“Party”

Eskdale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friend booked a birthday meal for around 20 people at the Esdale Lodge Hotel.
We were shown into a private room, where the service and the food were all excellent.
Would highly recommend.
Didn't actually stay overnight, therefore cannot comment on the rooms etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank elliegib
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review. I am so happy that you had a good time and that everything was to your liking. I will pass your compliments on to our chefs, bar and waiting staff.
The restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday 5.30 - 9.30pm, with all our food freshly prepared and cooked to order. Feel free to come back and enjoy our food anytime.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's friendly and great value but the rooms are small and basic and it needs a good 'going over'. In particular, the lurid Axminster carpet needs replacing throughout. One good feature was our bathroom but overall we found it a disheartening experience.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I am very sorry to hear that we did not live up to expectations and I want to take this chance to respond. I truly believe that we offer exceptional value for money and I personally am yet to find a hotel in the country that offer high quality shower/bath gel, shampoo and conditioner , soaps,moisturiser, sewing kit etc, mineral water, mints, name brand tea and coffee, luxury cookies, LED TV with additional channels - all for the price we do.
I am glad you liked the bathroom as all our en-suites are to be fitted to this very high standard, with another one currently being done now. Unfortunately, this standard of En-Suite does not come cheap so therefore these improvements have to be staggered.
I am very sorry that you did not like our taste in Axminster carpet which is standard hard wearing carpet found in hotels up and down the country. In the perfect world I would change some in the common areas, but currently so much money is getting spent in other areas these are not deemed as being priority.
We never pretend to be something we are not and are priced very competitively to keep our dairy full and guests happy. The vast majority that leave us are happy and vow to return, I am just very sorry that you are not.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at this guest house whilst down from Scotland for a wedding! The hotel itself is in an excellent location and most of the staff were happy and friendly. The blonde girl behind the bar was rude and arrogant with an I'm above everyone attitude, Tutting and pulling faces! She ruined our experience with this hotel. However everything else was up to standard. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Claire66678

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Please can you contact me directly in regards to your stay as I have no record of a Claire from Glasgow having stayed with us. If you can let me know what room you stayed in, the date and your full booking details it would be very much appreciated so I can deal with the matter personally.
Allie is an excellent young member of our bar staff and I have never known her to be rude to anybody, nor have I known her to "have an attitude". Allie has, however, been a victim of internet "trolling" recently and this review has been left at the same time as her other internet social media attacks.. Please forgive if I am wrong but I suspect that this is yet another online harassment.
I have contacted Trip advisor several times about this matter and so far it has not been resolved, so this is my only available option to respond to this allegation.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Had a three day break here in early January
The thing that always stands out is the amazing friendliness of all the staff.
It really is like a home from home and they are on first name terms with the majority of the guests.
Breakfast is great, such large portions, freshly cooked and good quality ingredients .
It is in a great location and so easy to get around.
When in Manchester I will never stay anywhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Adriano S

Thank you Kevin for all your kind reviews, you are my serial reviewer!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, it is very much appreciated. It can be a little disheartening at times logging on here to find a less than positive review of our hotel given the hundreds of people who leave the building very happy.
Always a please and never a chore.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We love this family run hotel,it offers lovely rooms to travellers often our family, and excellent bistro food for us locals too. The kitchen has recently been taken over by Ian Carr Catering and oh boy can this guy cook. It's a delightful place with 3 bars, good beers and smiling faces. Amazing food , amazing value.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sue C
Reviewed January 23, 2014

New Chef and New Menu a New beginning for the Eskdale Lodge, Sale . Highly recommended, well presented nice and hot, excellent service and the bar has cask ale. Food all home cooked and the Early Bird is well worth giving it a go

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MicF18
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for two nights to attend a football game. We stayed in a triple room (room 2) and were a little disappointed! The room was clean and tidy but a little tired. The floors are very creaky, a bit of a nuisance during my nightly visit to the bathroom as I disturbed the rest of the family. The bathroom, though clean, could definitely do with an upgrade! The wall paper is starting to come away at the joins and is ripped at the side of the bath. The back of the shower screen is quite badly stained at the bottom. We had trouble controlling the temperature of the shower mixer taps.
However the staff were very welcoming and friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Belmore Hotel
Belmore Hotel
#6 of 8 in Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel
Travelodge Manchester Sale Hotel
Belforte House Hotel

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!