“Great B&B”
Review of Brooklands Lodge

Brooklands Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Sale B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great guest house in great location, booked for just myself for a 2 night visit, great en-suite everything available in room including safe, tv, wi-fi, fridge stocked with about 6 different cereals, milk, yoghurt and fruit juice. tea and coffee provided, bathroom stocked with gels and soaps should you need them. Steve and Angela are great hosts made me feel very welcome. and i will definitely be staying again, thank you both again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thanks for your kind comments, we really appreciate your views. It's great when frequent visitors to Manchester and the "Theatre" like what we do and how we treat our guests, particularly when the show wasn't up to scratch. Let's hope we don't have to sit through a "Greek tragedy" tonight!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed for two nights at this B&B and it is the best. The rooms are lovely, cosy and clean and the bed was so comfy. The cooked breakfast was great too. Will always stay there now when in Manchester as you can't beat it. There is a nice pub serving food and shops nearby. The owners were really nice and friendly, couldn't ask for a better weekend stay and as others have said its like home from home....highly recommended

Room Tip: We paid a bit extra and stayed in the executive double, the bath is huge (room 8)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your kind review, it was our pleasure to have you both stay and we are glad you had such a great time catching up with friends and family and visiting the area.
The VW Van was ace and certainly food for thought!

We shall look forward to your next visit

Reviewed December 24, 2013

It's been four years since my wife and I stayed at Brooklands Lodge, so this was my first visit on my own.

Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by Angela and Steve. I was quite surprised when she not only remembered me, but that she even remembered what room we stayed in on our last visit!

I had a single room with my own bathroom and shower just across the hall on the back of the B&B. The room is smartly decorated, a comfortable bed, and the thing that made me the most happy, an additional blanket that was more than adequate to cover me (when you're 6'4", it's a treat!).

The refrigerator is stocked each day with orange juice, a container of fruit, milk and a nice selection of cereal. Of course, you can order a cooked breakfast, but this breakfast suits me very well, as I can take breakfast when it suits my schedule. This worked out especially well on my morning of departure when I needed to leave before 6 AM.

The thing I enjoy most about Brooklands Lodge is the location. It's out just a bit from the city centre so that it's a bit quieter, but it's a quick tram ride into the centre and to everything I do whilst in Manchester and only a couple of blocks to the tram.

There's a gas station/convenience store a block down the street, an Italian restaurant less than a block away, a pub with excellent meals across the street and a sandwich bar and takeaway restaurant across the street. There is a pub and restaurant by the tram as well.

If your travels take you to the Manchester area, I can't recommend Brooklands Lodge highly enough. Well done!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for your kind review, it was good to see you again and we are pleased you had a great time whilst in Manchester. As you know the music scene is as good as ever and there is always something to enjoy whilst you are here.

Hopefully it wont be so long until your next visit. We shall look forward to welcoming you once again.

Steve and I are hopefully good at remembering our guests and we enjoy our exchanges of info and experiences

Happy New Year

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at Brooklands while working in City Centre for several months

Location
- Relatively easy access to and from the south via M6\A56
- Good road access to Trafford Centre
- Good access to ring road too
- Within 300m of tram stop giving access to City centre, Old Trafford and other ares
- Pubs and restaurants in immediate vicinity
- Nice area generally, canalside walks etc

Everything else
- Lovely hosts
- Steve's a big Man Utd fan and knows his football. Always available to commiserate on West Ham's woes.
- Warm, comfortable, beautifully decorated rooms
- Range of very tasty breakfasts
- Decent parking
- Good value prices

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Wow!! Your next job will be as a travel writer!! Thanks for your views, much appreciated. We do try to make our guests feel at home when they are away and the odd reminder of home, like a Manx Kipper does help! As for the football, one thing I do know is that 3-1 proves there is only one United!!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Upon arrival we allready knew we booked the right place ! We were welcomed as like coming home. The B&B is very close to the metrostation (3 minutes walk) and from there you can go to Manchester in just 15 minutes. We can highly recommend this B&B when visiting Manchester ! Steve & Angela will make your stay as nice as can possibly be...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JIM1978Bierbeek
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. We enjoyed meeting you both to, and hopefully our exchange of tips and advice worked well for you.
We recently visited the Belgium bar in Altrincham on you advise and that was brilliant. Our exchanges of knowledge and experiences with our guests are some of the best parts of the job.
Have a great festive season and hopefully we will see you again

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Two nights were booked and we found the owners very helpful and accommodating.
Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. It was also an advantage to being able to park on site.
The options for breakfast are good: if you want a cooked breakfast then advance notice not unreasonably has to be given on arrival and it is taken in the dining room. If not and you want breakfast in your room then cereals, yoghurt, fruit juice etc. are found in a small fridge in your room.
Good too that although the milk was not all used up from the first breakfast, a new supply was given for the following day.
So many 5 stars are awarded for this place but for me the dining table in the room was a little cramped and the bathroom, albeit spotless and with toiletries supplied, was also cramped. Perhaps the decider was that as a light sleeper the gentle noise of the fridge could be heard despite it being in a cupboard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thanks for your review, much appreciated. We see your comments as constructive and will take appropriate action. Regards, Brooklands Lodge

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this b&b for 3 days and I have to say it was such a lovely stay! The couple who run this place have been more than kind and helpful, the room was clean and bright and simply looked wonderful! All facilities great and the breakfast was also tasty ;) overall great value for money - I would recommend it and surely will stay there again!!

• Stayed: September 2013
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review, hopefully we try to make guests feel at home but keeping a respectful distance and obviously this worked for you. We try to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again, in the not so distant future