“Groupon voucher”

The Orb
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic. Can't wait to go back huge portions. Great ambience. Service efficient great value for money. Pleasant atmosphere

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked the upstairs room for a family Golden Wedding celebration. You need a minimum of 15 guests though the room can easily cope with more. A lovely room, nicely laid out, we had afternoon access to decorate and then used the facility from 6 till 11pm in all. The staff couldn't do enough for us and we had a waiter on hand the whole time. We used their iPod dock and projector screen and enjoyed our meals and the privacy, together with very nice facilities close by (great when you have elderly relatives or young children).A wonderful evening and I would definitely recommend the venue and would use again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Late planning left a 50th Birthday with no availability at our usual local eatery so I called The Orb. We were given the function room and in the end there were 27 of us for them to cope with. We pre-ordered most of the food from a really good selection.

The food was excellent, the service was perfect, some mistakes (not really suprising considering how last minute it all was, but they dealt with them professionally.

All together a wonderful evening and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Orb to anyone.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went here for an evening meal with high expectations based on comments from friends from previous visits. The décor is modern with clean lines, and with several large booths as well as the normal tables - the booths being quite large so that it's difficult to have a conversation across the width of the table. There is a fixed price menu depending on whether you have 2 or 3 courses, with a fair choice. I had the tempura to start and it was absolutely delicious, and my companions had the soup and the salad. The soup was extremely thick - more like a puree, and the salad was large and tasty. For main course two of us had the steaks (for a small extra charge), one was good but the other was VERY tough and uneatable and had to be returned and replaced - possibly not so much a reflection on the chef but on the quality of the meat. Certainly the replacement steak was very good. The hand cut chips were large and tasty, but they were very soft and I would have preferred crispy chips as one would normally expect to get. Service was friendly and efficient. Overall, we were left with the impression that it although it was good, it should have been better - they shouldn't serve such a thick soup, or a tough steak, and the chips shouldn't have been so soft. Wine prices were higher than we would have expected. We would probably go again but it wouldn't be a first choice.

2  Thank Rvwr2012
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had Sunday Lunch for a large party (19) in the conference room. The service was good the young waiting staff really put themselves out, even going to the next door pub to get a few beers.

Its a shame they were let down by the food that was served.

I ordered seafood salad starter which was watery and very cold so I can only assume it was frozen previously. I then had Roast Beef, The roast beef was nice and medium rare, but the vegatables were watery, the roast potatoes inedible, they must have been under heat lamps for 2 hours as the outsides were that hard. We also ordered new potatotes which could have been boiled perfectly in the time, but unfortunately the microwaved potatoes were shrunken and again inedible. Lastly the yorkshire puddings were soggy and two of the main course orders were 10 minutes late.

I have eaten at The Orb 3 times the last 2 times i was invited and whilst I can excuse some of the food for the large numbers the overall very poor quality means I will really resist going to The Orb again.

Lastly, one noticeable absence were customers Sunday Lunch. We were the only customers in the restaurant and for a Sunday Lunch this speaks volumes.

4  Thank robertjturner17