“Good Italian restaurant”

La Toscana
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run business in the heart of Billericay, serving only fresh produce cooked to order.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

nice little place for lunch if taking advantage of the set price menu - otherwise a bit on the pricey side for the food served which is, albeit, well presented and tasty

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visited la Toscana for the first time last weekend and I have to say the food was fantastic. We had read previous reveiws about the staff being off but we found the service great and all the staff friendly. Looking forward to next visit. (Only downside is that it is a bit pricey).

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I really don't know what to make of this place.

I've dined numerous times in the past eight years and on every occasion, the meals have been really rather good. The service, however, is distinctly curious. From the awkward to the downright offish.

I've just returned from having dined with my wife; I have to say, we felt quite unwelcome. Each prior experience has been just a little strange; but, I don't want a repeat of the uncomfortable atmosphere this evening, so, regrettably, I won't return.

It seems to me that the kitchen is being let greatly let down by the front of house. Even making a booking is difficult. In our experience, they never answer the telephone and rarely call back. Today, my wife had to drop by in person earlier in the day in order to book having failed to reach them by phone.

Such a shame; some simple changes could make this establishment really something. As it is, it's an oddity.

3  Thank swiss6
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We tried La Toscana for the first time at the weekend after living in the area for 5 years or so and really wish we visited earlier.
We booked an early table (7pm) as we just wanted a quick dinner. We were quickly shown to our table and menu's provided. Service was slick, food was very good, the bill was under £100 for 3 courses with wine and water.
A special mention to the delightful lady who was serving us. She was unobtrusive, knowledgeable, but always there when we wanted service.
We will return, we really liked the place

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovey evening with friends celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. The whole evening was pleasurable from the food to the service. Great value for money as the food was excellent. Will definitely return

1  Thank Dendanjims