“Mid week dinner”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

With a travelzoo voucher this was a very reasonably priced evening.
The offer included a cocktail, followed by fillet steak, hand cut chips, salad and tomato. The choice of cocktails was limited, but staff were friendly and welcoming.
We wailted 25 miutes for our meal, but it was perfectly cooked as requested.
We thought it odd that you have to pay extra for a roll and butter if wanted.
A young lady entertained guests, singing easy listening songs. She had a good voice, and it added to a pleasant evening.

reidkev, Owner at The Ivory Rooms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed one of our recent offers in our restaurant and hope that you return again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Organised a 40th birthday meal for 25 of us, staff helpful and friendly as always but not sure if kitchen staff was short as waited long time for service. Food always good for what you pay having eaten many times there my only comment would be why change the menu so it excludes rolls now? Ordered smoked salmon with no brown bread? I would be much happier to pay more as it would still be value for money. I understood we could have ordered these but was too late by the time we got our starters. Still value for money and most people enjoyed it.

reidkev, Owner at The Ivory Rooms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thanks for taking the time out to write your comments on here. We will take your comments on board regarding the bread option and will pass these through to our restaurant and kitchen staff. We are please you found your meal good value for money and look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Again another travelzoo voucher comes good! This is our 3rd visit to this lovely little restaraunt with a nice grand piano going. Staff are very helpfull and bent over backwards to help us out on a menu change that we wasnt really allowed to do.

The Fillet steak is just gorgeous and you dont end up with strips of cut away fat left on your plate. Was informed by our guests that the sea bass and pork was a very very nice treat. I had again another pleasing evening at The Ivory Rooms.

Hi Ben, thanks for your feedback on here and we are glad you took advantage of one of our recent offers and had a great evening with your guests. Please keep an eye out in the press or on our website for any future promotions.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having taken advantage of the great Sunday Lunch offer before, I dined in the Ivory Rooms restaurant on Saturday evening with a couple of girl friends to try out the A La Carte menu. We were greetly very professionally by the restaurant manager and made to feel very welcome. The starters we chose were more than ample in size and cooked perfectly. The main courses were again delicious and very hot upon serving and these with a couple of lovely side dishes left us too full for a dessert. The ambiance in the restaurant was nice with a pianist playing and overall relaxing, we were not rushed at all by the waiting staff nor did we feel out of place being a girls only table as there was a nice mixture of bookings in the restaurant, For my first Saturday night dining experience there we were impressed and would not hesitate to return or recommend to other people.

Hi Jane, many thanks for your great feedback on Trip Advisor and glad you joined us for your first Saturday night dining experience. We hope you return and join us again for another relaxing meal.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Ivory Rooms offers a fabulous atmosphere for any type of occasion , my husband and I had a wonderful meal this evening in the very stylish restaurant the food was served by friendly efficient staff who were very attentive and obviously well trained, our starters looked amazing beautifully presented , I chose the goats cheese and fig salad and my husband had the hoisin duck with pancakes , we both chose fish for a main course , my sea bass which was served with Stir fried vegetables and noodles was to die for probably the best I have ever tasted, Tom chose the ginger and lime creme brûlée which was Devine I ended my meal with some mixed berries as I am unable to eat the sugar , there was absolutely no problem with me asking just for fruit, something that I find causes problems in other restaurants.
On leaving the Ivory Rooms the manager took the time to ask if we had enjoyed our meal , we both felt that there was a very nice friendly atmosphere and the staff genuinely seem to get on with each other.
Overall and excellent experience which will be repeated very soon.

1  Thank Pam S

Hi Pam and Tom, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to The Ivory Rooms. Our kitchen staff are well rehearsed in dealing with special dietary requirements so I am glad they accommodated your request for fruit only for dessert although the crème Brulée is to die for!! We hope to see you again soon.