“Winter Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Mountains
Tyrolean Village Resort at Blue Mountain
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We had a great time at the Tyrolean Village. Located right across Blue Mountain, the view was great ! Well maintained and the staff was very helpfull. The outdoor hot tub was just what we needed after a day on the slopes. The only issue was that a few people complained that their rooms were cold. But the staff was very helpfull and did give us a portable heater which helped. I sugest, if you are goin up with a large group, ask the individuals to bring along a small portable heater for their own use. Overall, we had a great time and i recomend it to all...

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 24, 2008

I booked this chalet for six ladies to get away from it all for a weekend. For the most part we were pleased with the location that we booked it had a definite 70's flair. However we were disappointed upon arrival to see that there were only five bedrooms when it advertised the chalet as a six bed room (the only reason we choose this particular chalet). Luckily two ladies didn't have a problem sharing. Also you have to call for maintenance to come and turn up the heat if you would like it warmer that 65..... bit chilly for me! We had intended to go out for dinner each evening so the limited "working" kitchen wasn't an issue for us, but again, it was advertised with such amenities, which I could see people being disappointed if they were intending to dine in. The general consensus of our group, was it met our needs of a place to sit, catch up over a few glasses of wine and a complete nights sleep! The short distance to the "village" was also a great draw for shopping and dinning. I would book again with Tyrolean, however not the same chalet, we were in the Castle and I will definitely be reviewing what exactly is "included"

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2008

For Pet Friendly in Collingwood - Tyrolean is great. Had no problems bringing our two dogs and we did not worry about the dogs in the chalet because...well...quite frankly - there is nothing to ruin....the carpets are indoor/outdoor - metal furniture, vinyl flooring.....I guess you call is rustic. It was definitely adequate although it would have been better to not have the place smell so "funky". Judging by the age of the cottage - there would have been a long history of parties and people contributing to the funk smell. Some Febreeze or at least cleaning the carpets more often in the main great room would have been appreciated.

If you are looking for extreme luxury - well this would not be the place. But the huge wood burning fireplace was a nice change to no fireplace or a gas fireplace...hard to beat a wood fire. I would consider their large chalets for a family get together or reunion - lots of room, ping pong table in the basement, huge table to eat at and two bathrooms with separate shower/tubs.

I would go back because we can bring the dogs, the price is right and the chalet was more than adequate.

Reviewed October 21, 2008

We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving Day weekend in a very comfortable chalet. It was spacious, clean, well equipped and had a super inside hot tub that could accomodate several people. We loved the fact that the hot tub area also had a shower and sauna and was like a self contained spa. I like to cook and the kitchen was well equipped and even had a dishwasher.The area is great for all seasons. It's located between Collingwoood and Thornbury. Great skiing in the winter, boating in summer and lots to see and do in the other seasons.

Reviewed October 15, 2008

We were a large group of 16 people staying in a Swiss Style Chalet. We were pleased with the facilities overall, however, the biggest issue we had is that it was VERY difficult to find! In fact, the only reason that we got there so easily was because my sister was walking along the road when we arrived, and it was still light out. Other members of our party were not so lucky and drove around for several minutes trying to find our chalet. YOU NEED MORE SIGNS AND BETTER DRIVING DIRECTIONS!

We really enjoyed being together in one facility; much better than staying in a hotel where members of your group are scattered all over the place. The kitchen facilities were just fine for us, although the barbecue wasn't the greatest! However, I do understand the challenges involved with having a higher quality BBQ!

I would certainly consider staying at Tyrolean Villages again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Would never hesitate to book here again. Way too much room for 5 people which is never a problem and very well equipped for all of our needs. Beautiful setting with lots of privacy and very clean. Would advise any friend that this place is awesome.

Jeff Bauer

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Our weekend away was great. We enjoyed Tyrolean Village in off-season. We absolutely love the Fall so this is our preferred time to get away and took advantage of the off-season pricing.

We were at the base of Blue Mountain so we toured the Villiage and had an afternoon hike up the mountain. The chalet pretty much came with everything we needed. Prior to going I emailed the resort about a couple of things that I wasn't sure if we should bring, but I forgot to ask about towels. I brought one just in case but forgot to tell my partner to bring one. Other than that they do provide everything you will need. It also had a TV with cable and wireless internet which I was not expecting.

We are planning on returning with friends to take in even better pricing with a group.

Cheers,

The Lodges at Blue Mountain
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#3 of 16 in Blue Mountains
Historic Snowbridge Mountain Homes - Blue Mountain Resort
Historic Snowbridge Mountain Hom...
#6 of 16 in Blue Mountains

Been to Tyrolean Village Resort at Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!