“The snob in me very nearly didnt go in - Im so glad I did”
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Ranked #23 of 119 Restaurants in Sale
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

What a hidden gem this is. I found it on trip advisor and thought we'd give it a go. However, the no frills exterior and glance inside nearly put me off (I am ashamed to say it, I am a snob). I am so glad we went it. The waitress immediately clocked I was pregnant and gave us a little extra room for bump at the table and promptly told the chef of my "condition" and to avoid any unpasteuirised cheeses etc that I couldnt eat. I enjoyed a selection of Tapas dishes and my partner went the steak. Everything was fabulous. I like to think we have eaten in some pretty fine restaurants and the food was ealisy to our standard here. Only niggle I had was the lack of vegetarian dishes but then this is a frequent issue most places. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Niki W

Reviewed March 2, 2014

ill keep it brief.. well cooked food and great service from people that care about what they do. no chain prefabricated prison food here. please everyone give these people your money in exchange for food that you will enjoy the chains get enough of the share somehow even though the majority pedal garbage on plates.

if you all try it once then it well be around to enjoy for a long time to come!!!!

1  Thank frankcapra
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Went here for the first time this weekend. They had a special Valentine's menu which was slightly more expensive than their regular menu. Even so, it was still reasonably priced. The food was really nice and the staff were friendly. Couldn't ask for much more. Would recommend.

2  Thank Osei
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went here with my husband for the first time on a Saturday. Nice interior and great service (Franco?), menus and offers are a bit confusing. Food was good except that we both found our main courses over salted, although still pretty good. Apple pie was exceptional. We will definitely try this restaurant again but if the chef does usually like to use a lot of salt then we probably wouldn't go again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I walked past this restaurant many times and never went in. One day my partner and I decided to give it a try, and we were blown away! The prices were extremely reasonable, the house red was lovely and the food was cooked to perfection. It was lovely and I have returned a few times. The man who served us was very friendly and efficient and it looks like a very cute family run business.

2  Thank AmyHoliday