“The best short vacation at Mosaic”
Review of Mosaic

Mosaic
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I've stayed at Mosaic for 2 nights August 25-26 with my boys and we had such a good time! It's my first review ever.
Beside that Blue Mountain resort has a lot of stuff to offer for entertainment all year round I want to thank you AMAZING people who work at Mosaic: reception desk,cleaners,management! You feel there welcomed and right at home. I happened to be there without car but I didn't really need it : I used a shuttle bus to go to beach ,to drop-off kids at camp,pick them up-no problem.
Location is perfect: far from noise and close enought to walk everywhere. Bed is nice and comfy,kitchen is well equiped,pool is open till 11p.m with towel service.Maid service is the best I ever experienced. We loved everything in our room 417. My kids were so happy -they didn't want to leave and made me to promiss that we'll be back in winter. I almost spoiled my mini vacation by leaving new GPS in the room and I've realized it only when I came home . I called front desk and they found it and will figure it out tomorrow how to ship it at my address. Another nice thing I've experienced there was they didn't charged me for late check out. I've had to extend my stay for extra night because my friends couldn't give us a ride home as we initially planned ,but then circumstances have changed and they managed to come around 4 p.m and when I went to check out, I was able to cancell that extra night without any penalty. For me that a sufficient saving!
Thank you everyone for your help,smile,courtesy and kindness!
The only thing I regret that our stay was so short!
Will definitely be back !

2  Thank selenga
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Mosaic, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Dear Selenga,

Wow, this is such a nice review, thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide this wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. On behalf of all of our associates, I’d like to thank you for recognizing the amazing work they do and the passion they embrace to ensure each guest takes away a great memory, just like you have. The Mosaic hotel offers great location, year round recreational facilities and yes, you don’t need to have a vehicle to enjoy all the resort has to offer. You can walk to just about anywhere and if walking isn’t an option our convenient shuttle service can get you to where you want to go. We are pleased to hear our lost and found system worked well for you and trust your GPS is safely back in your possession, it’s a definite hazard when travelling, leaving an item behind, no matter how many times we scour the room, we are delighted when we can reunite guests with their lost items. We hope you will enjoy a winter visit as much as you enjoyed a summer one and we look forward to your return.

Vice President of Hospitality

There are newer reviews for Mosaic

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Our family stayed at the mosaic on August 15th and 16th. Despite terrible weather, the room and the resort overall were nice. The room was clean and well-stocked, the pool and hot-tub were a great experience and we certainly made the most out of the weather we were dealt. The only thing that might have been upsetting, but is outside the hotel's control was someone pounding on our door at 2am and running away.

The disappointment came 2 days after we got back home when I noticed that a couple of my shirts were missing. Turns out that in the rush to vacate the room and get the kids ready by the 11am check-out time, my wife and I overlooked checking the closet which had some of our shirts left hanging. I had two shirts there, one of which was fairly sentimental, and my wife had 3 shirts she recently bought.

We immediately called the hotel and were told that nothing was turned in by housekeeping. After insisting they check again, they called back confirming that nothing was found and they'll let us know if anything will turn up.

I know very well that the hotel is not responsible for stuff you forget behind and our bad for not checking the closet, but having been in many parts of the world where you would accept these things happen, we were very disappointed that this happened at the Blue Mountain village and fear that if the staff can't be honest, what else can go missing or be neglected.

Needless to say, we are not looking to blame anyone and we are clearly at fault for leaving stuff behind, but would have expected different from the staff at Mosaic.

1  Thank RG_travels2014

Dear RG_travels2014,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Mosaic at Blue, despite the weather conditions that have impacted a big part of the summer of 2014. The rooms are lovely and the recreational facilities are wonderful and year round at this hotel.

Generally speaking we have a very successful lost and found system and take pleasure in reuniting our guests with misplaced belongings, while we don’t have an explanation as to why we did not recover your belongings at the time of your inquiry we would like the opportunity to revisit our lost and found once again on your behalf and would encourage you to contact our housekeeping department toll free at 1-877-445-0231 to provide a detailed description of the items left behind. As a prime example of our commitment to recovering lost items, see the review posted just after yours, where the guest mistakenly left behind a GPS and we were able to successfully reunite the guest with their item. With the lack of detail, including guest name, dates of stay etcetera we are unable to make inquiries based on the information in this posting. We are pleased to hear you are not inclined to make accusations against our associates and acknowledge that items left behind are a hazard of travelling.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

- Heart pounding music from night club did not stop till 2:00 am, can't sleep even with ear plugs
- Bunch of drunks roamed the street screaming until they were cleared by security at 3:00am

Bottom line, what kind of a setup is this? I would've never stayed there had I known about this. They gave me a $60 credit which is a joke when there was loud noises for both Friday and Saturday night.

Dear Jimmy W

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to Mosaic at Blue, we are sorry to hear that your enjoyments was impacted due to noise generated by the night clubs and patrons. The pub owners are governed by the noise by laws imposed by the town and as such are required to limit noise levels beyond 11:00pm. On report of a violation our security personnel will visit an offending establishment and enforce the rules, unfortunately our security associates were not successful in cautioning the offending owners during your stay. The Village does generate a certain level of noise with its activities and night life, for guests more sensitive to noise we would recommend requesting a room facing away from the Village entirely.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite that was spacious, well maintained and the view was quite pretty with the view of skiers on the snowy slopes and the lit, heated pool and hot tub called out to me from the room. The heated pool and jacuzzi outside was amazing in the winter. This hotel is right in the Blue Mountain Village so it is convenient access to restaurants and shops in the village. Guest toiletries were better than average and the bed gave me a perfect nights sleep. I could have stayed in bed all day. I do wish that they had better shower facilities on the main floor connected to the pool for use even after check out. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms facing ski slopes and pool are beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear maverick688,

You have a gift for creative writing, who wouldn’t be inspired to visit Mosaic at Blue after reading your review. The location to the Village offers ease of access to such a wonderful variety of dining, retail and thrilling activities. The hotel recreational facilities are year round and make for ideal relaxation. We are delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back again very soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

First time for the family in Collingwood and we spent 3 nights (mid week) at Mosaic.Our 3 bedroom unit on the 2nd floor overlooked the pond. Beds were very comfortable. A/C worked perfectly. About 1200 sq ft. Large living room and dining room table for 8. Kitchen was great and we had breakfast in the unit every morning. Excellent location - close enough to village (5 minute walk) and far enough away for quiet bed times. Very clean and comfortable. Nice balcony for morning coffee with a view of the south part of the hill. Pool and hot tub also very good. Only suggestions: adding 1 or 2 more chairs on the balcony ....and a larger tv for the living room. Also, one of the 3 elevators was out of order which created some chaos at checkout.

Room Tip: rooms with a pond or mountain view are superior
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Mosaic, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Bryan R,

Thank you for this terrific review following your getaway to Blue Mountain Resort and the Mosaic hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious with all the comforts of home, including a well-stocked kitchen for easy preparation of a family meal. The pool at Mosaic along with the one at the Westin, are the only ones on resort that are heated year round, nice when the weather is uncooperative or chilly.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed in a bachelor unit for one night on Monday August 4.. the last day of the long weekend so it was likely much less busier than on the weekend.

The hotel has modern style and looks new for the most part, however the lobby washrooms are in pretty bad shape.

Check-in: was fast (however I checked in on a less-busy day, Monday)

Location: great

Pool: nice, but likely small to accommodate all guests on a busy day. Better to arrive at the pool early.

Room: Modern, clean but issues below.

1) NO Hot Water in the middle of the day (was told it was due to an earlier storm that took out the power).

2) Non functioning Air Conditioner. We did not realize the air conditioner was not working in our room until we were ready to go to bed. By that time we did not want any maintenance people to come and decided we can deal with the heat by opening the balcony door. However we woke up at 3am because the room was very hot.

We complained in the morning about the hot water (which they then informed us about the power issue) which we can accept. When we brought up the A/C issue, the front desk staff did not seem surprised..which tells me that happens more often?? They did refund us 25% of the rate and they offered us Late checkout at 7pm, which was acceptable.

If we did not have issues with the hot water and A/C, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again. It is much more modern and newer than the other village hotels (except for Westin). However I would have to think twice about staying there again due to the issues that arose. The value is good, but I would recommend to compare it to the Westin rate on the days you wish to stay. Westin will be higher, but the hotel will definitely be nicer and likely will not have issues such as the ones we had.

Having said that, they did refund us part of the rate and gave free late checkout 7pm (usually costs $49).

Other really small issues, but I'll also point them out:

1) The TV in the room is insanely small (22"), especially for a new hotel.

2) No hanging racks in the shower room door.

3) No clothesline in the shower (for summer guests)

4) Checked-in at 2pm, and late-checkout at 7pm the next day. No cleaning from staff for the entire duration.

Room Tip: Check the A/C and hot water when you check-in.

Dear Mike P

Thank you for this very detailed account of your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort and the Mosaic hotel. We are sorry to hear that a weather system took out power in the area; it does happen from time to time, in part due to our rural location, we appreciate the frustration to our guests and yet is something that is completely unpredictable. We are pleased to see that our associates heard your concerns and acknowledged them by offering a later departure so that you could enjoy some additional time on resort. Generally when a room is set to depart as was the case here our cleaning associates wait for the room to be vacated at which time they will clean and prepare it for another arrival, which would explain the absence of a daily refresh. We do have an internal call centre that can be reached via the room phone (AYS), whereby any requests you might have can be acted on, such as but not limited to, fresh towels, garbage removal, etc..

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Overall this was a very nice stay. The hotel has an amazing location, and the ammenities are great. The village is vibrant and there is always something happening. Our room was very good, spacious, and had a small area with sink, dishwasher, microwave, stove top, toaster, plates/cutlery/glasses, etc. The bed was very comfy, and the room was visually stunning. However, for the price, I would have liked if a few of the smaller things had been taken care of. Upon entering the room there was a huge stain on the rug, Front desk was notified and did offer to come clean it, but for $220/night this should be taken care of. A few lights did not work, and the vent in the bathroom also was not working. Small things, that should be addressed. This was a busy weekend, and in speaking with a housekeeping member they did say August was a busy time, so I was perplexed that they would have an elevator out of service. This lead to long elevator waits. In terms of the lobby and front desk, I found the lobby small and very noisy, this made it a tad difficult to speak with the front desk staff. I did have the pleasure of speaking with Megan at the front desk who was polite, courteous, and professional. On the other hand I also spoke with Jack who was arrogant, pompous and made you feel like you were not worthy of his time and effort. It is amazing how far a smile and a kind demeanor can impact your stay. With that being said, I did enjoy my stay here, and would book again if I could find a discounted rate in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside as there is construction happening on the conference side.
1  Thank Kswck_Dinner_Jckt

Dear Kswck_Dinner_Jckt,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience at Blue Mountain Resort and our Mosaic Boutique hotel. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience, lodging unit and amenities. It sounds like you were in a Studio suite; this is the smallest unit type available and yet offers all the conveniences, including a kitchenette. You are absolutely right, despite being one of our busiest months of the year, these oversights should not have occurred and will be brought up in ongoing coaching sessions with our cleaning associates to ensure such items are reported and corrected in advance of a guest stay. We are so surprised to hear that Jack provided sub-par services, we get recurring comments to the contrary on his service almost weekly, we will be sure to bring your comments to his attention and likewise will ensure Megan is acknowledged for her service. We share your disappointment with the elevator electing to experience a mechanical failure and assure you this was not a planned event during such a high traffic period, repairs have been conducted and service restored.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 16 in Blue Mountains

Been to Mosaic? Share your experiences!