard from a friend about the fabulous food (superb steak like you'd get in a top London restaurant, but at local prices) I booked a celebratory dinner for 6 on Saturday.
We were not disappointed. Two had steaks, one a thermidor, two lemon soles and one a chicken dish and we all agreed it was the best food we had had out for ages.
The service was good and we were very well looked after.

I would definitely go again and hope to do so soon.

I have always loved Graham's on the Green and was worried that this would not match up but, it was just as good.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My partner and I dined here with his parents and it was really good from the start, out coats where taken from us and we was seated immediately, we was sat so we could see the kitchen and it was fascinating seeing the staff at work, cooking and preparing the food. I had the House salad for my starter and the beef for my main and which was well cooked and tasted delicious.
They asked if everything was O.K. with the meal numerous and we was asked numerous times if we wanted drinks. On leaving we was brought our coats and the my partners Mum and myself had help with putting them on. a nice touch.

All in all I would not hesitate to come here again. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is the first time I have taken to doing a review on this site, but I was so shocked by the poor customer service standards of this restaurant that I was left with little alternative.

I called at around 11:00am this morning to enquire if they were fully booked for lunch. The phone was answered by a polite young man who told me he could not access the booking system at the time, so he took my name and number and he asked me at what time I wanted a table for. I suggested 1:00pm, but I was flexible, and quite happy to eat later if that was the only possibility. By 12:00pm I still had not received a call from the restaurant, so I called again. This time the phone was answered by an abrupt young woman who did not seem interested in taking the call. When I explained the situation she simply replied that her manager would call me back. At that point she had not taken my name or number, so I am not sure how anyone was going to call me back. When I pointed out that it was 12:00pm and I wanted the table for 1:00pm, she seemed unconcerned and repeated that her manager would call me back. I wasn't expecting a call and I didn't get one.....

There are a number of good restaurants in the Billericay/Brentwood area, and if the Duke of York wants to add itself to this list then it needs to dramatically improve its customer service.....

8  Thank City_Diner_99
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great night at the Duke of York, lovely food and a little wine tasting, courtesy of Graham. Lobster thermidor to die for.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Dinner for 5 on a Friday night was an absolute pleasure.
From drinks at the bar, exceptionally friendly service, being offered a taste of a starter before ordering, brilliant choice if vegetarian dishes, to delicious fillet steak, worth every penny.
This 3 course meal with plenty of wine + coffee £245.
The staff were as great as the food - I look forward to going again & highly recommend it.