“Excellent food as usual” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Ranked #23 of 118 Restaurants in Sale
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Thank you La Maison for an excellent meal last night. The starters were fantastic, I had the mushroom, bacon and Brie pie which was delicious. The honey glazed duck was so tender and full of flavour. It had been cooked just perfectly with a bit of pink in the middle.

My brother who had never been to Manchester before very much enjoyed his sirloin steak.

This was my 5th time to La Maison and it didn't disappoint.

PeterSaleMoor, Owner at La Maison, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hi Cristiano, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We really appreciate all your detailed comments of your experience on our food and service and I'm very happy to see you've enjoyed visiting us on many occasions. I hope you will be visiting us again soon.
Best Regards,Peter and Branko

Leeds
“A nice small restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I are in Manchester to visit our daughter and we chose La Maison after looking at the reviews and we were not disappointed.This was one of the best restaurant meals I have had in the last 2-3 years.We started with Goat Cheese on toasted brioche and beet root salad,fish cake for my wifethen we had Braised beef(Le Bourguignon-so tender) and Chicken Chasseur.
The food was lovely and well presented.
The service was amazing.
Thank you La Maison,it was a great night

PeterSaleMoor, Manager at La Maison, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Steve and Gille, What a lovely review which we thank you for very much. Nice to hear that you appreciate our efforts. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Best Regards,Branko
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Thank you La Maison in Sale for another great meal last Saturday night. We celebrated my husbands 50th birthday, along with 12 of our friends & family. Food was good quality, hot & delivered to the table with a smile! Nothing was too much trouble. This place is a great asset to Sale Moor Village. We will be back.......

1 Thank Helen P
PeterSaleMoor, Owner at La Maison, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hi Helen, Thanks so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your visit with your family and we look forward to seeing you all soon. Thanks. Peter and Karina
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“What's a vegetarian?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went to La Maison for Sunday lunch with my family. We hadn't booked a table and they were very busy so we had to wait which was fine. Whilst waiting we weren't so much as asked if we would like to order any drinks whilst we waited.
Once seated we noticed that there was no vegetarian options on the menu (2 vegetarians in our party) so asked if we could have the chef make something up or just have the veg and potatoes from the Sunday roast. This appeared to be a massive problem to the waiting staff who then went on to say there was one started on the menu which was vegetarian and we could have that as a main course. This was mushrooms on toast! This was just not acceptable! We had to order here as we where on a time limit and did not have time to go elsewhere. once everyone had finished their drinks we were not even asked if we would like any more.
The food wasn't even very nice and we all felt disappointed. I always like to go to local restaurants and support them but this is not one I would ever go back to.
I would suggest if you are anyone in your group is a vegetarian then avoid at all costs.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arya123_11
PeterSaleMoor, Owner at La Maison, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We're so sorry you did not like the vegetarian option(Toasted Brioche with fricassee of mushrooms), i can only guess you came at lunch, it is always worth asking our staff as the chefs are very willing to give more options. In the evening we have 4 vegetarian main courses, plenty of fish and many more vegetarian starters, I hope you'll give us another chance.
Sorry that you don't eat fish and seafood (Traditional Prawn cocktail, or Pan fried Scottish Salmon served with cherry tomatoes, spinach on a bed of risotto con verdure)
Kind Regards,Peter
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable but quiet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to this restaurant on Saturday at around 7pm. Just went in, on an off chance, as been wanting to go for a while, but just never got around to it.

When we arrived, wasn't sure if it was shut or not, because we were the only people in there. We thought never mind, must just be a quiet night.

waiter came over & was friendly/chatty & made us feel quite at ease. We both ordered off the specials board & we weren't disappointed.

I had the lamb chops & my wife the Beef Bourguinon. I must admit, it was a little pricey but the chops were absolutely delicious & the portion size was really quite generous.

For dessert we had the crepe suzette & the tart au citron. Both really delicious & cant wait to go back again & try out something different on the menu.

The whole time we were there, only 1 more table of 3 came in, but in all honesty, i didn't mind having a quiet meal. Would like to go back when it was busier, to see if the service & attentiveness was still as good.

A little pricey, but then again we did order off the specials board. Will definitely be returning & soon hopefully.

• Visited June 2014
PeterSaleMoor, Owner at La Maison, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hi,What a lovely review which we thank you for very much. Nice to hear that you appreciate our efforts. We look forward to seeing you soon.Peter