“This is by far my favourite Restaurant”
Review of La Toscana

La Toscana
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run business in the heart of Billericay, serving only fresh produce cooked to order.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been here on several occasions and the Food is always excellant as is the Service. Our last visit was made even more enjoyable as they had live entertainment, just 2 individual singers walking round the tables, perfect evening.

1  Thank GILLEssex

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our first time dining at la toscana and was not disappointed at all. From the moment we arrived we was greeted and the service was Acceptional. Compliments to the chief, Everything was freashly cooked to order. Presentation and taste was superb. Of corse my date and company for the night helped make a lovely evening out. :)

1  Thank samantha73x
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Took my husband here for his birthday. We were greeted by the manager who was friendly and very accommodating.

Whilst our booking was not recorded by the girl who answered the phone a week previous, the manager soon rectified this without hesitation.

The manager and our waiter were very attentive and friendly. The food was of a high standard, well presented and very tasty. Compliments to the chef.

We will definitely return and would highly recommend to anyone.

Mr and Mrs Smith

1  Thank TheDillsies
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My fiancé booked a table at La Toscana mid week and we were looking forward to going there on a Friday evening. We arrived by walking up some nice outdoor seating and we were greeted by a nice young lady who showed us to our table. The restaurant was quite empty at this point (7pm) and only 2 other tables were in use at the time so we were given a window view on a table with 4 seats.

I noticed what looked like an oily substance on the back of my chair so the waitress swapped chairs for me as I didn't want my jacket to be stained.
So we sat down to look at the menu and after a few minutes along came a grumpy looking bald man waiter who approached me and quite abruptly asked me to move seats as I was in his way!
After I had half deciphered what he was actually saying because his accent was quite strong, He kept telling me to move in the kind of way a school teacher would tell a school kid off, My fiancé felt it was a totally inappropriate way to speak to paying guests!

He said that he wanted me to move so that he could serve the table nearest the wall, which by the way was completely empty at this point. So I got up moved my jacket and bag and shuffled around the to other side of the table.
After that we decided to leave without ordering which was a shame as the restaurant is really nice inside but out of a matter of principle also it felt awkward and he had spoilt the moment.
We will not be returning.
We went to Tarantino in Brentwood instead and had a nice meal there.
Whoever owns La Toscana really needs to send this member of staff on a customer service course or give him the sack.

10  Thank Canacious
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a family meal, a revisit after a fair interlude since our previous visit. We have had problems with the attitude of the Maitre D' in the past but on this occasion he could not have been more helpful, really excellent and friendly, and all the service was extremely good.
Everybody in our party thought that the food was really excellent, well presented, very tasty and ample portions.

3  Thank Rvwr2012