“Homely stay at Brooklands lodge”
Review of Brooklands Lodge

Brooklands Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Sale B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and myself stayed at the Lodge on the weekend of Friday 21st June we were in Manchester for the Robbie Williams concert at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday 22nd June. We had tried to book a hotel in the centre of Manchester but to no avail so I looked further a field and stumbled across the Lodge. I read the reviews beforehand and booked an exec ensuite double room and what a lovely surprise it was it was like being at home with many lovely touches and the whole atmosphere of the place was so warm and friendly and this was mainly due to the lovely two people who run the Guest House Steve and Angela.

It is handy for the Metro Link into Manchester and there is a nice pub across the road.We often pop up to Manchester for the weekend mainly because we love the City so we will definetly staying there again on one of our next visits especially if Steve can get us a pair of tickets to watch Man Utd.

Thanks for a lovely stay Steve & Caroline

Room Tip: Choose an Exec Double en suite great value.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your kind feedback. I'm pleased that you "stumbled" upon Brooklands Lodge but it's also a shame that Trip Advisor see fit not to list us in Manchester even though we have a Manchester postcode, crazy! You'll be more than welcome next time you're in town, only four stops on the Metro to the Theatre of Dreams, just be sure that you don't come with the Chelsea fan!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've been coming down to Manchester on business for the last few weeks and chose to stay locally to my place of work. The Brooklands Lodge was perfectly located. My rooms have always been spacious clean and supremely comfortable. The hosts Steve & Angela are extremely welcoming and eager to help with directions , places to eat , making reservations etc.
I especially like the free WiFi and the nice touch of a fridge in the room so you can grab a bowl of cereal and get off to work. However if you want the full monty breakfast its available in the dining room.
Sure you could stay in fancier "hotels" for more money but I'd doubt whether you'd get better rooms and a friendlier welcome anywhere than at the Brooklands. Its a genuine place with good people running it - you can't ask for more !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review, it's rewarding to get the "thumbs up" from a travel savvy traveller as we try to treat our guests how we would expect to be treated when we travel. We look forward to seeing you next time your down our way.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great place... friendly, fun staff. Clean rooms. Breakfast generous enough to keep a couple of 20-something year old men going for a while and we returned each day to biscuits, chocolates, mints and sweets. Great service and excellent value for money!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, it was pleasure to have you stay and that you enoyed Manchester so much. With the Metro so handy for Brooklands Lodge it is sometimes nice to stay in a quiet area. We shall look forward to seeing you again, you are more than welcome
Kind regards
Angela & Steve

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Where do I start? From the rooms to the owners it was lovely. It's very clean, very modern and exceptionally well priced considering it was a festival season! When we got there we were met and greeted. We were presented with little biscuits when we got in every night and a variety of cereals every night. The beds were comfortable and everything was spotless. A faultless stay with faultless hosts. If I could give it more stars I would!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review, we enjoyed having you stay, Manchester was brilliant that weekend with all it has to offer and we are so glad we were part of it.
No matter how old you are choccies and biscuits always go done well!!!
Good luck with your job
Kind regards
Steve and Angela

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We are so very thankful that we had the opportunity to stay with Steve & Angela at Brooklands Lodge. Our hosts were warm, friendly and hospitable people. The rooms were excellent and the attention given to us to make sure we were comfortable and at ease could not have been better. Steve went out of his way to see that we enjoy our breakfast and had all we needed for the day ahead. Steve and Angela offered suggestions for local eateries, places to visit and gave us clear directions needed to get to an appointment across town. Brooklands is in a central location, within a pleasant neighbourhood and very handy to public transport. It is no wonder that much of their clientele is repeat business. We thank them so very much for looking after as if we were family yet giving us our own space. Steve and Angela are a top hospitality team.

Room Tip: Not necessary
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks for your glowing review but you made it so easy for us as your company was a pleasure and we really appreciate your comments. As for the cheese, wow! it was wonderful and needless to say it didn't last long!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and you'll be welcome back anytime!! Kind Regards, S&A

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I do not have a bad word to say about the staff at this hotel - they couldn't be friendlier. On arrival they took the time to talk to us and recommended local restaurants, bars and pubs.The rooms were clean and comfortable, with nice little touches like chocolates and biscuits. You get your own mini fridge which is replenished daily, and a breakfast table in your room. Angela also makes a stunning cooked breakfast if required. The only minor negative I have is that my shower wasn't very powerful and did keep switching from hot to cold - but to be fair I didn't mention it so the staff did not get the chance to fix this. Overall I would highly recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: The ensuite rooms are very nice. Probably avoid the basement room - there is nothing wrong with it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Klhale
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your course was successful, and that you enjoyed your night on the town in Manchester, we shall look forward to seeing you on the second part of your course. There's so much to see and do in this area.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I arrived stressed ( for an exam in Manchester). The proprietors who are charming couple settled me in and were welcoming and kind to me - friendly, warm, accommodating. The room was extremely comfortable and clean and I slept like a log despite the exam....quiet, comfortable, fully equipped.
I opted for the cooked breakfast which was fabulous and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this 'home from home' accommodation.
It is also very conveniently located close to the metro station for quick access to downtown Manchester, and the owners have many food suggestions for local eateries.
In short - a pleasure to stay here- and I fully endorse the positive feedback that others have left.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Magnus A
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review, it was our pleasure to have you stay and look forward to next time either you or you colleagues wish to stay, as now you know how near to Wythenshawe hospital we are.
Your sat nav directions worked wonderfully, i hope now i can have one of my own.
Kindest regards