“Great find”
Review of Eskdale Lodge

Eskdale Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were up in Manchester for the football and this hotel had been recommened to me.
It exceeded all my expectations,friendly check in ,showed to the room,advised about special dining offer an the two bars in the hotel.
Had a fantastic home cooked dinner selected from an extensive menu ,with a discount for dining before 7pm.
The bar lounge area and bar were full so they must be doing something right.
The bedroom was shower only but it was a powerful shower.
Good size bedroom,good flat screen TV and excellent wi-Fi.Why don't more hotels provide it free.
Room rates exclude breakfast and I had a fantastic English breakfast,obviously cooked to order and great coffee.
Will certainly return,great find.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Rooms tired and dull, staff even duller. The only words spoken when I checked in were not hello, or welcome, they were "Do you want to pay now ?" then "I'll show you to your room". When I checked out I was not asked if everything was ok, or did I enjoy my stay, I was just asked "Did you pay last night ?". When I replied "yes" it was then "Thank you, goodbye". Not the most welcoming place I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Learn some jokes to tell the staff, then they might smile !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights to save money for my employer. It was a basic room at £35 per night (Room No 5). Full cooked breakfast was £7.50 (with a £4.50 continental available). There are deluxe rooms also which the manager told me are more modernised. Although I didnt stop there appears to be a good (but limited) selection of evening meals and a bar with Sky Channels. Most of residents are male mid-week and appear to be friendly workmen, some of whom are regulars. The bar is also used by passersby who watch the matches (there is a 5-7pm happy hour).

Plus points: Room 5 was amazingly quiet even though near the bar. It was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I got a good nights sleep despite the room facing the road. The staff were extremely helfpul and friendly. Take all credit cards. Hotel was within walking distance of Sale Centre (10-15 mins). Its in a good neighbourhood with some nice private residents on some of the side roads.

Lesser points: decor in the room is old fashioned and worn (even though it is clean/ freshly painted and the chairs are new). Apparently Room 5 is one of 2 that has an old fashioned electric shower and cubicle but it worked and was very clean and plenty of hot water. The bathroom was very small and it was difficult to use the loo which was wedged between a sink and a toilet roll holder.

I wouldnt normally stay in a £35 a night hotel but this is extremely good value if willing to lower standards a little. Suitable for single travellers - you probably wouldnt impress your spouse on a wedding anniversary or similar.

Room Tip: apparently rooms facing the garden are the best - I was told to try Rooms 1 or 2 on my next visit
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have just returned from an overnight stay at the Eskdale Lodge Hotel where I had a very pleasant stay. My primary concern for this stay was budget so I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nicely decorated room with a really nice bathroom. Whilst at the hotel we had dinner and breakfast in the Hotel restaurant and the food was great. I would definitely stay here again when I pass through this way.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Being a woman on my own it is important to find a hotel where you feel comfortable. So for any woman on their own Eskdale is perfect. Not only is it excellent value for money. You can go to the bar, have a lovely meal or even just a drink and feel welcome.as sometimes even in this day and age a woman on her own can feel uncomfortable in hotels.So Eskdale is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Depends what you want from a room.All the rooms I have stayed in are lovely. although if we ever hav...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here about a month ago and would have absolutely no hesitation in staying again.
Main points:
Spacious room
Very comfortable bed with Egyptian cotton bedding - I did not want to get up!
Able to provide breakfast slightly earlier than needed (although I did not take up this offer as I was in a hurry)
Absolutely delightful hosts, happy to help with anything
Home cooked food and varied menu
Bar underneath room but heard not a peep all evening
Hosts very accomodating - allowed me to check in 3 hours early :) Thank you
Bathroom clean with Egyptian cotton towels
I felt very safe staying here (lone young female) and I also felt very safe walking to and from the MetroLink station after dark - its only about 20 minutes and in a straight line
Tea, Coffee and biscuits in room

For the price I paid £35 I could not fault this hotel and would definately recommend to Machester fliers. It took me approx 20 mins in morning traffic to get to the airport and park at about 8am in the moring.

Room Tip: I had room 5 and it was a lovely double - certainly big enough for 2 people.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

just returned ,stayed for one night large room with everthing you nead and all the trimmings we have stayed at 5 star places and not had what we had at this hotel,we were welcomed from the moment we arived had room number 4,we walked into town for food.and later came back to find lots of people eating, we made friends easy and talked to people that were just visiting for a drink and found people so friendly, the staff at the bar were helpfull thank you from sue and tony wales u.k. x

Room Tip: this hotel isnt far from manchester for shopping and about 15 min, its also near airport.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you so much for leaving such a nice review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes

Garvan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
1 mi away
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Sale Hotel
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford

Been to Eskdale Lodge? Share your experiences!