“Memorable Experience”

Imperial Bird of Prey Academy
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Billericay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Imperial Bird of Prey Academy. We are the leading Bird of Prey Centre in Essex, based at Barleylands Farm & Craft Village, Billericay. We are open to the public 362 days of the year, where you can enjoy our daily flying displays in our purpose built flying arena. In addition, Barleylands Farm & Craft Village offers both indoor and outdoor activities for children, craft shops and tearooms, creating a fantastic day out in Essex for all the family. We offer a wide range of experience days, which are both fun and educational, catering for all ages and abilities, making them the perfect gift. Our friendly team will make your experience both personal and enjoyable giving you plenty of hands on time with our amazing birds of prey – making your visit to the Imperial Bird of Prey Academy truly memorable. A day you will never forget. For that special occasion, why not have our birds of prey come to you? At the Imperial Bird of Prey Academy, we are able to offer tailor-made school visits, static bird displays, educational talks and so much more.... We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed February 22, 2014

A great interactive experience getting close to a large variety of birds, learning lots about each one from the passionate instructor Nigel and getting to fly them outside. I had a really enjoyable time and would recommend the half day experience for anyone who has an interest in birds of prey.

1  Thank Ro33a

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was given a half day experience as a present and this experience exceeded all my expectations, the only place you will ever get to handle a Frogmouth owl, look it up its incredible. Not only do you get to see and handle some truly wonderful birds of prey but you also get to learn so much about them. The set up is very impressive, and the love for these birds and the dedication to them that Nigel and his staff/volunteers have is clear to see. It was also very interesting to hear of the conservation work that Nigel does, and the path that has lead him to running such a wonderful centre. So thank you for a truly memorable experience.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My partner bought me the owl encounter experience as a Christmas present and I could not have had a better gift. As an owl lover anyway, you get to interact with the birds in such a personal way. Lin walked me through my time there, and it was nice to be in the presence of someone with so much love and passion for the owls, she truly made the day special! Nigel is also lovely and definately teaches you a lot to take away with you. So worth the money, would recommend in a heart beat. Thank you for an amazing afternoon Nigel and Lin! X

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My son was bought an hours session at the Imperial Bird of Prey Academy and my only regret was that he wasnt bought the longer session!The hour class is a great taster and is suitable for all ages, instructor Nigel is extremely patient and knowledgable on his specialist subject and the whole set up is immacualte with the welfare of the birds foremost. Cant recommend enough especially as gets your child away from the blimmin xbox and actually seeing daylight and real creatures instead of pixels and goblins.

2  Thank percypep
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently did a half day bird experience at the academy having been given it as a present by my wife. IT was a great day out with plenty of tuition and background on each bird - and it did feel a real honour to be up close with these magnificent birds and be able to see them fly around the woods and then fly onto your glove - it's clear that Nigel and his staff have a real passion for the birds who look very well cared for- the day was brilliant not only to interact with the birds but also to learn more about them and conservation.

2  Thank Jon R