“Excellent stay at the Lennox Lea”

The Lennox Lea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed November 25, 2007

We visited the Lennox Lea in April and September 2007 and had a great time! Definitely worth the extra to stay in the executive rooms. Good spacious rooms, nice en-suite (see photo), all the usual facilities, sky tv, tea/coffee with loads of biscuits! First hotel I've stayed at to think of including an iPod dock in the room - what a great idea! Tasteful decor too!

We ate in the restaurant called Alexander's which is brilliant but popular with locals so advisable to book. Excellent food and reasonable price, especially on the 'early' menu. Try the garlic mushrooms with stilton to start or the giant mussels - exceptional!

Breakfast is also brilliant - proper cooked breakfast with all the trimmings, loads of choice on the menu. All served by welcoming staff who make you feel like you're right at home.

We will definitely be returning to the Lennox Lea when we next visit Manchester. Cheaper than staying in the city centre, not as busy and only 10 mins away by tram.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2007

Recently we have made a trip to the UK and we stayed at the Lennox Lea Hotel for three nights.
We had a room at the top of the hotel. The first impression was not very good and it became even worse.
The room was small and dated and the bathroom was a relic from the early eighties and also very small.
When I wanted to brush my teeth I discovered that the glasses where dirty. Later on I found several long hairs. The room was not very clean altogether.
Breakfast was okay, but for us a bit too greasy and abundant. The breakfastroom was in the basement and although it looked reasonably nice, we didn't like it. Because of the lack of daylight it was rather dreary.
The one thing that we appreciated was the friendly staff.

Overall, we were sorry that we booked this hotel and even considered leaving early. We absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Siepie
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Such a shame, lovely victorian house but in need of much improvement and updating. The bedroom was very dated and did not have a clean feel, the bedding did not look fresh and the shower room was minute and not inviting at all. I was so disappointed as the website showed refurbished rooms and did not resemble ours at all. The food was ok but only just. I really cannot say we enjoyed it. It was all so very disappointing. Would not wish to stay again I am very sorry to say.

Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank kateen
Reviewed May 14, 2007

The Lennox Lea is just a few train stops outside of Manchester in the quaint town of Sale. It is a five minute walk to the station and a ten minute trip into downtown Manchester and trains that seemed to leave several times an hour. For convenience without the chaos of Manchester, it is a good place to stay.

Breakfasts are pretty good and the omlets are definitely worth a try. The staff were freindly and accomodating. We did not stay in one of the newly remodled rooms we reserved due to a change in our travel schedule, but they did look quite nice. Our older adjoining twin rooms were still fine and a good choice if one of your party tends to snore!

There is ample parking but we just used public transportation during our stay in Manchester. Don't skip the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry for a pleasant trip into the past.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAHurt
Reviewed May 9, 2007

The hotel was recommended on the basis of it's restaurant, which I understand is very good. We were there for a family party and from the moment we arrived we had a strange unnerving feeling that we had stepped into Fawlty Towers.

Whilst the staff tried their best to accommodate us, the service was just not good enough and so many points let them down that they are too numerous to mention.

We stayed in room 15 which had three cupboards - one was the toilet - one was the shower/sink - the third was an actual cupboard but not one big enough to hang anything in. The bed was dirty and the covers had cigarette holes in it.

Breakfast was apparently very good, but with the hotel full and the breakfast chef on holiday it took some time to get served - i didn't bother as the dinner didn't settle the night before and I was well acquainted with the workings of the toilet cupboard by dawn.

One good point - free wi-fi (probably unintentional!)

Would not recommed but on reading the other reviews I am wondering it was the same hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007
6  Thank Yartez
Reviewed April 14, 2007

Found this hotel on a website and then followed links to their website. Located in Sale, just outside Manchester. Easy to find with good links to motorway network. Hotel in quiet residential area so no traffic noise. Short walk to the tram stop at Sale, with links into Manchester. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Large room with huge bathroom! Tea and coffee tray best I've seen in terms of quantity. Was very impressed with how clean the hotel was. I did not have evening meal, but menu looked really nice and the restaurant was clearly popular with locals. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. Wide choice of cooked breakfast, all freshly made so really nice. Excellent value for money and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel or staying there myself in the future.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank hoops61
Reviewed April 4, 2007

I am an occasional business traveller who had to go up to Manchester at short notice, initially for one night, and then had to stay a further night.

I prefer hotels that are not city centre hotel chains as I am looking for places where the service is personal, and you get better value for money. Lennox Lea Hotel fits the bill perfectly. It is quiet, the rooms are clean, and the food in the resturant is excellent. The first night I stayed in was room no. 12 with a small shower ensuite which was functional, but comfortable. I found all the staff extremley friendly, and was relieved that they were able to squeeze me in for another evening at short notice where I stayed in a much larger double room (No.25) which had a spacious en suite bathroom. One minor comment I would make would be to have shower gel provided in the bathroom. There was only soap, and shampoo.

I liked the Hotel so much that I have already booked a night for next week when I am back up in Manchester. This hotel will be my first choice going forward when I am in the area, or If I cannot get a room to stay at the hotel, I will hopefully be able to eat there.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank MOODYBLUES
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Belmore Hotel
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#3 of 120 in Manchester

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!