Eskdale Lodge
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
$77
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstorage spaceprivate functiondownstairs barearly januarybiscuitscurryan evening mealexcellent value for moneybottled waterold traffordsuperb breakfastlittle gemenjoyed our staytea and coffee making facilitiesvisiting manchestertwin roomgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked this hotel for our visit to Old Trafford. We stayed for two nights in a family room, with one double, two singles and one put you up bed. The staff were lovely and welcoming, although the hotel could have benefited from a more obvious reception area, as we didn't realise to start with that we needed to check in at the bar. We ate in the restaurant the first night and had a great meal (we were at a football match the second night, or we would have definitely eaten there again). Breakfast both mornings was also first class. Children's meals were available, good quality and good portion size.
The room was clean and well-maintained, but our window opened onto a busy road and the traffic noise did disturb us a little. The location is ideal for a visit to any of Trafford's attractions, so I suppose that's the trade off for a little traffic noise, but had we been staying longer than two nights it might have become an issue with tired, grumpy children.
The only other criticism is although the hotel has a fair sized car park, it quickly filled up with clientele from the busy bar. When we returned from the football match on the second night we had to park in the rubbish bin area, and my husband had to wait till the bar had cleared to move the car at gone midnight. Only a minor issue, but reserved spaces for overnight guests would have been very welcomed as we crawled back exhausted after a 40 minute wait to get out of the Old Trafford car park and we just wanted to get the kids to bed.
Overall though a very welcoming, pleasant hotel in an excellent location and with fantastic food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited the hotel with family who were staying there and said how good the food was, oh boy they were so right. I had the best mushroom stroganoff I ve ever had. The others had gammon which was huge and delicious , we left very clean plates. Sadly we couldn't manage any pudding!
This is such good value for money,the service was great, nice dining area and a really happy atmosphere. Try it soon, we ll be back for more .

Room Tip: My family say the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night in August. I chose Eskdale lodge as it was close to a function I attended and was very reasonably priced ( £44 for an ensuite room)
I received a phone call from the proprietor prior to checking in to enquire about my estimated arrival time. The room was clean - kettle - flat screen tv - nice collection of toiletries - I didn't eat here but a full menu was available. The bar was busy as the football was on - parking was available onsite and off road. If in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The bedroom was comfortable but in need of redecoration and looked very tired, The beds were comfortable and quiet.
The breakfast was lovely with a good choice and promptly served by friendly staff.
The bar was reasonably priced and friendly, no real ale on offer but plenty of choice on offer.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good, we were at the front but there was no road noise heard in the room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic stay yet again.
Have now been here possibly five or six times and the service, facilities and customer care are second to non.
Free wi-Fi , nice little touches like mineral water in the room, mints, good quality tea tray with good biscuits.
A superb breakfast cooked to order and served piping hot.
Really friendly, feels like coming home as opposed to staying in a hotel.
The dinner meals are always excellent and there is a lovely friendly bar.
A good ten minutes walk to the Metro and then into the city centre.
Will always stay here when in the area.
It's FIVE star fantastic for me.

• Stayed: May 2013