“Very Popular With Dog Walkers / Cyclists”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jackson's Boat

Jackson's Boat
Ranked #37 of 118 Restaurants in Sale
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sale, United Kingdom
“Very Popular With Dog Walkers / Cyclists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The pub is on the River Mersey between Chorlton and Sale. There is a huge outdoor seating area where most people tend to sit while their kids play in the garden.
The meals here are reasonable and they have a good range of beers etc including cask ales.
It's quiet during the week and can be very busy at weekend.
Very popular with locals.

Visited March 2014
JacksonsBoat, General Manager at Jackson's Boat, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks for your comments.

Sale, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dog walker and Mother”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I think this place is amazing for the most of Modern families the kid the dog a bite to eat and a cheeky glass of vino if you fancy it !! Dogs are only permitted in certain areas and each time i have been in I have seen the staff enforce it. The food is really quite good never had a complaint and must say a very extensive menu for a pub the new yorker burger is a must have according to my children. I do agree with the previous comment sunny days/staffing is a must i did wait a while to be served and was told an hour wait for food ours came in 40 minutes so well done guys ,Yes the toilets do tend to whiff but As a resident along the banks of the mersey i am fully aware of this problem we have no drainage we rely on septic tanks and sometimes its not so pleasant in my home let alone in a pub catering for lots of loo users. and i have noticed air freshners in the toilets so they are trying

1 Thank louisa561
Thanks for your comments and I'm gald you like our food. In the past week or so we have had an issue with the toilets which is now fixed. We're also doing some works to both the ladies and gents which should improve matters further.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pub For All”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Pub in ideal scenic location been a few time for a drink when out cycling with friends, been for lunch when out walking the dog with my wife and grandchildren. Had quiet dinner there midweek.
Yes the pub does get rammed when the sun comes out and if you try to order food I find they are always honest on how long you will expect to wait, the food does tend to come a bit quicker than informed which is good but covers the pub I suppose from complaints. Always found the food to be of a good pub standard never had a bad meal. Could possibly do with checking weather forecast and having a couple more people behind the bar when the sun is predicted.
One complaint from my wife is the ladies toilets need a revamp she has mentioned a few times how they smell and no locks on the cubicle doors and that is coming from a nurse who is used to foul smells during her working day.

2 Thank Stuart S
JacksonsBoat, General Manager at Jackson's Boat, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the comments. We do get very busy when the sun comes out. We do our best to get staff levels right and do check the weather very, very, very often. Unfortunately weather forecasts in this country just don't seem to be that accurate.

Fair comment about the toilets needing a revamp. We're in the process of doing work to both the ladies and the gents which should greatly improve the situation.
Bolton
“Really gone down hill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Haven't eaten here in a while but boy I don't remember the food being this bad. Love what it's trying to be; dog area for walkers, play area for kids, bike racks but main pub needs to shake itself out and update.

JacksonsBoat, General Manager at Jackson's Boat, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about us. I'm glad you like what we're trying to do but it's not great that you didn't like our food.

We do serve a lot of food and I believe that the vast majority of our customers are happy with what we serve. However I'd be the first to admit we don't always get it right but when we don't we do always try and put the problem right.

So we can try and improve or service it would be great it you could provide us with a few more details of your visit. When did you visit, what did you order and did you bring the problem to our attention at the time. Our email address is hello@jacksonsboat.co.uk. Thanks in advance.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dog's bum on the tables”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a pub knee deep in dogs. It is just a short walk through the fields for dog walkers who like a drink. 20 dogs in the beer garden when we were there and dogs on the tables. YUK, We risked sunday lunch, which was mediocre, and the beer was cloudy. We complained to the waiter, but he wasn't interested.

They obviously see the doggy customers as important for trade as they even sell "Dog Beer" and doggie treats. I am not kidding, the beer really is for dogs.

• Visited March 2014
JacksonsBoat, General Manager at Jackson's Boat, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are a dog friendly pub. We welcome dogs and their owners in sections of the pub and the beer garden. We ask that they are on a lead and kept off the furniture and we do enforce these rules.

I'm sorry that you felt we didn't take your complaint seriously. I would be grateful if you would drop me a quick email (hello@jacksonsboat.co.uk) let me know the date and time of your visit; and where you sat and I will look into this further.