“Great stay Thanks... Brooklands Lodge”
Review of Brooklands Lodge

Brooklands Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Sale B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed in the Brooklands lodge in February while on a course near Trafford Park

The Host Steve was very pleasant and keeps a wonderful Bed and Breakfast. The Brooklands is quite, very clean and central to an array of decent eateries. I would strongly recommend you stay, you will not be disappointed

Well done Steve and Family

The "Brooklands lodge" is Special

thanks

Kind regards

Carl

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank carl r
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hi Carl, Thanks for leaving such a kind review, much appreciated.
It's a pleasure when somebody as well travelled as yourself appreciates the efforts we put in. They say that your're only as good as your last review, well we'll keep trying, if you keep coming!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Steve and Angela are two of the friendliest people you could wish to meet ,they are honest straight forward and a pleasure to be in company with , i have stayed with them since last October/November until yesterday 8th February 2013 and to be honest i wish i had found there guest house earlier ,the rooms are very nice ,very clean and well maintained,if someone was wishing to stay in the area i would without hesitation recommend Steve and Angela's place ,there are plenty of places to eat out the two pubs one just over the road "the Little B" is very nice as is the Moorcroft just down the road ,both serving good food at very good prices ,along with many take aways etc etc all easy to walk to ,,all i can say is many thanks for an enjoyable relaxing stay ,and if i come back to Manchester to work again i shall be ringing you again for a room ,I thoroughly enjoyed my stay ,again many thanks Steve and Angela you made me very welcome as if i was in my own home............oh and Steve ya not a bad fella for a Utd supporter, take care both of you and thanks again .

all the best Bruce.

Room Tip: any of the rooms i would recommend all kept to a high standard !!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BruceLEEDSUNITED
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks Kingy, most appreciated and just a little touching, thank you!!
Unlike a Leeds Utd midfield terrier from the 70's you weren't stroppy or dirty but you were clean, tidy, punctual and a real pleasure to have in our home. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here in October 2012. I grew up in Brooklands and I had no idea that Brooklands Lodge existed until we were looking for somewhere to stay on this trip. Angela and Steve are great hosts, the full English breakfasts are brilliant, the accommodations are clean and bright and the room rates are value for money. The only downside is that Steve is a Man United fan!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel P
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

"We'll be back", now that you've revealed your true colours, "We'll be full!!"

Seriously though, thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated. We always try our best to extend a warm welcome and provide great service to all our guests whatever their persuasion. Hope to see you next time for more banter over eggs n' bacon!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The room was large bright and clean. The bathroom was modern and had a large shower.

Within 5min you have the Metro and there is plenty of parking.

There is a pub which serves food across the road and if you go on a 10min walk you will find a wide selection of different restaurants and pubs.

The breakfast was perfect, not fried but grilled and the quality of the meat and bread was great. I opted for this to set me up for the day and it sure did.

The owners Steve and Angela were lovely and left you alone to get on with your stay but also liked to have a good chat if you were in the mood.

Overall this B&B surpassed any of my expectations and if I'm anywhere near them in the future I will stay even if it it means a 20min Metro Ride.

• Stayed: January 2013
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for saying "more than enough" about Brooklands Lodge, we really really appreciate your feedback. We always say that a little effort and a smile doesn't cost very much! We also appreciate the effort you made on our behalf and hope that the exam went well, let's hope the Green Tea worked it's magic!! Hope to see you next time your this way or when you fancy tickets!! Kind Regards, Steve & Angela

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've been staying at BL several times per year since 2008. Steve and Angela are always pleased to see me, welcoming, interested in me and ready with loads of local knowledge. The Lodge is also really conveniently placed with the Metro 5 minutes walk away and plenty of places to eat and drink similarly adjacent.

The rooms are spotless, warm and they have great little touches like good quality biscuits!

Super place, super people.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

One of the best things about our job, is our guests and although we try to be approachable and yet discrete, it's always nice when people come back and we get the next bit of the story!! Whether it's how the kids are doing or where's a good dive site, it's like friends re-united! We'll keep trying to improve on what we do here at Brooklands Lodge, as long as you comeback with the latest news on how things are going! Kind Regards, Steve & Angela

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed at this very warm and friendly B&B in October for 2 weeks and it really was a home from home stay - I felt like one of the family and anything I needed was supplied with a smile! Poppy dog enhanced my stay even more (she loved the bits of bacon rind I saved for her!!) as I was in Sale to train to be a dog groomer (didn't get to practice on her though!). The room was well appointed with a great massage shower, fridge etc and the cooked breakfasts were great! Overall, I would thoroughly recommend staying at Brooklands Lodge (there are plenty of places to eat in the evening all within a 10 minute walk!) Thanks again.

Room Tip: Any would be good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your review, it was great to have yo stay and you will be pleased to know that Poppy enjoyed her Christmas break and replaced her bacon by a considerable amount of turkey!
We hope your business is doing well.
Kind regards
Angela & Steve

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My Mum, husband and I stayed at the Brooklands Lodge for two nights over a weekend whilst visiting Manchester. We had a great stay and owe Angela and Steve (and their lovely and very well behaved dog Poppy) a big thanks for making us all feel very welcome. I'm sure you can tell from the other reviews that they make everyone feel welcome, and that's part of the charm of staying at the lodge.

We had a double and single room booked for the two nights and both were clean and quite. A breakfast including a variety of cereals, yogurt, fruit, juice and tea was included in our room cost. There is also on-site guest parking available free of charge.

It's a shame that the hotel is listed as 'Greater Manchester' when it's two minute walk from a Metrolink that will take you to the middle of Manchester city within 15 minutes so don't let the location deter you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Punchy_but_accurate
poppy d, Owner at Brooklands Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review, we really enjoy having guests stay who enjoy all that the area has to offer I am sure that on your next vist there will even more to discover.
Have a great christmas and a very happy new year.
Kind regards to you all
Angela, Steve and Poppy of course!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Didsbury House
#5 of 120 in Manchester
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa

Been to Brooklands Lodge? Share your experiences!