“very nice evening”

The Dukes Head
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our menu offers delicious seasonal dishes – so whether you’re dining in our restaurant, grabbing a snack in the bar or enjoying a delicious salad al fresco, you’re sure to find something to brighten up your day.
Brentwood, Essex
“very nice evening”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Came across this restaurant by accident as we were lost?, Went back the next evening (a Saterday night), around 7.30, waiter said they could fit us in and to have a drink at the bar whilst we wait,. the restaurnat started to get very busy but we did not mind as the bar area was very nice, we were seated at around 8.30, food was immpeccable, I had Seabass and my husband opted for the steak which was cooked to perfection, did not have desserts but they looked just as nice, finished off with Brandies, and were very happy when we got the bill, would def recommend to anyone, they also have a huge outdoor terrace which I am sure would be lovley in the summer months (if we get any!)

Luke H, Manager at The Dukes Head, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review, next time you visit us do come say hello and make your self known, it's great to hear you had a wonderful experience.

Luke & the management team

Billericay, United Kingdom
“Really great evening”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went with some friends on Saturday night - it was our second visit and we had a really great evening.
The staff and manager were really friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. The food was delicious - we all had Seafood Thermidor which was heaven, great desserts and good wine. The atmosphere was relaxed and overall a really enjoyable experience - we will definitely be going back on a regular basis.

Luke H, Manager at The Dukes Head, responded to this review, August 1, 2013

Luke & the management team
Basildon, United Kingdom
“REX”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visit here a no of x a year even had Xmas Day Boxing Day menus , a very well oiled operation table always ready and well laid out.
For one of the best eating experience in Essex with a great Menu and Specials we always find something different ..

• Visited June 2013
DukesHeadBillericay, Manager at The Dukes Head, responded to this review, February 4, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us, we are a new management team now at the Dukes Head and wanted to reply to every person who has reviewed us in the past. We would love for you to visit us and see some of the changes we have implemented.

Kind Regards

The Dukes Head Team

04/02/17
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice, great food!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been a couple of times and have found it really enjoyable each time, the food is of a very good standard and the service is always friendly and helpful. Service can be a bit slow if you go mid afternoon during the week - but that's probably the same for most places.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Kind Regards

The Dukes Head Team

04/02/17
London, United Kingdom
“Shame, the place looks inviting...”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived at 12:00 and were shown to our table and given menu's. At 12:25 and wondering what's going on, I had to go and find a waiting member of staff so we could order our food and drinks. There was a group of half a dozen staff all talking at the bar! Perhaps 12:00 is a little early as they would have just opened I guess but they sat us down and forgot about us!

So on to the food.

I had the pumpkin raviolli for a starter, my wife didn't have a starter. It came up quite quickly after being ordered. That could be why the raviolli wasn't cooked. A'ldente I could understand and quite like my pasta with a bit of a bite but this was awful. I had two pieces, just to check it wasn't one piece at fault and left the rest. The waitress who cleared the plates didn't even ask why there was an uneaten starter on the table.

I'm betting they rushed out the starter because we had waited a fair while for food.

So, on to the mains. The roast lamb and the roast beef turned up at 13:05. Essentially that means we had been in the place for over an hour and this was the first food would be eating.

The meats were both fine, although I wasn't completely sure what cut of lamb I had. The menu did say rump but it was an odd shape like it had been cut off of a leg?

We both left the vegetables and the potatos. Just didn't like them. The veg looked like it had been roasted and then microwaved to heat it up? The potatoes were soft to the point of being mash in a floppy skin. Not the crispy yet fluffy roast potato's I was expecting.

My wife had the crumble and custard for a dessert and she said that was very nice.

I asked if the lamb came with a yorkshire pudding and was told no. I asked if it could please. When the bill came they had charged me £1.25 extra for a yorkshire pudding. See the picture for the size of it. You can get a dozen Aunt Bessies for that.

So for £51 I ate (not was served but ate) 2 pieces of under cooked raviolli, some lamb with mint sauce, a couple of bits of cauliflower and a yorkshire pudding. There were also a couple of non alcoholic beers. My wife had a diet coke, some beef, a yorkshire pudding and a crumble. I'm afraid that just doesn't seem value in my book and that's an hour and a half I'll never get back.

Sorry but I can't recommend this gastro pub although it looks like a great place to eat.

Luke H, Manager at The Dukes Head, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Whilst we are grateful for your visit to The Dukes Head, we are very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the whole experience.

We would like to discuss this matter further and try to rectify your confidence in us.

Please contact us on 01277 651333 or drop us an email on enquiry@dukesheadlittleburstead.co.uk and we will grandly get back to you straight away

Kindest Regards