“Good”
Review of The Greek Kitchen - CLOSED

The Greek Kitchen
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A modern Greek Tavern, serving the very best quality of food cooked in a state of the art kitchen, using only authentic recipes. We specialise in Meze Mezedakia and A la Carte
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Great place..food is lovely and staff are all very sweet. Ive been greece a lot, and got married there and this is a nice reminder. Would benefit from more subtle lighting and maybe a candle ot two.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went there on a Saturday and was pretty busy and noisy (as another review mentioned for the 26th of July 2014) but that was because of a very large and excessively merry birthday group. Anyway a busy restaurant is a good sign in my book, so regarding the food...

Group of 6 the ladies tried lamb souvlaki and some starters us 3 blokes went for the 22 meze platters of course. Nobody was disappointed. The staff was attentive and the food arrived timely despite how busy the restaurant was. The highlight was definitely the souvlaki which is one of the things I miss from back home (being Greek and living in Manchester) and going back today to order for myself (my wife parted with a couple of pieces after I threatened she would walk home).

Overall, great food prices not too bad.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just returned from the Greek Kitchen in Sale and have to say we were most disappointed on the qualityof food.Starters were uninspiring with the Greek Salad only containing 4 small pieces of Feta Cheese for £6.Our main of Kleftiko described in the menu as "falling off the bone"was actually tough and mentioned to a member of staff who said he would tell the Chef but there was no feedback.Vegetables consisted of tiny pieces of carrot and cauliflower and overwhelmed with beet root and the roast potatoes masquerading as boiled.Overpriced and excessively noisy.
Will not be returning any time soon.

1  Thank j_carr223
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I first visited The Greek Kitchen last week with a friend and tried a few small "tapas" dishes. The food and service were so good I immediately booked for that weekend on Saturday. We had initially booked for 3 people, but when we arrived with 5 the staff were very helpful and accommodating by simply asking us to have a drink at the bar and wait until a table became available. We all took advantage of the excellent meze offer and were not disappointed. The food was plentiful, fresh, authentic and tasty.

This is an excellent restaurant with lovely staff and ambiance, in my opinion it's every bit as good as Dmitri's etc in town- give it a try!

1  Thank JMANC30
Reviewed July 9, 2014

After holidaying in Greece and Cyprus and enjoying the food we were excited to find the Greek Kitchen advertising greek/cypriot food. We were warmly welcomed into the restaurant and all the staff were cheerful. The food was not a let down. I started with the saganaki prawns which were so soft and flavoursome. My husband had halloumi and pitta bread. I then had the kleftiko. This was total heaven. A lamb shank falling off the bone and so tender and gelatinous. Then it came with the most gorgeous roast potatoes flavoured with meat juices. My husband had my dish of veg and he raved over the flavours. His main was the wild mushroom moussaka which was a very good size. He then managed the greek yoghurt and honey while I finished off with an ouzo. We cannot praise the chefs enough, they certainly know their flavours. We will be returning again and we would recommend the restaurant. It might be a good idea to book. We turned up on a wet tuesday evening and it was busy.

2  Thank LindaMoo