The Lennox Lea Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$81
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
$77
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden apartmentexecutive roomfull montyowners and stafflovely parkfive minute walklarge bathroomfull englishbreakfast was amazingmanchester airporttram stationovernight staywashing machinelovely hotelquiet areafriendly welcomesmall bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I've stayed at the Lennox Lea on a number of occasions in the last 5 years and it's definitely improved in the last 18 months. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. I always opt for a deluxe single rather than the standard single as they are very small. But it's the friendly owner and staff that make the Lennox Lea, followed closely by the quality of food in the restaurant and atmosphere in the bar. I usually stay there when visiting relatives and when I have tickets for the football (Old Trafford is only a couple of stops on the tram from Sale). I always feel very welcome and don't mind at all being on my own because everyone's so friendly and no request seems too much trouble!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Hi Adele
Many thanks for your kind review. I think you have summed us up very nicely. We are a 'budget friendly' hotel but with a warm & friendly atmosphere with great breakfasts and a cosy & welcoming bar. Our staff make all the difference and the owner, what a lovely chap, he reminds me a bit like Basil Fawlty! Oh no.
All the best Mike (Owner) & Sybil

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I've been going here for years. They keep on coming up with better deals. They are very good value, comfortable - and just a 15 minute trip to Manchester on the trams

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Good Morning
What a nice start to the New Year!
Thanks for your review and glad you liked us.
All the best for 2011 lets hope it's a good one.
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed December 24, 2010

Lennox Lea is certainly the best hotel in and around Manchester area with friendly people maintaining the hotel. It feels like home away from home.You are provided with a good room and a kitchen on good rates and the staff goes the extra mile to make you feel comfortable in their hotel.The staff is very flexible (especially with the bookings).If you book it, you get the guarantee that the booking is confirmed and they have special long stay offers which are really great.Also, the location is perfect.There are many restaurants in which you can find different cuisines and also,this is the best hotel and closest to the Manchester metrolink.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

Hi Priyanka
Thanks so much for your great review. We are so pleased that you found us to be 'a home away from home' That means so much to us. It was a real pleasure looking after you and your colleagues. A Happy New Year to you and lets hope it's a good one.
All the best Mike & Joanna

Reviewed December 4, 2010

This is a well run family hotel which has during the last few years upgraded all it's rooms to a high standard.
It has good parking facilities and is in a quiet area of Sale.
It is located within easy reach of the city of Manchester by the Metro and only a short drive from the airport plus easy access to the motorways.
There are numerous excellent restaurants in the area to cover all tastes.
I have been staying here with my Finnish colleagues for more than 25 years and all agree that it is a rather special place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Good morning MrC
Many thanks for your great review. You deserve the award for putting up with us for so long! Only 25 years!! you must be due for parole soon.
We hope you have a Merry Christmas and we wish you all the best for 2011.
Here's to the next 25 years!
Best regards Mike & Joanna and all our little helpers

Reviewed November 25, 2010

I have stayed in the Lennox Lea 2 nights a week for over a year.
I keep coming back due to the great rates, comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. Its a real pleasure to find somewhere that ticks all the boxes at such competetive rates.
I drive out of my way to use the Lennox Lea and will continue to do so.
A special thanks to the bar staff who feed and water me, more like friends than staff.

Thanks Mike....I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2010

Good Morning Paul
Many thanks for your review. You are a gentleman and a scholar and it's our pleasure to look after you. If all guests were like you Paul the world would be a nicer place.
Best regards Mike,Joanna,Sophie,Joan,Andrew & Helen