“Superb!”

La Toscana
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run business in the heart of Billericay, serving only fresh produce cooked to order.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Family meal out to celebrate Mothering Sunday (table of 6). Absolutely outstanding food - presentation and value for money. Manager & Staff were welcoming, polite and very attentive, without being intrusive. Mothers received gifts after the meal - nice touch. Would recommend to everyone! Keep up the great work.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We went to La Toscana for my birthday with my family. The food was excellent, well presented and the staff were friendly. The only small negative I would say is that the cheeseboard was a little disappointing but other than that everything was delicious. Thank you for making my birthday so special.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

For some reason we have not eaten here for for some time but we had an excellent meal this weekend. The quality of the food and the the service were first class and portions were larger than I remember from our last visit. It's a bit more expensive than the national chain restaurants, but worth the extra.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for a few years now (over 10) and always had a good experience. It is not cheap but worse the occasional visit to enjoy the quality and service.
We will come back again as the menu also changes regularly.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have frequented this restaurant for many years, although not cheap, have always had a really pleasant time.both lunchtime and evening. I have always found the portions to be of a good size. My son bought me a Tastecard for Christmas, so I decided to try it out. However, on this occasion, portion size was extremely poor. I went with my husband and son, they were able to use the Tastecard choosing from the A la carte menu and I had the set menu. What a shame, my son has said he will not go back again, where he has been there on many occasions without the Tastecard. Maybe, they need to re-think, although someone may go using the tastecard, it is possible that a guest may not have a Tastecard, but would remember the experience and would re-visit. After this experience, I'm not sure my husband and I will be visiting again. Also, I noted, when they passed our table they held the plates higher, hoping that we would not see the portion size but, I already know what is normal and unfortunately, that night was really poor. This rating is based on this night! Sorry Elaine, (assistant manageress) just felt the need to say something to Tastecard as well, just so other people are not dissappointed. Tastecard confirm that portion size should not change and having dined in your restaurant and paid normal prices for the A la carte menu on many occasions including Birthdays, Anniversaries etc. it was a shame.

2  Thank EssexEmily