“Always a good meal”

La Toscana
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run business in the heart of Billericay, serving only fresh produce cooked to order.
Essex, UK
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

From start to finish I can't fault this restaurant. We've been here numerous times and have never once had a bad meal. I love that you can have the pasta as a starter ir a main course and that they are always changing the specials. Really pleased it now opens on a Sunday.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank nevetsbbor

London, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have been to this place a few times of the years in its diffrent guises, but not for some time, and went just to makea change as had not been that keen in the past. Didn't recognise the place, looked good, service was fantastic and the food was excellent, a little pricey, but was good enough for you not feel hard done by!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Stoney43_11
Roaming the World with work
“Ideal for a bit of romance”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went to this restaurant on a Saturday night (booking is a must) with my then lady and have to say it is very good. Have to admit (having lived and worked in Italy) I found the actual Italian range of food some what minimal but all the food is very, very good.

Great relaxed atmosphere although I think some people go there to "be seen" rather than enjoy the food.

Attention from the staff is of a high standard and presentation very good especially if you are trying to impress a lady.

I personally thought it was an overall very good evening for the the cost and would have expected to pay more.

The only minus was that I had hoped to speak to the staff in Italian to impress my date but nobody spoke Italian (not even the owner).

Would suggest a booking time of around 20:30 (half eight) in the evening as this gives you enough time to relax and take a slow evening and soak up the atmosphere.

Any questions, drop me a line.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Fredo80
burnham-on-crouch
“Customer service- taste card”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Although it has signed up to taste card, this restaurant does not want to accept it. Today (Sunday) I rang and tried to book a table for 4 next Wednesday, I advised them that we had 2 taste cards only to be told that their limit was one card per table, so I requested two tables next to each other, this request was not accepted.
Clearly they do not want to accept the t. & c. of taste card, I have used this restaurant several times in the past without a taste card, however after this I do not feel enclined to revisit it. I reconised the voice of the person who took the call it was the bald headed manager.
I wonder it the owner is aware of his dimissive attitute to customers.THEY SHOULD NOT SAY THEY ACCEPT TASTE CARD THEN ARGUE ABOUT IT'S USE!!!!!!!
My advise use an alternative restaurant, at the moment there are few customers and most restaurants welcome you.

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank andreas p
Billericay, United Kingdom
“indifferent staff”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

ordered venison.looked good,but the italian ham it came with tasted like processed ham.but twice the price.overpriced meals!

• Visited January 2013