$207
$139
  • Pool
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
$174
  • Pool
The Lodges at Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$285
$149
Royal Harbour Resort(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
$115
Hotels.com
Embarc Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$228
Penny's Motel(Thornbury)
$65
$63
Travelocity
$173
$147
  • Pool
The Retreat House(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
1,366 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantsmall kitchenetteoutdoor poollate checkoverlooking the villagehotel is beautifulski lockersmini kitchendining tableget away
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed overnight at Trillium for a quick girls getaway. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was very spacious and well maintained. It was a little oasis in the mountains.

It was so nice to have a full kitchen and two separate bedrooms/bathrooms - especially with a bunch of girls. Being able to cook your own breakfast and dinner definitely helps with the overall expense of a weekend away. If you're not inclined to cook, the hotel is a two minute walk from the village.

A couple drawbacks of the hotel....

1. Parking - $15 for underground parking; was supposed to be included in the rate we booked was supposed to include parking. The attendant at check in was less than helpful and not very curteous let us know this or valet were our only options. Evidently there's free parking in a lot nearby. I'd definitely use that next time and not have to deal with a moody attendant.

2. Bring speakers or something for you iPod. None of the rooms are equipped to accommodate anything other than using a CD (but who brings CDs with them these days?). Even the alarm clocks are radio-only.

3. There was no shampoo or conditioner in any of the bathrooms. Staff informed us it wasn't provided at the hotel because it was more condo-style.

All in all it was an eventful overnight trip. We had a blast and it was a quick drive to our Sunday destination - Scandinave Spa. If you haven't been there before - this is a must try.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Stina0t2,

Thank you for taking the time to offer our readers such a complimentary perspective of your girls getaway at the Westin Trillium House and the the Village at Blue Mountain. I am pleased that we were able to offer a unique experience and a well deserved break for you and your friends. We do hope that you will visit again as a group soon.

With respect to your noted concerns I would appreciate it greatly if you could contact me directly (email listed below) so that I can determine why you were charged parking if it was supposed to be included. We do not offer very many packages that include parking, however it is not un heard of and so I would like to follow up. As I have stated in other responses to Tripadvisor reviews, I try to deter our associates from referring guests to any of the surface lots close to the hotel as we do not own or operate them and thus do not have any right to do so. I would suspect however that several on our team do so with a wink and a nudge and I apologize for our associate who was not as cordial as he should have been.

With respect to the MP3 docking stations (or lack thereof) I have instructed our management team to investigate the purchase and installation of these units and hope that we will be able to do this in the coming months. I too get frustrated when I have no place to plug in my Ipod Touch!!

Your last comment blew me away so to speak!! Clearly we have an associate with a need for more indepth training to which I have communicated to our management team that a reinforcement session may be in order. Although it is true that we are a "condominium" hotel that fact should not mean reduced services or amenities. As a Westin Hotel we offer so much more that what a condo hotel experience can offer and that includes a wide range of toiletries and amenities in all of our suites. We clearly dropped the ball on this one and you have my utmost apology.

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment on your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

We were searching for a pet-friendly place as we were looking to get away for a couple days with our Rottie. We were pleasantly surprised to find out the Westin Trillium House in Blue Mountain had pet-friendly suites available! :-)
Beautiful, newer, nice, modern hotel with excellent & friendly service from the staff!
All pet-friendly rooms are on the first floor with a walk-out to a little patio & the grass area (for our pooch to go pottie!) Room was very nice, extremely clean & spacious with plenty of room for our 110 lb rottweiler! Received an upgraded room with great view of the mountains, a separate bedroom, kitchenette, dining table & bathroom with separate shower stall & bathtub. The bed was super comfortable, room service was great & lots of great movies to rent (including movies currently playing in theatres).
Just behind the hotel is the Village with lots of great restaurants & shops just at the base of the mountains. Great relaxing & fun environment!
Thank you for a wonderful weekend experience - will definitely be back ;-)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SuzeeTO

Dear SuzeeTO,

WOW! I am glad we could make such an impact on one of our guests and we are very pleased that your entire family (including your rotti) enjoyed their visit to the Westin Trillium and the Village at Blue Mountain.

I am a firm believer that guests travelling with pets consider them to be part of the family and can certainly understand the feeling of guilt and dissapointment if they are forced to leave their family members at home while travelling.

Our Westin Heavenly Pet Program is very popular given our resort designation but it does not come without its own challenges. Due to the nature of the resort we can not allow pets to be left unattended in suites as this often leads to uncontrollable barking that impacts other guests (I would bark too if I were bored or lonely). Likewise we also limit the areas in which pets can roam with their masters and as such the pool and the restaurant are out of bounds but pretty much everywhere else on resort is open territory. And yes there is additional work to be done by our housekeeping team to ready a pet friendly suite for the next guest arrival. Our team is very experienced at eliminating all traces of our four legged friends after they depart so not to impact the visit of another guest.

Thank you once again for posting your comments and I am very pleased to hear that our pet program is having such a positive impact on our guests. We do look forward to your next visit with us and please make sure that your rotti receives their welcome package on arrival (and a quick visit to Bark & Fitz in the village would most likely be appreciated by your friend).

Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at this resort in Oct 2010. After a long drive and preparing for a funeral it was nice to check in to a place that was warm and comfy. The view from our balcony was very pretty with the changing leaves. I can imagine how pretty is must be when the ground is laden with snow and the skiers are on the hills.

The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. We had a quick check in.

The rooms are lovely and relaxing.

If you don't want to pay the prices in the restaurant for a meal you can always shop before you arrive and prepare your own if you have a suite. The rooms have a fridge, microwave and dishes. The suites also have a hot plate.

My one complaint would be the price of bottled water. For a hotel of this calibre I think charging a client $5.95 for a medium size bottle of water is ridiculous. Read the fine print people, do not open the water provided in the room. We were fortunate because we had been warned by friends so we brought our own.

You pay for parking unless you use the gravel lot next door.

Beautiful location, nice amenities. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caribbean_breezes

Dear Caribbean_breezes,

Thank you for such a glowing review of our hotel and your recent visit to the Village at Blue Mountian. I only wish that you were here for a more joyous occasion but am pleased that we were able to make a difficult stay more comfortable.

I too would be hesitant to pay $5.95 for a bottle of spring water but understanding the the costs and efforts involved in providing this convenience my disdain is tempered with the knowledge that our bottled water program is not a profit center. Not only do we incur the cost of the product (our Aqua Panna product is not the cheapest on the market), but also the labour involved to check and restock our suites daily, shipping, storage and the inevitable theft that occurs in some of our suites. I would wholeheartedly agree with your recomendation to bring your own product if not wishing to pay the price for this convenience. Aqua Panna is however a wonderful product and I have at times purchased it myself when staying at some of our sister properties. It is nice to be able to utilize the convenience even if only on special occasions.

Thank you once again for posting your review for our readers and future guests and we look forward to a return visit under more joyous circumstances.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for one night and enjoyed it. It's great having a full kitchen in a hotel which is very rare, and with two kids in tow along with four adults we used it. The hotel room was very clean on arrival and had three tv's along with one dvd. Note that to use the DVD you turn to channel 55. It would be nice to have a sign for that in the room and not struggle for awhile - we had to call the front desk. The beds in each bedroom were advertised as queens but really seemed like doubles, or if it's possible to have special "hotel" size queen, maybe.

The hotel is very long and narrow, and kind of odd in the design in that there is only one set of elevators at one end. Our room was on the far end not near the elevators, so we had a very long walk each way. If you had mobility issues, this would be a problem.

The pool was in good condition although it needs to be drained and the concrete repaired and/or painted in a lot of places where it's chipped. It makes it look dirty when it's not really. The hot tub was hot, although the sauna was in a state of disrepair with the floor boards raised up, and was cold. This is a general request to hotels with saunas - they are NEVER HOT! What is the point of having a sauna if i have to plan my visit two hours in advance? - and they always have a timer with like 20 minutes on it. You need a while to heat these things up and get them hot - 20 minutes will not do it. It's always a disappoinment, but i keep thinking someday i will open the door to a hotel sauna and it will be primed and running. Stop trying to cheap out on the hydro - do you wait for someone to come by to use the pool before you fill it with water....?

We went by the Kids Club since this sounded interesting but turned out to be a very small room with a bunch of tables, a TV and a very dirty IKEA tunnel. We didn't see things to draw with, paper or very many games so the girls got bored in about 20 seconds and that was that. Nice in theory but you need to go shopping and not to IKEA.

My biggest peeve with our stay was the parking charge of $15. I mean come on - i took the self park option but felt a bit stupid later when i found out i could have parked 100 feet away for free in the resort lot. I expect to pay for valet parking for sure as a fee for service. I expect to pay downtown in a city but not at a place where 100% of people arrive by car and you need to park. It just is a bit petty and when you pay north of $300 for a room at a remote location, you don't normally get dinged for parking. And they really push the valet on you as if it's the only option. It would more fair to say to guests - look you have three options - you can do valet at $20- since some people don't even care, you can self park at $15, or you can walk the 100 feet to the resort lot and it's free. It's never a good thing to make your guests feel stupid when you don't have all the info.

Another peeve was that guests were very loud in the hottub/pool area well past 12am and it didn't appear that anyone from the hotel was doing anything about it. When you can hear it through closed doors and windows on a higher floor - where is the staff that you can't hear that downstairs - does anyone walk around at night?

The most amusing part was when a girl knocked on our door, waited 1 second, and then walked right into the room to our surprise before we could even answer, carrying two water bottles to place in the room - the $8 bottles that you never drink unless you're absolutely desperate - regretting later why you paid $8 for a $1 bottle of water. Note to water girl staff - wait a few seconds before you enter the room and listen for anyone yelling back at you.

And to anyone thinking of going to the Plunge Aquatic Centre which is attached to the hotel - it is a separate operation - i think the staff must get tired of people being surprised it's not part of the hotel or that there is a ridiculous charge to get in. It's a indoor/outdoor pool with a slide. And it's not worth $50 for three hours for a family of 4. Water "slides" was one outdoor short ladder slide and a small ground slide - and i think the only people using it were local residents who i hear get a discount off the crazy rates. It is very odd that the Westin has no indoor pool - only outdoor - which is why you think Plunge is part of the hotel and supposed to be the indoor pool complex for it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Dear Beachman727,

Thank you for taking the time to produce such an extensive and detailed review of your visit to the Westin Trillium House and the Village at Blue Mountain. I am very pleased the given your number of concerns that you still rated our hotel very highly and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to friends and family. I would like to answer to most of your concerns and thus will do so in bulleted form below.

1. You commented on the perception that our queen beds seem to be more like double beds however all of our queen beds are in fact true queen beds. Perahps it was the size of the bedroom that created this sensation but I can assure you that their dimensions are true to size. Our King beds on the other hand are actually "Hotel" Kings as categorized by the manufacturer and are in fact slightly shorter and narrower than a true retail king sized bed (though much larger than a queen). This is simply due to the available quare footage in some of our bedrooms and for the most part the size variation is not noticed by our guests.

2. You have of course experienced first hand the length of our hallways (our building is almost a third of a kilometre long). The length of our building is due to the fact that the master plan of development for the Village at Blue Mountain places height restrictions on buildings and in order to develop the number of suites required our structure needed to be longer than most. If guests have concerns regarding the location of their suite relative to the elevators we will endeavor as best we can to accommodate a request to move (subject to the availability of similar suites). This is one of the primary reason why our Bellman Services are so very popular in that our associates are more than pleased to deliver luggage (and anything else) to our guests.
3. As I have noted in several other responses to our Tripadvisor reviewers our pool lining is most definitely in need of repair. Although we had planned to replace the pool liner this past fall we simply "ran out of weather" and could not undertake the task in a timely manner. We have however secured our contractor to begin the replacement of this material as soon as the weather allows in the Spring. The discolouration noted at the bottom of the pool is simply estheticaly unappealing and we do look forward to a newly renovated pool by the beginning of May.
4. I can certainly empathise with your frustrations over the temperature in the sauna and hot tubs and I have to admit it is difficult to please all of our guests on this one. Both hot tubs and our sauna are kept at temperatures (and limited operational times) specified by the ministry of health. Though at times they may be cooler than normal due to equipment breakdowns, backwashing and water replacement or simply heavy usage. We do monitor temperatures several times a day and adjust accordingly but it is apparent that this was not done adequately while you were here and for this you have my personal apology.

5. Our "Kids Club" room is simply a space made available for our very young guests to be entertained by their parents. We have never though to expand the facility or offer programming due to the fact that the resort as a whole has an immense volume of activities and programming for guests of all ages and anything that we could produce given the space available simply would not measure up. I have however asked our team to remove the "IKEA" tube given the fact that it has seen better days.

6. Your comments regarding parking are in line with several other reviewers however given the fact that we operate and maintain (read: cost) an underground garage, out of the weather, convenient to our elevators and thus convenient for our guests a charge for the service is warranted. We do not refer guests to the various surface lots in the area due to the fact that we do not own, operate or maintain them and hence have no right to allow our guests to use them. Most resort properties in Ontario do not operate garages and hence they normally do not charge for parking. In essence our guests are paying for the convenience and upgraded service and our parking prices are significantly lower than any branded hotel operation in the city. Not the answer you were looking for but really the only one I can offer.

7. The noisy patrons in the hot tub after midnight is one that perplexes me in that our recreation facility closes nightly at 11pm! Clearly our evening crew were not "on the ball" that night as this is a very rare occurance. Non the less you have my apology and assurance that a quick call to our Service Express Team would remedy any noise concerns in short order.

8. To round up this rather lengthy response I can comment on our outdoor pool (Plunge is not our facility however I have passed on your comments to their team). Three of our Intrawest Resorts in Canada and a number in the US have outdoor pool facilities (even in use throughout the winter). Not only is it a cost effective way to develop a property (no covering structure to construct) but is a unique experience for all of our guests. Imagine snow falling in minus 10 degree weather with steam rising off the pool and children catching snowflakes on their tongue. Quite a bit of fun for the pain of a 15 second run from the change room to the pool (yes it is cold in the winter months but being a Westin our bathrobes come in handy).

At the end of the day you have made some very valid points regarding your stay and I appreciate the fact that you have brought them to the attention of our readers. This of course allows me to respond accordingly and thus ensure the our guests who read this forum have accurate expectations of their visit. I realize that we can not satisfy every need or want but I think that you would agree given your rating of us that an enjoyable time can be had.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your visit and we do look forward to your return. Please feel free to contact me personally should you wish to discuss your stay with me further.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Hands down, I recommend this hotel. The amenities were fantastic. Heated outdoor pool, which is open for use even in the cold winter months, plenty of shops, nightlife and even ski lockers! I wasn't there in the winter, so I didn't have the opportunity to hit the slopes... but I will definitely plan a trip for next winter. The ONLY downside to this hotel was the staff, they were professional, but not personable. The young lady who had checked us in was not the most polite, but that was the last thing we were concerned about as we enjoyed our stay AND will return regardless. I've heard that a nearby spa, Le Scandinave is exceptional. I would recommend that as well from what I've heard!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Dear CaterinaD,

Thank you for your well titled review of your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House. I am quite pleased that you enjoyed your stay. To be classed as "Awsome" is an exceptional compliment and one that has been well received by our associates.

I cannot express my dissapointment however with regards to the lackluster interaction that you had with our associate upon arrival. This is clearly not the impression that we strive to make during our arrival process and I do hope that this poor level of service quality was experienced with only one of our associates. Your feedback will serve as yet another training tool so that our associates can understand the impact from the guest's perspective of not providing exceptional service encounters at every interaction.

Thank you once agin for your glowing review (and I certainly would second your recomendation for Le Scandinave as it is a wonderful experience) and we do hope to see you again in the future.