“My Stay at the Eskdale lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Eskdale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sale
London
“My Stay at the Eskdale lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at the Eskdale lodge for 3 nights this week.
I arrived on Sunday to friendly owners who showed me to my room.
The room was lovely and nice and clean, with free WIFI internet access and a comfy bed.
The following day I went down for Breakfast, which was also lovely.
I also had dinner in the hotel curry of the day which was delicious. The hotel is situated in a very nice quiet area, the bar gets quite busy in the evenings I think alot of locals go there probably because of the warm welcome from all staff and great food!

Excellent value for money and customer service second to none, I felt totally at home and would not think twice about booking again next time I am visiting Manchester.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you Vikki for taking the time to leave a review.We're absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay . When guests recognize all the effort that we put into our hotel and into making their stay a pleasant one; it truly makes our day. So thank you for that and thanks for the great review.
We hope to see you again soon.

Garvan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We are just back from a 3 night stay in the Eskdale lodge and we had a great time. Hotel is spotless and the owners were so welcoming, couldn't do enough for us. Food was lovely especially the breakfast and it is excellant value for money as well. The hotel is also used by the locals so it is very busy but once you are in your room there is absolutely no noise from the bar and everyone was so friendly we really felt at home. Would definitely use this hotel again without any questions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed what we have to offer.
I hope to see you and your family again soon.

Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just came back from a stay in this B & B and got to say it was really good. The owner and his wife made us very welcome from the word go and all the staff there are friendly and would do anything for you. The rooms were clean and roomy and the maid/cleaner did our room every day. Would definetly recommend to anyone for a stay in Manchester.

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor - no complaints
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind review Loraine. It was lovely to have met you and your family and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to meet you again.
Many thanks for recommending us, your comments are very much appreciated.

Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have been staying in the Eskdale lodge for three days a week for the past year. I originally found it through a search site and read some reviews, I am delighted with what I have experienced over the past year. Excellent helpfull staff, very clean facilities, bed linen always spotless and fresh. The owners will do anything they can to make your stay a stress free situation. The bar downstairs is very popular within the local area, an area which in itself is very well presented. Even with the bar and resturant being so popular, they is very little noise in the rooms upstairs, unlike most B&B's around Manchester. I spent most of my time in room one or two, which are both directly above the bar area, quiet comfortable sleeping. To top it all, the breakfast is probably the best breakfast I have had not only in Manchester, but many other parts of the country as well. I have now come to an end with my working in this area, but I will definately be comming back to the Eskdale when I need to come to Manchester again. Very happy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Good afternoon Phil and thank you very much for your kind review.
I am delighted that we ticked every box for you over the past 12 months and hope to again in the future. Fingers crossed we see you again next season when the reds are playing.

All the very Best

Amersham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

A venue obviously well respected by local people, a busy bar and restaurant when we were there on a Friday night. Reasonable pub grub with wine not to outrageously priced.

Our room (1) was large but the decoration felt tired and the bed needs replacing seems the springs are broken.

Not really a 5 min "stroll" from metro.

Bizarre breakfast charges! Two poached eggs, slice of toast for this hotel is a "full English" and is charged accordingly. And "continental breakfast" is slice of toast and a spoonful of jam, croissant or brioche afraid not.

Lots of stairs this is probably not for you if you have mobility problems.

Room Tip: Don't go into room 1!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Very comfortable room, great food (especially the soup & the lamb) & excellent service. We stayed with our two year old and enjoyed our stay very much. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope that you had an enjoyable onward journey in Scotland.
We hope to see you again.

Many thanks again.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Very busy with local people.
Spacious , superior room on 1st floor.Comfortable bed, but central heating went off during the night and our room was cold.
The hotel in general is tired and needs refurbishing and decorating.
Cooked english breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
First of all may I apologise for the heating. We had a problem with the boiler on the day you stayed and the heating should had been kept on all night to get the temperature back into the building but this was overlooked and turned off at midnight. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
In regards to the general maintenance, this is an ongoing programme. We updated all our bedrooms in the past 4 years. Two years ago we refurbished the restaurant and last year we fully refurbished the ground floor bar and public toilets. I will be updating our website with pictures in the very near future.
This year I have put a new en-suite in the family room and currently refreshing the cellar bar.
I presume you refer to the public area upstairs outside the bedrooms that is looking a bit tired and this is also getting refreshed slowly over the next few weeks.
The forth bridge springs to mind!
Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards
Garvan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Altrincham Lodge
Altrincham Lodge
#5 of 6 in Altrincham

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!