“Pleasant evening, excellent service and compliments to the chef.”
Review of La Toscana

La Toscana
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run business in the heart of Billericay, serving only fresh produce cooked to order.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Took my husband here for his birthday. We were greeted by the manager who was friendly and very accommodating.

Whilst our booking was not recorded by the girl who answered the phone a week previous, the manager soon rectified this without hesitation.

The manager and our waiter were very attentive and friendly. The food was of a high standard, well presented and very tasty. Compliments to the chef.

We will definitely return and would highly recommend to anyone.

Mr and Mrs Smith

1  Thank TheDillsies

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My fiancé booked a table at La Toscana mid week and we were looking forward to going there on a Friday evening. We arrived by walking up some nice outdoor seating and we were greeted by a nice young lady who showed us to our table. The restaurant was quite empty at this point (7pm) and only 2 other tables were in use at the time so we were given a window view on a table with 4 seats.

I noticed what looked like an oily substance on the back of my chair so the waitress swapped chairs for me as I didn't want my jacket to be stained.
So we sat down to look at the menu and after a few minutes along came a grumpy looking bald man waiter who approached me and quite abruptly asked me to move seats as I was in his way!
After I had half deciphered what he was actually saying because his accent was quite strong, He kept telling me to move in the kind of way a school teacher would tell a school kid off, My fiancé felt it was a totally inappropriate way to speak to paying guests!

He said that he wanted me to move so that he could serve the table nearest the wall, which by the way was completely empty at this point. So I got up moved my jacket and bag and shuffled around the to other side of the table.
After that we decided to leave without ordering which was a shame as the restaurant is really nice inside but out of a matter of principle also it felt awkward and he had spoilt the moment.
We will not be returning.
We went to Tarantino in Brentwood instead and had a nice meal there.
Whoever owns La Toscana really needs to send this member of staff on a customer service course or give him the sack.

10  Thank Canacious
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a family meal, a revisit after a fair interlude since our previous visit. We have had problems with the attitude of the Maitre D' in the past but on this occasion he could not have been more helpful, really excellent and friendly, and all the service was extremely good.
Everybody in our party thought that the food was really excellent, well presented, very tasty and ample portions.

3  Thank Rvwr2012
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I wanted to return to this lovely restaurant. Unfortunately, when we rang La Toscana to reserve a table, we felt that the Manager had such an abrupt and unfriendly telephone manner that we decided not to make the booking after all. Rather sad, as we were looking forward to the excellent food and ambiance of this lovely local restaurant.

3  Thank STEVEANDGABRIELA
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went for our first time and place is really nicely decorated and nice area to have pre dinner drinks.
Menu didnt have the old Italian favourites so for my husband who is a fussy eater not the best but that's not their fault. We both ordered the fillet steak was lovel and tender but had no real flavour. Also my husband asked for the vegetables on a separate plate and they came up all together, so when the head waiter asked if everything was ok, he mentioned the vegetables and he said ' sorry I didn't hear you!'
So as the others have said, he needs work!
We won't be returning any time soon! Shame

2  Thank suziesuitcase