“Was good”

Dining options: Reservations
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Was good”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was good, down hill a little, menu always the same. Hope it picks up.
Nicely laid out, good pub for football adjoined

Visited January 2013
1 Thank harryscott s

London, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love going to this restaurant. I always have a great time here. Food is good and I've never found anything to complain about. I have had some lovely family Sunday lunches in the room upstairs. It is a great venue if there is a large number. There was 22 of us and we were all well catered for. It was a very relaxing memorable lunch. I've been downstairs with a few friends and have always had a great time. I've never had any problems with the service. I've always found it good. Only thing is now the prices have gone up.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bluemist29
London
“Friendly staff but food not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I used to love the Orb as I felt it was a special place to eat with beautifully cooked food and discrete but excellent service. I'm now thinking that its quite an expensive place to eat and not really that special anymore with fairly average food, a little on the cold side, but still with a high price tag.
The waitress was smiley and patient and gave us a warm welcome but I left feeling a little short changed and unfortunately this wasnt the first time I had heard this comment about the restaurant.
Sorry Orb, you are going to have to pick your game up for me to want to dine here again

3 Thank Jarry52
BritAbroad
“Good choice for Mothers' Day”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Orb came close to a 4-star rating, but fell short due to a lack of attention to detail with its service.

We had booked a late Mothers' Day lunch and on arrival received a nice, friendly welcome.

The waiting staff were young, friendly, enthusiastic and well presented and with some additional training and generally improved organisation in the dining room our experience would have been much better. Things started to go awry when our drinks order wasn't submitted and had to be repeated (although we later received a nice apology). From then on service to our table seemed rather muddled and haphazard with no one person taking responsibility for us.

The food was good. Various starters of leek and potato soup, roast brie and seafood were all well received as were the mains of roast beef, lamb and pork. Unusually, we had to ask for desserts - the chocolate sundae was not the chocolate and cherry brownie ordered and the base of the sticky toffee pudding was almost impossible to cut through. By this stage the various delays meant we had been in the restaurant for a considerable time so we ate our desserts, paid the bill and left without comment.

Because The Orb is so convenient for us, we agreed that we would return to give the place another try in the hope that the organisation and service will have improved.

1 Thank Britabroad22
Billericay, Essex
“Not up to scratch”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I brought my wife and our twins here for Mothers Day lunch as we'd been meaning to try the place and, to be honest, the only place in the Billericay/Stock area that had availability on the Sunday!
The service was friendly and drinks were served quickly. My family ordered the roast beef for their main course and I had the pork. The meat was cooked fine for both dishes but sadly, the Yorkshire puddings were soggy and the potatoes overcooked and a little burnt. Although the veg was crisp and well cooked. We had two deserts and no coffee. The bill with a bottle of red wine priced at £18.50 was, I thought, quite expensive at £135 including a tip.

3 Thank terryrothery