$195
$175
  • Pool
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
$214
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Retreat House(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$80
Embarc Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$228
Priceline
  • Pool
Royal Harbour Resort(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
The Lodges at Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
Heathcote Haven Bed and Breakfast(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
Blue Mountain Rivergrass(Blue Mountains)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,369 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantsmall kitchenetteoutdoor poollate checkoverlooking the villagehotel is beautifulski lockersmini kitchendining tableget away
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for one night and enjoyed it. It's great having a full kitchen in a hotel which is very rare, and with two kids in tow along with four adults we used it. The hotel room was very clean on arrival and had three tv's along with one dvd. Note that to use the DVD you turn to channel 55. It would be nice to have a sign for that in the room and not struggle for awhile - we had to call the front desk. The beds in each bedroom were advertised as queens but really seemed like doubles, or if it's possible to have special "hotel" size queen, maybe.

The hotel is very long and narrow, and kind of odd in the design in that there is only one set of elevators at one end. Our room was on the far end not near the elevators, so we had a very long walk each way. If you had mobility issues, this would be a problem.

The pool was in good condition although it needs to be drained and the concrete repaired and/or painted in a lot of places where it's chipped. It makes it look dirty when it's not really. The hot tub was hot, although the sauna was in a state of disrepair with the floor boards raised up, and was cold. This is a general request to hotels with saunas - they are NEVER HOT! What is the point of having a sauna if i have to plan my visit two hours in advance? - and they always have a timer with like 20 minutes on it. You need a while to heat these things up and get them hot - 20 minutes will not do it. It's always a disappoinment, but i keep thinking someday i will open the door to a hotel sauna and it will be primed and running. Stop trying to cheap out on the hydro - do you wait for someone to come by to use the pool before you fill it with water....?

We went by the Kids Club since this sounded interesting but turned out to be a very small room with a bunch of tables, a TV and a very dirty IKEA tunnel. We didn't see things to draw with, paper or very many games so the girls got bored in about 20 seconds and that was that. Nice in theory but you need to go shopping and not to IKEA.

My biggest peeve with our stay was the parking charge of $15. I mean come on - i took the self park option but felt a bit stupid later when i found out i could have parked 100 feet away for free in the resort lot. I expect to pay for valet parking for sure as a fee for service. I expect to pay downtown in a city but not at a place where 100% of people arrive by car and you need to park. It just is a bit petty and when you pay north of $300 for a room at a remote location, you don't normally get dinged for parking. And they really push the valet on you as if it's the only option. It would more fair to say to guests - look you have three options - you can do valet at $20- since some people don't even care, you can self park at $15, or you can walk the 100 feet to the resort lot and it's free. It's never a good thing to make your guests feel stupid when you don't have all the info.

Another peeve was that guests were very loud in the hottub/pool area well past 12am and it didn't appear that anyone from the hotel was doing anything about it. When you can hear it through closed doors and windows on a higher floor - where is the staff that you can't hear that downstairs - does anyone walk around at night?

The most amusing part was when a girl knocked on our door, waited 1 second, and then walked right into the room to our surprise before we could even answer, carrying two water bottles to place in the room - the $8 bottles that you never drink unless you're absolutely desperate - regretting later why you paid $8 for a $1 bottle of water. Note to water girl staff - wait a few seconds before you enter the room and listen for anyone yelling back at you.

And to anyone thinking of going to the Plunge Aquatic Centre which is attached to the hotel - it is a separate operation - i think the staff must get tired of people being surprised it's not part of the hotel or that there is a ridiculous charge to get in. It's a indoor/outdoor pool with a slide. And it's not worth $50 for three hours for a family of 4. Water "slides" was one outdoor short ladder slide and a small ground slide - and i think the only people using it were local residents who i hear get a discount off the crazy rates. It is very odd that the Westin has no indoor pool - only outdoor - which is why you think Plunge is part of the hotel and supposed to be the indoor pool complex for it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded November 22, 2010

Dear Beachman727,

Thank you for taking the time to produce such an extensive and detailed review of your visit to the Westin Trillium House and the Village at Blue Mountain. I am very pleased the given your number of concerns that you still rated our hotel very highly and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to friends and family. I would like to answer to most of your concerns and thus will do so in bulleted form below.

1. You commented on the perception that our queen beds seem to be more like double beds however all of our queen beds are in fact true queen beds. Perahps it was the size of the bedroom that created this sensation but I can assure you that their dimensions are true to size. Our King beds on the other hand are actually "Hotel" Kings as categorized by the manufacturer and are in fact slightly shorter and narrower than a true retail king sized bed (though much larger than a queen). This is simply due to the available quare footage in some of our bedrooms and for the most part the size variation is not noticed by our guests.

2. You have of course experienced first hand the length of our hallways (our building is almost a third of a kilometre long). The length of our building is due to the fact that the master plan of development for the Village at Blue Mountain places height restrictions on buildings and in order to develop the number of suites required our structure needed to be longer than most. If guests have concerns regarding the location of their suite relative to the elevators we will endeavor as best we can to accommodate a request to move (subject to the availability of similar suites). This is one of the primary reason why our Bellman Services are so very popular in that our associates are more than pleased to deliver luggage (and anything else) to our guests.
3. As I have noted in several other responses to our Tripadvisor reviewers our pool lining is most definitely in need of repair. Although we had planned to replace the pool liner this past fall we simply "ran out of weather" and could not undertake the task in a timely manner. We have however secured our contractor to begin the replacement of this material as soon as the weather allows in the Spring. The discolouration noted at the bottom of the pool is simply estheticaly unappealing and we do look forward to a newly renovated pool by the beginning of May.
4. I can certainly empathise with your frustrations over the temperature in the sauna and hot tubs and I have to admit it is difficult to please all of our guests on this one. Both hot tubs and our sauna are kept at temperatures (and limited operational times) specified by the ministry of health. Though at times they may be cooler than normal due to equipment breakdowns, backwashing and water replacement or simply heavy usage. We do monitor temperatures several times a day and adjust accordingly but it is apparent that this was not done adequately while you were here and for this you have my personal apology.

5. Our "Kids Club" room is simply a space made available for our very young guests to be entertained by their parents. We have never though to expand the facility or offer programming due to the fact that the resort as a whole has an immense volume of activities and programming for guests of all ages and anything that we could produce given the space available simply would not measure up. I have however asked our team to remove the "IKEA" tube given the fact that it has seen better days.

6. Your comments regarding parking are in line with several other reviewers however given the fact that we operate and maintain (read: cost) an underground garage, out of the weather, convenient to our elevators and thus convenient for our guests a charge for the service is warranted. We do not refer guests to the various surface lots in the area due to the fact that we do not own, operate or maintain them and hence have no right to allow our guests to use them. Most resort properties in Ontario do not operate garages and hence they normally do not charge for parking. In essence our guests are paying for the convenience and upgraded service and our parking prices are significantly lower than any branded hotel operation in the city. Not the answer you were looking for but really the only one I can offer.

7. The noisy patrons in the hot tub after midnight is one that perplexes me in that our recreation facility closes nightly at 11pm! Clearly our evening crew were not "on the ball" that night as this is a very rare occurance. Non the less you have my apology and assurance that a quick call to our Service Express Team would remedy any noise concerns in short order.

8. To round up this rather lengthy response I can comment on our outdoor pool (Plunge is not our facility however I have passed on your comments to their team). Three of our Intrawest Resorts in Canada and a number in the US have outdoor pool facilities (even in use throughout the winter). Not only is it a cost effective way to develop a property (no covering structure to construct) but is a unique experience for all of our guests. Imagine snow falling in minus 10 degree weather with steam rising off the pool and children catching snowflakes on their tongue. Quite a bit of fun for the pain of a 15 second run from the change room to the pool (yes it is cold in the winter months but being a Westin our bathrobes come in handy).

At the end of the day you have made some very valid points regarding your stay and I appreciate the fact that you have brought them to the attention of our readers. This of course allows me to respond accordingly and thus ensure the our guests who read this forum have accurate expectations of their visit. I realize that we can not satisfy every need or want but I think that you would agree given your rating of us that an enjoyable time can be had.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your visit and we do look forward to your return. Please feel free to contact me personally should you wish to discuss your stay with me further.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Hands down, I recommend this hotel. The amenities were fantastic. Heated outdoor pool, which is open for use even in the cold winter months, plenty of shops, nightlife and even ski lockers! I wasn't there in the winter, so I didn't have the opportunity to hit the slopes... but I will definitely plan a trip for next winter. The ONLY downside to this hotel was the staff, they were professional, but not personable. The young lady who had checked us in was not the most polite, but that was the last thing we were concerned about as we enjoyed our stay AND will return regardless. I've heard that a nearby spa, Le Scandinave is exceptional. I would recommend that as well from what I've heard!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Dear CaterinaD,

Thank you for your well titled review of your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House. I am quite pleased that you enjoyed your stay. To be classed as "Awsome" is an exceptional compliment and one that has been well received by our associates.

I cannot express my dissapointment however with regards to the lackluster interaction that you had with our associate upon arrival. This is clearly not the impression that we strive to make during our arrival process and I do hope that this poor level of service quality was experienced with only one of our associates. Your feedback will serve as yet another training tool so that our associates can understand the impact from the guest's perspective of not providing exceptional service encounters at every interaction.

Thank you once agin for your glowing review (and I certainly would second your recomendation for Le Scandinave as it is a wonderful experience) and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

My new husband and I travelled here on our honeymoon.
It is a beautiful place, but next time we will request a room away from the loading dock. All we heard the one night was trucks backing up and we had lights from the trucks lighting up our room. It wasn't unbearable, but not exactly conducive to the quiet environment we were hoping for. We were also a tiny bit disappointed that they knew we were there on our honeymoon and we didn't get anything offered to us.... We weren't completely expecting it, but after hearing about other couples, we were hoping.

We were a little taken back by the parking situation. $15 per night, or $20 to have the valet park, with no other options given. A little steep, in my opinion.... especially in the off season. Underground parking was lovely, but absolutely not worth the $15 per night.

We had a small problem with the toilet not working - we fixed it ourselves once, and then when it didn't work again we told the front desk. At first the response was "Well, it's a big hotel, these things happen." which was a little off putting. However, that said, they did go up and fix it while we were out wandering through the shops.

It was a beautiful place, but I'm not sure that we would stay again. Collingwood is just down the road and has plenty of very nice places with free parking. And at what we were paying per night to stay at the Westin, we would have enjoyed complimentary parking. (As you can see that was a bit of a deal breaker for us - even here in tourist central Niagara Falls, most high end hotels have free parking).

I will recommend the hotel to friends, but there will be a (but) attached to it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndieHeide
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Dear AndieHeide,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review of your experieces during your visit to the Village at Blue Mountain and the Westin Trillium House. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay especially since you were celebrating such a special occasion and you chose to do so with us. You are correct in that we do normally offer something special to our guests celebrating a special occasion, especially if we know in advance of thier arrival. I have asked our managers to remind our associates to act immediately when intuitive information is provided by guests upon arrival so that we may take action accordingly.

I can certainly understand your frustration with our charges for parking as this is a common comment received by our associates and posted on this site. The simple fact of the matter is that the operation of an underground parking garage is not a cost free endevour by any means and when you combine the capital costs of construction (and thus the purchase price of the space to our individual condominium owners - each suite is a private condo on a rental program) there is need for cost recovery. I am sure that you would agree however that the cost of parking would seem insignificant if you had experienced the poor weather that we can sometimes receive being in Ontario's ski country. There are free surface parking options (gravel parking lots) within a brief walk of the hotel however we are unable to promote these options as we do not own those facilities.

Your interaction with one of our associates and their response regarding the malfunctioning toilet is one that perplexes me since that type of response is clearly not one that abides by our extensive service standards. Your commentary has therefore been used as a training tool in an effort to show our associates how not to respond to a guest enquiry. Thank you for that opportunity for our team to hear it from "the guest's perspective"! I am however pleased that we were able to remedy the problem while you were out.

Although I would agree that there are several nice lodging options within the Town of Collingwood and that they may even be cheaper I would argue that none of them (save for a few specialty B&B's) would offer comparible service options, opportunities for dining (in the village or hotel), or even entertainment. All of our surrounding communities have exceptional opportunities for dining, shopping & entertainment but there is simply no comparible combination that also includes exceptional lodging outside of the Village at Blue.

Thank you again for commenting and I do hope that you will reconsider the possibility of visiting with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

When we first walked into the Westin Trillium House in Augest 2010, our first impession was pretty nice, looked clean etc. It was INAINLY crouded, and the line was pretty much out the door. There were only 2 people working at the Check In, very nice ladys trying to help as much as they could. So when we were in line, we see that there is also another 2 familys (both we very young children; 6 or 7) We find out that the room keys arent working, thats why they were there. So, the were cutting infront of all of us, no big deal. It would only take a couple minutes. So suddenly the man infront of us in line starts yelling at the familys to get to the back of the line, and he is cussing and being very rude. The staff didnt do anything, but watch. The young kids were pretty frightened. After that everything went pretty well, rooms were nice, with everything that you would need for a short stay. Left the house keeping a 5 dollar tip (we requested extra tolietres) and the housekeeper Dan gave us PLENTY. At least 7 or more of each requsted. Parking was a little confusing (we parked in the underground parking garage) but you get used to it. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelGal2186
Management response:Responded October 5, 2010

Dear TravelGal2168,

Thank you for taking the time to post a commentary of your August visit to the Village at Blue Mountain and the Westin Trillium House. We are very please that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us though I suspect that you were somehwhat surpised by your check in experience.
August is without a doubt our busiest month here at the hotel and as such we sometimes experience service delays (to be honest I am not too sure why there were only two agents at the desk as there undoubtedly should have been more). Invariably these delays are often felt during check-in time when our arriving guests (after being on the road for two hours or more - sometimes with cranky children) are anxious to get to their suites and begin their vacation. Any kind of delay can further add to accumulated stress with the end result being a blowout not unlike the one you witnessed in our lobby.
Although our associates are well trained in servicing the needs of our guests you can imagine that their discomfort would be similar to yours after witnessing such an unacceptable show of ill manners. Regardless of this fact one of our supervisors could have intervened and for our lack of intervention you have my personal apology.
With respect to your parking experience you hit the nail right on the head! Our building is VERY long with one central bank of elevators making parking a bit of a chore and sometimes confusing. This is one of the reasons why we prefer to offer our valet service to guests in that it further improves their overall experience (though there is an additional charge!).
I won't comment on our generous Housekeeping associate Dan (chuckle) but I am very pleased that he was able to contribute to the enjoyment of your visit.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we do look forward to a return visit.

James B. Henry, General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights and found this hotel to be good but they fell far short on several areas. Here's our feedback

The Room
We had a one bedroom suite. The main room, bathroom and kitchenette were very good. The pull out couch was comfortable, the kitchenette had a full set of dishes, glasses etc and was very nice and well equipped.

The master bedroom was very nice except for the air conditioning unit. The unit was located about 1 foot from the end of the bed. It was very noisy and even though we used ear plugs it was still loud. Also, the bedroom would be cold and the main room/kitchen would be warm. I think we simply got a bad room so may not be a problem in other rooms.

Housekeeping

Very disappointed. On the second day we found food was missing. While the dollar value was minimal, it was disconerting to know the cleaning staff would take items. As a quest at the hotel you place your trust in the hotel that your belongings will not be touched or taken. We complained to management and although we were ultimately compensated we found their reaction to be less than one would expect from a large, well known hotel chain. No apology was offered, just the compensation and only after we complained several times. Mgt should be concerned. If staff are taking items from one guest they are likely doing the same thing to other quests. Good thing we had our valuables locked in the safe

Pool/Hot Tub

Hot tub was great. Pool was okay. We found the pool to be cloudy and on several occasions when I walked in the pool along the outer edge I could literally bury my feet in something (felt like piles of chlorine particles).

Location

Excellent.

If we had a better room that was not so noisy and the housekeeping person hadn't taken our belongings, I would have given this hotel a higher rating. I guess were unlucky in some ways in terms of the room we got and the cleaning person we got.

I would still recommend the hotel but with caution about safeguarding your belongings

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank happywithmirage
Management response:Responded October 5, 2010

Dear Happywithmirage,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your perspective on your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain. I am pleased that you found many aspects of your stay acceptable and you most certainly have my personal apology for the noisy air handling unit and loose sand in our pool. These are unfortunate concerns that are for the most part easily rectified so thank you for addressing them.

I was personally involved in the conversations had by our supervisor regarding your concerns over the missing roll of candy and felt that she dealt with the situation appropriately. In five years of operation our associates have proven to be forthright, honest and dedicated to the service of our guests. Although we have had accusations of theft levied against our associates in the past in every case the missing items were either found by the guest at home or were never lost in the first place. With respect to your particular incident we had no proof (nor reason to believe) that a tenured and senior housekeeping associate would purposely remove candy from your suite though similarly we had no way of determining why it had gone missing. Although we could not determine a cause for the missing candy I authorized our supervisor to deliver personally to your suite a $50 gift certificate to our restaurant as a gesture of good will in hopes that this might mitigate your concern and rebuild your trust in us. Clearly our gesture was misinterpreted and the personal apology of our supervisor was not heard.
Regardless of our difference of opinions regarding the missing candy I truly appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to comment on your stay. Guest feedback is important to us (whether it be good or bad) since it offers us and our tripadvisor readers a perspective that only a visitor to the Trillium could offer in addition to the opportunity to further improve our product and service offering.

James B. Henry, General Manager