“Pleasantly surprised”

Dining options: Reservations
London
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I wasn't too hopeful upon entering the restaurant, it looked like a cafe, had terrible music wailing way to loud, waited for quite a while to be knowledged (let alone be seated) and then shown to a table with a paper table mat by a grumpy looking waiter and told we would have to share menus, but was pleasantly surprised.

The food was quite good although it did take an absolute age for the mains to arrive. It seemed the whole restaurant sat without any sort of food on their table for at least an hour. Drinks came quicker which subdued the patrons and the rest of the waiters were friendly and jovial which lightened the mood.

We were offered complimentary aperitifs to apologise for the wait which was a nice touch.

We had been warned by friends to check our bill which we did and had to send it back twice before actually getting the right one. I'm not sure what the other options are like in Sale but if I were stuck for a restaurant and wasn't in a rush I would probably return to Da Vinci's.

Gluten/Celiac friendly.

• Visited September 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Vegetarians Beware!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We decided to visit this restaurant rather than the usual Italian we go to in Sale as it was a special occasion. The food was very average and over-priced and we found the restaurant and staff to be quite pretentious. To top it off I ordered a Vegetarian Calzone Pizza and to my horror half way through I found it to be half filled with pepperoni!! I asked the waiter to take it away and explained what I’d found and he took it away to the kitchen. However he did not return with an offer of a replacement or even an apology he just left us sat there. About 10 minutes after my partner had finished his meal (which again was very average) we found the waiter and asked for the bill. Again no apology, no offer of a complimentary drink and to add insult to injury they had charged us for the offending item. At this point we’d had enough and we paid and left. We’ll be sticking to our usual Italian Restaurant next door in future. We would not go back here and would definitely not recommend especially if you are a vegetarian like me!

Visited April 2012
Roxboro, North Carolina
“Felt uncomfortable.”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

After a long day exploring Manchester we walked here from our hotel for dinner feeling tired and hungry. The staff seemed very snooty and we did not feel very comfortable. My husband and kids ordered pizza and were very disappointed with what they got. I had the steak which was okay.

Visited March 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Italian food outside of Italy!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The staff are fantastic, lunch/Early Bird Menu are amazing value for money. On this last visit I dined from the A La Carte, Gamberoni to stary followed by the Penne Da Vinci, absolutly fantastic. My partner had the Garlic Bread to start and then Penne Putenesca, which she found completely satisfying.
Will be back before too long :)

• Visited January 2012
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Perfect place should be awarded! Shame they cut the menu back but alway a regular!