“A little pricey, but large portions and good food!”
Review of Chimichanga - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My first impressions of this restaurant were very good.
It was nicely decorated, we were given a choice of seating and the manager was particularly helpful.
The food was a little pricey compared to other restaurants but the portions were large and tasted very nice. Service was a little slow but there was a large function upstairs and we were not in a rush so no problem. Mostly the Waiters/Waitresses all seemed happy to help but one young man was particularly scowly.
Overall a good dining experience, I recommend the enchiladas!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Visited 1st Jan as its my birthday.

Myself my wife and two children (8+6).

place was pretty quiet but not atypical for new years day.

Were were seated and given a choice of the available tables. The service was prompt not too hurried or too slow.

Slightly miffed that there were no cheeseburgers, but the manager (i think it was) was polite helpful and the children ordered something else.

Food turned up and apart from mine seemed to go down well. I had the burrito and it was alleged to be stuffed with bbq pulled port (i think) whatever meat was supposed to be in it there was not a lot of it and it was dry.

Anyway should have complained but as is often the case by the time i decided that the thing was not right everyone was tucking into their meal. I did tell the manager i was not happy and he was disappointed that i didn't raise it and give him a chance to put it right but he knocked the cost of my meal off the bill anyway which i thought was more than fair of him.

All in all a reasonably good experience, I usually complain but didnt on this occaision as i was not in the mood, the service was reasonable and friendly. Despite the place starting to fill up we did no thave to wait for the staff to fulfill any request.

I would say given the nature of the restaurant it was a reasonable value.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I love Mexican food. I don't love Chimi Changa's "Mexican" food. Expensive, bland and service with an attitude.

Won't be in any hurry to return. Try Wildwood further down the High Street. Much more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Visited last night with two work colleagues. Was apprehensive after reading the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Plenty of choice for both meat eaters and vegetarians. Nachos and choritzo skins were very tasty. Chicken and prawn fajitas, chillie con Carney burrito and portobello and courgette quesadillia for mains and all were delicious and very good size portions. I must say the Mexican rice looked it had come from a freezer/microwave and isn't something I would ever order but it was actually very tasty. Our waitress and the manager on shift were both very friendly and attentive. Definitely worth popping in, glad we gave it a try and will be going back in the future!!

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Went there for dinner to try somewhere new. Sat down at 8 didn't get main till 9.30!took half am hour to get just one drink.a coke which is in a bottle not exactly hard to make. They did have a couple of parties upstairs and there were plenty of staff just lack tempo in getting the food out. From where we were sat you could see them microwaving most of the food! And the toilets well I don't know where to start. Unisex toilets. The kids were up piss all over the floor one door didn't shut properly and one out of order. Overall very poor.