“Still my favourite...but..”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of the UK Wildwood chain of restaurants
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is still my favourite place in the High Street but for our friends they reserve judgement.
on arrival we were quickly seated, it was a busy night and had a good atmosphere, piped music on certain tracks was a bit too loud(rolling stones for one)
we started with a bottle of rose(£15.95) and a small Peroni beer(£3.60) plus a house red (250mm @£5.10) it was noted that the Peroni was working out to £7.20 a pint which seemed excessive by my friend(a point I had made in an earlier review)

Food: Main 1 x Baby Ribs with small portion of chips(£15.95) beatifully cooked with lovely flavours but that was all you get, no side salad/coleslaw a bit overpriced for what you get, 1 x Margherita pizza(£6.85) very good size /flavour and good value, 1 x Chicken/mushroom Risotto (£10.50) wonderful flavours but only 3 pieces of chicken, my friend was a bit disappointed, and 1 x Pasta Spaghetti with home made meatballs(£9.25) really very good with great flavours and good value.

Desert:1 x Pecan pie with scoop ice cream(£5.25) good 1 x eton mess(£5.25) 1 x Lemon Meringue sundae(£4.95) both good

so it was a bit up & down, Service was very attentive on what was a fairly busy night, we will still use Wildwood but our friends have doubts

Reviewed September 4, 2012

4 of us (including a fussy 8 year old) ate here on Sunday night. We had a window seat.It has a cool cosmopolitan feel. The waitress was punctual, and came back twice for our order because we took more than 5 mins to settle down and decide what we wanted. The drinks were brought immediately and the Pino Grigio was lovely. They made a special pizza for my daughter without tomatos and she loved it. She also loved the cone / icecream dessert that came in a nifty acrylic stand! The food was very tastey and the young man who came over with the parmesan was attentive. Starters prices are about £5.50, mains range from about £10 upwards towards £20 and Desserts similar prices to starters. My glass of Pino was £5.50 I think...
We really enjoyed ourselves and Mum was impressed, I would say it was slightly pricey, certainly more than Prezzo or Ask. The staff seemed to be working very hard, and it would have been better if the waitress smiled. We will definately visit again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bautifully renovated restaurant - upstairs and down! Great service, tasty food, comfortable surroundings! Spoilt for choice deciding what to have from menu! Well worth a visit! We will be back! Great value for money!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I know it's not a particularly ritzy place, and it doesn't have an amazingly adventurous menu - but I just love coming back here again and again!

Considering its a chain, it serves it's target market well. If you are looking for top notch, top dollar then you're looking at the wrong place. This is on a par with any other of the pizza/ pasta restaurants on the High St, with the added advantage that it doesn't just serve pizza or pasta. Generally, the service is fab (which is no mean feat, considering how busy it gets) and I find the price point just right for an impromptu night off from cooking, or a spot of lunch on the weekend. Overall it hits the mark pretty consistently, and for me that is key.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My Sister and Brother in Law have visited this restaurant on several occasions and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We joined them on our first visit for a late Sunday lunch. They booked a table to ensure we weren't disappointed. We arrived at 3pm, received a very warm welcome and had a choice of seating, The staff were very friendly and efficient. The restaurant had good decor, was very clean with a nice ambience. Good menu selection, we declined starters, the main courses were well served and complemented by the extra side dishes we ordered. Good selection of wines and delicious desserts, gorgeous and plentiful. We took the opportunity of using the 20%discount vouchers which made the experience even more palatable.