The Lennox Lea Hotel
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden apartmentexecutive roomfull montyowners and stafflovely parkfive minute walklarge bathroomfull englishbreakfast was amazingmanchester airporttram stationovernight staywashing machinelovely hotelquiet areafriendly welcomesmall bar
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Adequate is probably the best way I can describe this hotel.

I always want to give independent places the benefit of the doubt, as I appreciate it is hard to compete with the economies of scale that the likes of Premier Inn and Travelodge enjoy.

My colleague and I stayed for one night whilst travelling for work.

So, the positives- we enjoyed the bar meal we had in the evening- it was clearly freshly cooked and a good portion. The outside of the building is very pretty, and it was a very handy location for our meeting the next day.

The not so good... the walls are pretty thin, so if your neighbours are inconsiderate, be prepared for disturbed sleep. The hotel is very dated, which is not a deal-breaker, but if you are after a boutique hotel this is not it. My colleagues room was cold, even after turning up the radiator. Your choice of wine is red, white (and possibly rose).

I have to say that value for money is fair, but I can't say its good. Plenty of chains are cheaper than staying here.

The people were very nice, which is a big plus, but I struggle to see how this place could be seen as 'excellent'.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Good morning SCSurrey,
We do really appreciate your review even though you have only given us adequate! (This time)
I think we ticked quite a few of the good boxes but unfortunately not all.
We have got some lovely rooms & some of our more dated ones we sell as budget rooms & sell at the discounted market rates. Our plan is to bring them all up to a really high standard, build more apartments which have proved very successful, unfortunately this takes time & lots of money, something which we don't have in abundance!
We have a refurbishment program planned for 2014/15 & we are very excited about it, there will be big changes for the better. I do hope you will give us another try next time you are in Manchester?
Our very best regards & many thanks for your constructive remarks.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My sister and I recently traveled from Canada to visit my aunt and needed a hotel to stay .
We checked out many hotels in the area and decided to stay at the Lennox Lea Hotel.
I am so pleased that we did ,as the service and friendliness of the owners and staff was fantastic.
The rooms are very clean and well appointed, the whole appearance of the hotel is well maintained and welcoming.
No matter what you asked for , nothing was too much trouble
The breakfast was cooked to order and delicious.
We will certainly come back and stay and would highly recommend this hotel

Simone, Canada

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Good morning Mon1950,
It was a real pleasure looking after you. Thank you for your lovely review.
All the best Mike & Joanna

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I needed long term accommodation (4 nights per week for 3 months) so we put a lot of effort into looking at rooms around South Manchester. One viewing of the "Garden Apartment" convinced us it would be perfect for us. Spotless, Spacious and Excellently equipped.
What we didn't know and couldn't have known was how friendly and helpful everyone who works here was going to be. Nothing is too much trouble and everyone bends over backwards to make you feel as if your special.In fact I believe they do believe everyone is special.
We even got a small Xmas tree in our room for the lead up to the Festive Period.
As I've lived in Manchester all my life I can't believe there is a hotel better positioned to access all that the City has to offer. Easy access via the Metro to the City Centre and Sporting Stadiums but sited in a quiet suburban area.
Will definitely be back later in 2014 and thanks again, in advance, to Mike, Joanna and all the staff

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Stewart W,
We love your review so much. You have made us all very happy here, and so pleased you love the apartment.
It has been a real pleasure looking after you both.
All the best for a peaceful & relaxing 2014 (well from March anyway)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We booked two rooms here on the 21/12/2013,my daughter and friend were going to see a band in Manchester and we wanted somewhere close,but not in the center.We booked a triple and double room,both of which were fabulous,the rooms were spotless as were the bathrooms,in fact I have never seen a cleaner bathroom ever!!! the rooms had plenty of storage/hanging space and the hospitality trays were overflowing with milk,tea,coffee etc a rarity in my experience.The owners and staff were fantastic,nothing was too much trouble and provided valuable information about the local vicinity,bars ,restaurants and taxis..Breakfast was the best I have ever had anywhere too,the quality of everything was first class with a really varied and personalised menu on offer,and as for the staff that served it,all i can say is the owners should be very proud of them,they went above and beyond the call of duty for us!! All in all a fantastic place that goes the extra mile with lots of little extras that really really made that difference between mediocre and outstanding!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Suew5,
It was a real pleasure looking after you & thank you so much for your review!
All the best for a great 2014.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks whilst attending a course in Sale . It was without doubt the best value hotel I have ever stayed in . The staff were very friendly and helpful .Being a single woman I preferred to eat in my room and the owner gave me lots of advice about local eateries and take- away establishments . He was so nice that when I had a curry take away he provided me with cutlery and china to ensure I enjoyed my food . The breakfast are LEGEND! Full English not for the faint hearted. .The staff were very flexible and they would bend over backwards to make sure you had what you wanted . My room was a small single ,very clean ,good quality bedding ,good tele with most channels . Perfect for my 2 week stay . Plenty of free, safe parking. I would have no hesitation in recommending the lovely friendly family run hotel . Thanks for a great stay .

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been renovated and looked very nice . I had one of the older single rooms at the front (not noisy as Hotel is on a quiet road ) but I was more than happy with it and the price I paid for it including the breakfast .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Good morning Jane P,
The best bit about this review is where you say about the owner 'being so nice!' That's me!!
Yippee do, you have made us all so happy with your brilliant review. We loved the bit about our 'Legend' breakfasts aswell.
If only all the customers were like you!!
Have a very Merry Christmas & peaceful New Year.
Mike & Joanna & all the little helpers