“Love it!”

and 1 more site!
Eskdale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm in Sale several times a year as my Mum lives there, and I invariably drag friends with me and Eskdale Lodge is where I have put them all up! Great staff, family run, awesome pub inside with a great heated smoking area for those of us with the filthy habit! I really love this place. All my newbie friends get a nice sense of English village life, food, and the local folk, without sacrificing comfort. My only suggestion is since we always arrive at the crack of dawn, early check in would be brilliant!

Jill Amara

Room Tip: Any room is a good one....
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you Jill for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I'm so glad that you enjoy staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
In regards to check in, if you contact us directly prior to booking we always try our utmost to accommodate an early arrival.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here fri 30 may room was clean spacious and had everthing you need the staff was very very freindly breakfast was outstanding and the staff could not do enough for you everything from checking in to checking out run smooth the owner should be proud of themselves and of there staff thank you for a wonderfull stay would highlley recomend

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike S

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a kind review. It really does make my day when I read that guests have enjoyed everything that we have to offer.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Eskdale Lodge.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We booked Eskdale a few months ago as we had a wedding to attend in Manchester on 26th May - I called the hotel and spoke to Garvan who was very nice and secured the booking etc. We booked to stay on 24th and 25th May. The reason we selected the hotel was because it was close to friends and family who lived in Sale. I have to admit because of the low price we paid for the room I was not expecting much - HOW SURPRISED I WAS!!! When we arrived we were greeted by 2 lovely ladies and the check in took approx 3 minutes!! It was stress free and after a long drive was just what we needed! We checked in and stayed in room number 2 – It was clean and had everything we needed – The bathroom was dated but there was a sign up saying they were in the middle of refurbishment – there had been a new ceiling etc with LED lights. The fact is the room had comfy beds (With duvets!), tea and coffee, TV, shower bath toilet, towels, toiletries, storage space, mirrors – we were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room for the money we paid. We then ordered dinner in the restaurant – IT WAS ONE OF THE NICEST MEALS I HAVE EVER TASTED!! I have been to Michelin star Restaurants, but this food was to die for, We had Thai Ribs, Leek and potato Soup, followed by Chicken Madras and they catered for my little boy with Fish Goujons , wedges and peas, my husband had Pasta Arrabiata and that was amazing too! The meal was well priced and the presentation of all the dishes was really like you would receive at the IVY in London. I cannot fault this hotel at all, the staff are so friendly and you can really tell they want to be there, even at 7.30 in the morning when we had breakfast! They all went that extra mile to make our stay great. The night of the wedding we stayed in a 4 star hotel 2 miles away (This was where the wedding was being held), I have to be honest it wasn’t a patch on the service we received at Eskdale and it was double the price!!! This will be a regular hotel for us in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Iloveholidays34

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. And, my word, I could not have put it better myself! You'll be glad to hear that , now that my tiler is back to full health, the bathroom in Room 2 is finally done, and is looking very smart if I do say so myself.
I've passed your compliments onto our chef, but I was a bit late. He had already read your review and was glowing from it.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friend booked a birthday meal for around 20 people at the Esdale Lodge Hotel.
We were shown into a private room, where the service and the food were all excellent.
Would highly recommend.
Didn't actually stay overnight, therefore cannot comment on the rooms etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank elliegib
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review. I am so happy that you had a good time and that everything was to your liking. I will pass your compliments on to our chefs, bar and waiting staff.
The restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday 5.30 - 9.30pm, with all our food freshly prepared and cooked to order. Feel free to come back and enjoy our food anytime.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's friendly and great value but the rooms are small and basic and it needs a good 'going over'. In particular, the lurid Axminster carpet needs replacing throughout. One good feature was our bathroom but overall we found it a disheartening experience.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I am very sorry to hear that we did not live up to expectations and I want to take this chance to respond. I truly believe that we offer exceptional value for money and I personally am yet to find a hotel in the country that offer high quality shower/bath gel, shampoo and conditioner , soaps,moisturiser, sewing kit etc, mineral water, mints, name brand tea and coffee, luxury cookies, LED TV with additional channels - all for the price we do.
I am glad you liked the bathroom as all our en-suites are to be fitted to this very high standard, with another one currently being done now. Unfortunately, this standard of En-Suite does not come cheap so therefore these improvements have to be staggered.
I am very sorry that you did not like our taste in Axminster carpet which is standard hard wearing carpet found in hotels up and down the country. In the perfect world I would change some in the common areas, but currently so much money is getting spent in other areas these are not deemed as being priority.
We never pretend to be something we are not and are priced very competitively to keep our dairy full and guests happy. The vast majority that leave us are happy and vow to return, I am just very sorry that you are not.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at this guest house whilst down from Scotland for a wedding! The hotel itself is in an excellent location and most of the staff were happy and friendly. The blonde girl behind the bar was rude and arrogant with an I'm above everyone attitude, Tutting and pulling faces! She ruined our experience with this hotel. However everything else was up to standard. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Claire66678

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Please can you contact me directly in regards to your stay as I have no record of a Claire from Glasgow having stayed with us. If you can let me know what room you stayed in, the date and your full booking details it would be very much appreciated so I can deal with the matter personally.
Allie is an excellent young member of our bar staff and I have never known her to be rude to anybody, nor have I known her to "have an attitude". Allie has, however, been a victim of internet "trolling" recently and this review has been left at the same time as her other internet social media attacks.. Please forgive if I am wrong but I suspect that this is yet another online harassment.
I have contacted Trip advisor several times about this matter and so far it has not been resolved, so this is my only available option to respond to this allegation.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Had a three day break here in early January
The thing that always stands out is the amazing friendliness of all the staff.
It really is like a home from home and they are on first name terms with the majority of the guests.
Breakfast is great, such large portions, freshly cooked and good quality ingredients .
It is in a great location and so easy to get around.
When in Manchester I will never stay anywhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Adriano S

Thank you Kevin for all your kind reviews, you are my serial reviewer!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, it is very much appreciated. It can be a little disheartening at times logging on here to find a less than positive review of our hotel given the hundreds of people who leave the building very happy.
Always a please and never a chore.

Kind Regards

Garvan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Belmore Hotel
Belmore Hotel
#7 of 8 in Sale
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Travelodge Manchester Sale Hotel
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!