“Lovely place”

Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Ended up here by mistake but such a lovely place, just off the arterial road. Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Visited August 2013

Essex
“Unexpected treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I ended up at Summerhill Garden Centre by mistake really because I had missed my turning on the A127. Knowing the garden centre has a cafe, I decided to treat myself to lunch. I decided to have Cauliflower Cheese with salad and half a baguette. I know that does not sound exciting but I was pleasantly surprised. The cauliflower was cooked well with a hint of crispness (so often its over-cooked and mushy). The cheese sauce not overpowering. The salad was fresh and not freezing cold - I know this sounds odd but I absolutely detest salad that is over chilled especially tomatoes as they are then completely tasteless! Other meals I saw served i.e. fresh cooked fish and chips looked wonderful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Only criticism; the writing on the chalk boards was small and a little difficult to read.
I will most definitely be back and not alone next time and am happy to recommend this lovely little cafe.

• Visited April 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took my Mum to this restaurant yesterday, having googled to find one near a local site. We had the lamb and mint pie, which comes withfresh vegetables and real roast potatoes. It was really nice - plenty of good sized chunks of lean meat and well cooked veg. The only downside was that we were too full to enjoy a slice of one of their homemade cakes! The venue was clean and bright, very pleasant location, in an independent garden centre. We will definitely be going back and I look forward to trying some of their other dishes.

• Visited January 2013