Amblehurst Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsnew carpetsmall tvquiet nightdressing tablefantastic valuelovely roomfree parkingrear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

If your looking for - thread bare carpets - broken fittings - stained sheets - strange smells- running cold water - talking shouts screams laughter crashes and bangs on the hour throughout the night then this is the place for you.
I have a few people i know and hate and i shall be reccomending this place to them.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank paulnjanice
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The employees were friendly, but I din't pay for that. There was NO hot water for two days, the rooms were noisy, doors slammed all night, there is no elevator, so to get to the 2nd floor I had to drag my bags up two flights and through two glass doors. The bed was too short (I am 5'-11").

They said they would credit me 10% for the lack of hot water, but when I got home to the USA, my VISA showed a full charge. If it had not been for two major events booking all hotels in Manchester, I would never have even considered this hole. Terrible.

Breakfast? Bad coffee and toast.

Room Tip: nothing - sorry - stay away
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Like2Share
Reviewed October 12, 2013

WOW where do I start?!!!should have started by reading some reviews,we live and learn,this has got to be THE worst place we have ever stayed in....firstly catalogue of problems started when I tried to book through hotels own website,tariff clearly says £65.00 for double room Inclusive of full english b/fast,when I tried to book got directed to a booking site(infotel)which had price as £65.00 room only,b/fast was £9.95 per person extra...so I rang hotel and was told the very best they could offer was £70.00 all in so I agreed to this.(so wish I had not).we arrived at 3 45 pm but had to be at old trafford for 5 pm so no time to really check out the room just dropped bags and went out,only when we got back at 9 45 pm did we start our disaster of a night...room 105...sash windows that dont stay up,no other form of ventilation in the room,big black cobwebs up the window frames,massive archaic tele that did not work properly,was not recieving a signal till I managed to reboot digibox.bathroom looked really nice and reasonably new(ish)..except for the smashed heated old towel rail hanging off the wall not even wired up,looked older than me !!!shower looked like it would have been lovely if only it had some hot water.....did run for long time as advised...still no luck.so waited till morning for the same problem..breakfast was perfectly acceptable once you got over the extremely flustered waitress who we felt sorry for,as her waiter colleague was just interested in being outside having a smoke..seems trivial to finish with but all literiture in room was severly outdated by at least 2 years...when telling receptionist our experiences on leaving was told that we had had one of their ''premier''roomsand she could not do anything about any kind of discount and I should just e/mail manager,this I did 2 times so far...low and behold am still waiting for a response.please trust all the reviews you read here and simply AVOID AVOID AVOID.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gary w
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just spent a night in the worst hotel I have ever been in. No hot water or heat, lose taps , decor (??) , bar closed 'due to issues' ?? The place is completey run down , not so much 'fawlty towers' as 'faulty towers'! Radiators leaks, tv problems , we had two rooms (both as bad), overheard other residents complaining, wanting rooms changed etc. Staff obviously just expect complaints , we got a small refund for no hot water.

Sale is a nice place but this hotel is to be avoided .

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel !!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank James M
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was the most chintziest (if thats a word) knock back from the 1980's. OH DEAR! £60 for the room with a bed the size of a postage stamp, handles missing off the wardrobe, cold shower, no bath towels only hand towels and a TV that need binoculars to be seen from the bed. Awful, awful, awful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple