“Adequate...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lennox Lea Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Surrey
“Adequate...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Adequate is probably the best way I can describe this hotel.

I always want to give independent places the benefit of the doubt, as I appreciate it is hard to compete with the economies of scale that the likes of Premier Inn and Travelodge enjoy.

My colleague and I stayed for one night whilst travelling for work.

So, the positives- we enjoyed the bar meal we had in the evening- it was clearly freshly cooked and a good portion. The outside of the building is very pretty, and it was a very handy location for our meeting the next day.

The not so good... the walls are pretty thin, so if your neighbours are inconsiderate, be prepared for disturbed sleep. The hotel is very dated, which is not a deal-breaker, but if you are after a boutique hotel this is not it. My colleagues room was cold, even after turning up the radiator. Your choice of wine is red, white (and possibly rose).

I have to say that value for money is fair, but I can't say its good. Plenty of chains are cheaper than staying here.

The people were very nice, which is a big plus, but I struggle to see how this place could be seen as 'excellent'.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Good morning SCSurrey,
We do really appreciate your review even though you have only given us adequate! (This time)
I think we ticked quite a few of the good boxes but unfortunately not all.
We have got some lovely rooms & some of our more dated ones we sell as budget rooms & sell at the discounted market rates. Our plan is to bring them all up to a really high standard, build more apartments which have proved very successful, unfortunately this takes time & lots of money, something which we don't have in abundance!
We have a refurbishment program planned for 2014/15 & we are very excited about it, there will be big changes for the better. I do hope you will give us another try next time you are in Manchester?
Our very best regards & many thanks for your constructive remarks.
Mike & Joanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My sister and I recently traveled from Canada to visit my aunt and needed a hotel to stay .
We checked out many hotels in the area and decided to stay at the Lennox Lea Hotel.
I am so pleased that we did ,as the service and friendliness of the owners and staff was fantastic.
The rooms are very clean and well appointed, the whole appearance of the hotel is well maintained and welcoming.
No matter what you asked for , nothing was too much trouble
The breakfast was cooked to order and delicious.
We will certainly come back and stay and would highly recommend this hotel

Simone, Canada

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Good morning Mon1950,
It was a real pleasure looking after you. Thank you for your lovely review.
All the best Mike & Joanna
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I needed long term accommodation (4 nights per week for 3 months) so we put a lot of effort into looking at rooms around South Manchester. One viewing of the "Garden Apartment" convinced us it would be perfect for us. Spotless, Spacious and Excellently equipped.
What we didn't know and couldn't have known was how friendly and helpful everyone who works here was going to be. Nothing is too much trouble and everyone bends over backwards to make you feel as if your special.In fact I believe they do believe everyone is special.
We even got a small Xmas tree in our room for the lead up to the Festive Period.
As I've lived in Manchester all my life I can't believe there is a hotel better positioned to access all that the City has to offer. Easy access via the Metro to the City Centre and Sporting Stadiums but sited in a quiet suburban area.
Will definitely be back later in 2014 and thanks again, in advance, to Mike, Joanna and all the staff

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Stewart W,
We love your review so much. You have made us all very happy here, and so pleased you love the apartment.
It has been a real pleasure looking after you both.
All the best for a peaceful & relaxing 2014 (well from March anyway)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We booked two rooms here on the 21/12/2013,my daughter and friend were going to see a band in Manchester and we wanted somewhere close,but not in the center.We booked a triple and double room,both of which were fabulous,the rooms were spotless as were the bathrooms,in fact I have never seen a cleaner bathroom ever!!! the rooms had plenty of storage/hanging space and the hospitality trays were overflowing with milk,tea,coffee etc a rarity in my experience.The owners and staff were fantastic,nothing was too much trouble and provided valuable information about the local vicinity,bars ,restaurants and taxis..Breakfast was the best I have ever had anywhere too,the quality of everything was first class with a really varied and personalised menu on offer,and as for the staff that served it,all i can say is the owners should be very proud of them,they went above and beyond the call of duty for us!! All in all a fantastic place that goes the extra mile with lots of little extras that really really made that difference between mediocre and outstanding!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Suew5,
It was a real pleasure looking after you & thank you so much for your review!
All the best for a great 2014.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks whilst attending a course in Sale . It was without doubt the best value hotel I have ever stayed in . The staff were very friendly and helpful .Being a single woman I preferred to eat in my room and the owner gave me lots of advice about local eateries and take- away establishments . He was so nice that when I had a curry take away he provided me with cutlery and china to ensure I enjoyed my food . The breakfast are LEGEND! Full English not for the faint hearted. .The staff were very flexible and they would bend over backwards to make sure you had what you wanted . My room was a small single ,very clean ,good quality bedding ,good tele with most channels . Perfect for my 2 week stay . Plenty of free, safe parking. I would have no hesitation in recommending the lovely friendly family run hotel . Thanks for a great stay .

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been renovated and looked very nice . I had one of the older single rooms at...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Good morning Jane P,
The best bit about this review is where you say about the owner 'being so nice!' That's me!!
Yippee do, you have made us all so happy with your brilliant review. We loved the bit about our 'Legend' breakfasts aswell.
If only all the customers were like you!!
Have a very Merry Christmas & peaceful New Year.
Mike & Joanna & all the little helpers
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Having previously stayed at the Lennox Lea Hotel on business, I was confident that the hotel would welcome myself and my mum on a short break to Manchester......and we were not dissapointed! From the moment we arrived, Mike, Joanna and the staff did everything they could to make the trip special.
I had booked a Superior room, but on arrival I was offered the new "Garden Apartment", which is absolutely fabulous! The beautifully renovated apartment is on the groung floor. It's very spacious, stylish, clean and comfortable....and feels very private. You really wouldn't think you were in the middle of Sale, as it's so peaceful!
To top off the evening theatre trip to the Royal Exchange, I booked a chauffeur driven Bentley (driven by Mike) into the City, to start the evening off with some class!! Mike was prompt, attentive, stylish and extremely professional. It made the whole weekend for my mum and myself very special!
The following morning, we went to the restaurant for breakfast, which was beautifully cooked and served by very friendly waitresses.
Thanks to all the staff, who made the weekend very welcoming and relaxing for my mum.As my mum later described........."When you arrive, it's like the hotel gives you a big hug!"
We'll definately be booking the garden apartment again.......Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Always choose one of the bigger rooms, if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Merukili,
Wowza what a fantastic review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your pre Christmas break & the Chauffeur driven Bentley to the Theatre. I think I enjoyed just as much as you.
Hope you two have a very merry Christmas & wish you all the best for a peaceful new year.
All the very best Parker (your personal Chauffeur)
PS Don't forget for next time, from only £50 I can take you in the Bentley for any trip within a 5 mile radius from the Hotel! ( Airport, Theatre, Old Trafford, Etihad stadium, Phones4u Arena, Trafford Centre etc)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

It has been almost two months I had returned from UK and it has been at the back of my head that I want to write this review.
Firstly,
1. Very budget friendly hotel. Worth every dime spend and you simply just can't beat their price and will be surprised by the neat quality you get for the money.
2. It's in a very quiet place and ideal for travelers like me who like to work in a peaceful environment.
3. That doesn't mean that you don't have places to go. The Sale center is just walking distance from the hotel, the Sale tram/railway station is walking distance from the hotel and connectivity to other places is easy.
4. The owners/staff who run the hotel are localites. So, they know the place, whereabouts in detail and give you good advice. Very helping and friendly staff. Gives you a warm feeling being around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hi Spatik,
Thank you so much for your review. It really made us happy.
Look forward to seeing you next year.
Best regards & all the best for a merry Christmas.
Mike & Joanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#8 of 115 in Manchester
BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!