“Comfortable, Friendly, & Convenient 2”

The Lennox Lea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, Friendly, & Convenient 2”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Nice comfortable hotel, friendly obliging staff. Conveniently located to a diverse range of good quality local restaurants and with good transport links to both the airport and Manchester city centre.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Thankyou very much for your nice review. We are located in a great area for all transport links to & from Manchester.
We are also within staggering distance of all the local bars & eateries! hic! yet tucked quietly away from 'the madding crowd'
We hope to look after you again when you are in Manchester
Best regards Mike & Joanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
London
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Hotel is just a few minutes from the Sale Metrolink station, it's clean, if a bit dated, but then for £25 a night I can cope with dated!

The receptionist was a little unusual, but helpful enough and polite. Breakfast was good and again, great value.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
muckle1, owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Hi Stu227
Thanks for putting on a nice review.
You had a Budget single, one of our 'Cheap & Cheerful' rooms which are great value but yes some are a little dated, this is why we are able to offer the very best rates on these rooms to our customers. Glad you enjoyed your homemade breakfast. So yummy! and i think possibly the 'Jewel in the crown' along with our friendly & sometimes 'unusual' staff!
Best regards Mike & Joanna
Wales
Reviewed February 25, 2010

As many other reviewers I too don't usually review hotels but I felt for the value for money and how well the staff looked after us, I had to.

I wanted to visit friends with my wife in Manchester and also do some sightseeing around the area. I wanted a hotel that wasn't in the centre of Manchester (mainly for the cost) but less than 20 minutes away using public transport which is exactly what I got. A friend of mine recommended the Lennox Lea for the great location.
I could be from the hotel to the centre of Manchester in approximately 15 minutes using the metro link which was perfect. I also used the metro (and bus) to go to the Trafford centre which I had been recommended to visit by the receptionist. It was a very enjoyable day out and the perfect day for my wife who loves shopping! Again we could be there in approximately 20 minutes.
We stayed for 4 nights and had breakfast everyday which I have to say was one of the best breakfasts I've had. The receptionist was very helpful in giving us directions and suggestions of what activities to do throughout our stay.
Whilst my wife was at the Trafford centre (for the second time!) I went to the gym 10 minutes walk down the road. Amazingly a trip to the gym is included in the price of the hotel room and I even managed to go for a swim! When I got back I managed to send a few emails using the free Wi–Fi in the hotel bar.
I stayed in what seemed a newly updated modern room with a flat screen TV and even an alarm clock with an iPod dock! The room was cleaned daily by a cheerful lady! We ate out with friends every night except one where we decided to give Alexander’s bistro a try (the hotel restaurant). Again I have to say it was one of the best meals I have had.
Great hotel, great location and a great place to stay!
Tim & Angie.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timangie
Morning Timangie.
Looks like we ticked all the right boxes for you.
If only all guests were like you! Thankyou very much for your great review. Glad you had a lovely time in Manchester, it's a wonderful City!
Hope to see you on your next visit. All the best. Basil & Sybil
Leeds
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We rarely take the time to review hotels but after our stay at the Lennox Lea Hotel, we felt we had to. We have visited Manchester on numerous occasions, usually to watch a show or go to the football but with the price of such activities these days we have always opted for a value hotel, and more often than not been disappointed with the stay. We were recommended the Lennox Lea by a work colleague and assured we would not be disappointed. The hotel is in a great location, only 15mins from the centre, but on a quiet, road. We opted for a budget room and that’s exactly what we got, it wasn’t the most modern of rooms but it had everything we needed, it was clean and it gave us a comfortable night’s stay. We were unsure of whether to pay the extra price for the breakfast but thought we’d give it a try and I have to say it was excellent! It is rare to find these days a hotel which serves a proper, home cooked, full English breakfast, it certainly set us up for the day, and I would definitely recommend it. The real credit to this hotel must go to the team of dedicated, hard working staff. They could not have been more helpful and really made us feel welcome. Unfortunately on this visit we were unable to try Alexander’s Bistro, but the menu sounded great and we will certainly make time to try it on our next visit. Thanks again, we really enjoyed our stay and for such a great price, we look forward to seeing you all again soon! Keith and Gill

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
muckle1, owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Morning Keith & Gill
What a lovely review, i think you have summed us up very nicely. We have some 'Cheap & Cheerful' budget rooms which we think for the money, offer exceptional value. They are a little dated and yes some do still have the classic 'Avocado bathroom suites!' this is not by choice but due to lack of funds!! however we let these rooms at a reduced rate to reflect this. We also think they may come back in fashion soon then we can call them 'Retro' ha ha that's a joke(bad). But we also have some lovely Executive & Superior rooms available which for a few pounds more are well worth a look. Thankyou also for your comments on our staff i will put up your kind review for all to see. Best regards and hope to see you soon. Basil
Cheshire
Reviewed January 20, 2010

What an absolute fabulous GEM of a hotel, The room was modern and lovely on-suite bathroom. the bar and bistro attached was great, the food was of high standard.
The hotelier Mike even helped with the car not starting in the morning, with charging the battery and a free coffee while we waited. This anniversary weekend was great my wife was well impressed with me and the hotel chose. The champagne and flowers waiting in the room, done by the hotel was a great finishing touch.
We will be doing the same this year and recommend this hotel to anyone, very pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
muckle1, owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Good Morning
Many thanks for your lovely review. It's great to here that you enjoyed your special weekend at the lennox Lea and glad that the little touches did the trick. We look forward to seeing you next year. All the best Mike & Joanna.
Mallorca
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Lennox Lea Hotel
This private family run Hotel advertises itself as a “Budget Friendly” hotel not to be beaten on price.

As a former International Quality Assurance specialist/author I ask, ‘What are the
indicators of a good hotel?’
While I have stayed at many hotels (my preference good B&B’s) throughout the UK over the years, the intimacy of this Award winning hotel makes it the best hotel for me.

People vote with their feet! Suffice to say on my last visit I met a local television personality, an overseas football agent visiting a “Big” Manchester Club and 12 former senior officers of the Local Authority and of course the typical mobile Training Manager en route.

Or is a hotel only as good as its staff? Several of the staff have worked there for 20 years and each member was able to assist me in any matter I raised with them.
To the Epicurean, well, Alexandrer’s Bistro and where excellence is paramount, try it out for yourself and tell me if I am wrong.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
muckle1, owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2009
Now that is a man who Knows what he is talking about! and who are we to disagree? Many many thanks for your review it's great to get such a nice review particularly from a quality assurance specialist! i like it,'The lennox Lea Hotel specialising in quality assurance at all times'! Gerry we wish you and your family a very Merry Xmas & peaceful New Year from Mike & Joanna & hope to see you again in 2010.
cheltenham
Reviewed December 20, 2009

As someone who regularly travels with work and stays @ numerous chain hotels this was a delight to find!! What you really want when your away from home is somewhere friendly, easy to access and with good food and some atmosphere. The Lennox Lea ticks all the boxes, bags of character, friendly staff and the food is pretty good. Mike on reception is a character ( larger than life!!) My room wasn't the biggest but clean and well presented and the breakfast was spot on. All in all a great find!

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Ho Ho Ho! What do you mean 'larger than life' I haven't even started on the mince pies yet!!
A very Merry Xmas to you & your family & thankyou for your lovely review. All the best to all our guests for a peaceful & prosperous New Year. Mike & Joanna & all the mince pies.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Belmore Hotel
#5 of 8 in Sale
Didsbury House
#8 of 116 in Manchester
Didsbury
Eleven Didsbury Park
Eleven Didsbury Park
#4 of 116 in Manchester

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!