“perfect”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Kent
“perfect”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Stayed here with my wife on a recent visit to watch Manchester United. The hotel was a 10 minute walf from the tram station which took us straight into Old Trafford. We stayed in room 1 which is a LARGE double room on the first floor. The room was faultless, with a 32 inch plasma on the wall which my wife could watch Eastenders on whilst I was at the football. The food was excellent and we only paid £10 for 2 fish chips and peas BARGIN. The bar has a very friendly relaxed atmosphere to it, with many "locals" frequenting it.Garvan is an avid Manchester United fan, what he doesn't know about United isn't woth noing, and was extremely helpfull in getting me to the ground.
The breakfast really is a full breakfast! It kept us going all day.
We will be returning for our next Manchester United game, hopefully for more than the two nights we spent on this last trip.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Crewe
Reviewed October 10, 2008

I stayed at the Eskdale Lodge last week on business. I booked a single room and was made up when I was taken too a large double room for the same price. The usual bits and pieces were in the room such as biscuits with the tea & coffee as well as extra touches such as mints, hand wipes, bottles of shower gels instead of those annoying little sachets, which all added to an enjoyable stay. The room had recently been renovated, so was very clean and had a large LCD television with every channel you could want on - and this for £45.95 B & B - I would usually pay much more for such luxuries.
The bar had a nice atmosphere about it and was very reasonably priced compared to a lot of similar venues I have stayed in. The food was lovely and freshly cooked. I paid £7 for a fresh lasagne with chips & salad, and it was definetaly homemade and not one of those frozen 5 minute in a microwave types.
The breakfast was also very good, and a special menton should go out to Margaret who served the breakfast as nothing was too much trouble for her.
Normally I would be put off my a "budget" hotel such as this without a star rating, but on this occasion this place delivers better than you would expect.
I will be returning.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
Belmore Hotel
Belmore Hotel
#5 of 8 in Sale
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!