$205
$138
  • Pool
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
$173
$155
  • Pool
The Lodges at Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$175
$148
Embarc Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$226
Penny's Motel(Thornbury)
$65
$62
$172
$147
  • Pool
The Retreat House(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$103
Heathcote Haven Bed and Breakfast(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
$114
$106
Agoda.com
Royal Harbour Resort(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
$114
TripAdvisor
1,364 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantsmall kitchenetteoutdoor poollate checkoverlooking the villagehotel is beautifulski lockersmini kitchendining tableget away
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Hands down, I recommend this hotel. The amenities were fantastic. Heated outdoor pool, which is open for use even in the cold winter months, plenty of shops, nightlife and even ski lockers! I wasn't there in the winter, so I didn't have the opportunity to hit the slopes... but I will definitely plan a trip for next winter. The ONLY downside to this hotel was the staff, they were professional, but not personable. The young lady who had checked us in was not the most polite, but that was the last thing we were concerned about as we enjoyed our stay AND will return regardless. I've heard that a nearby spa, Le Scandinave is exceptional. I would recommend that as well from what I've heard!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Dear CaterinaD,

Thank you for your well titled review of your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House. I am quite pleased that you enjoyed your stay. To be classed as "Awsome" is an exceptional compliment and one that has been well received by our associates.

I cannot express my dissapointment however with regards to the lackluster interaction that you had with our associate upon arrival. This is clearly not the impression that we strive to make during our arrival process and I do hope that this poor level of service quality was experienced with only one of our associates. Your feedback will serve as yet another training tool so that our associates can understand the impact from the guest's perspective of not providing exceptional service encounters at every interaction.

Thank you once agin for your glowing review (and I certainly would second your recomendation for Le Scandinave as it is a wonderful experience) and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

My new husband and I travelled here on our honeymoon.
It is a beautiful place, but next time we will request a room away from the loading dock. All we heard the one night was trucks backing up and we had lights from the trucks lighting up our room. It wasn't unbearable, but not exactly conducive to the quiet environment we were hoping for. We were also a tiny bit disappointed that they knew we were there on our honeymoon and we didn't get anything offered to us.... We weren't completely expecting it, but after hearing about other couples, we were hoping.

We were a little taken back by the parking situation. $15 per night, or $20 to have the valet park, with no other options given. A little steep, in my opinion.... especially in the off season. Underground parking was lovely, but absolutely not worth the $15 per night.

We had a small problem with the toilet not working - we fixed it ourselves once, and then when it didn't work again we told the front desk. At first the response was "Well, it's a big hotel, these things happen." which was a little off putting. However, that said, they did go up and fix it while we were out wandering through the shops.

It was a beautiful place, but I'm not sure that we would stay again. Collingwood is just down the road and has plenty of very nice places with free parking. And at what we were paying per night to stay at the Westin, we would have enjoyed complimentary parking. (As you can see that was a bit of a deal breaker for us - even here in tourist central Niagara Falls, most high end hotels have free parking).

I will recommend the hotel to friends, but there will be a (but) attached to it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndieHeide
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Dear AndieHeide,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review of your experieces during your visit to the Village at Blue Mountain and the Westin Trillium House. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay especially since you were celebrating such a special occasion and you chose to do so with us. You are correct in that we do normally offer something special to our guests celebrating a special occasion, especially if we know in advance of thier arrival. I have asked our managers to remind our associates to act immediately when intuitive information is provided by guests upon arrival so that we may take action accordingly.

I can certainly understand your frustration with our charges for parking as this is a common comment received by our associates and posted on this site. The simple fact of the matter is that the operation of an underground parking garage is not a cost free endevour by any means and when you combine the capital costs of construction (and thus the purchase price of the space to our individual condominium owners - each suite is a private condo on a rental program) there is need for cost recovery. I am sure that you would agree however that the cost of parking would seem insignificant if you had experienced the poor weather that we can sometimes receive being in Ontario's ski country. There are free surface parking options (gravel parking lots) within a brief walk of the hotel however we are unable to promote these options as we do not own those facilities.

Your interaction with one of our associates and their response regarding the malfunctioning toilet is one that perplexes me since that type of response is clearly not one that abides by our extensive service standards. Your commentary has therefore been used as a training tool in an effort to show our associates how not to respond to a guest enquiry. Thank you for that opportunity for our team to hear it from "the guest's perspective"! I am however pleased that we were able to remedy the problem while you were out.

Although I would agree that there are several nice lodging options within the Town of Collingwood and that they may even be cheaper I would argue that none of them (save for a few specialty B&B's) would offer comparible service options, opportunities for dining (in the village or hotel), or even entertainment. All of our surrounding communities have exceptional opportunities for dining, shopping & entertainment but there is simply no comparible combination that also includes exceptional lodging outside of the Village at Blue.

Thank you again for commenting and I do hope that you will reconsider the possibility of visiting with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

When we first walked into the Westin Trillium House in Augest 2010, our first impession was pretty nice, looked clean etc. It was INAINLY crouded, and the line was pretty much out the door. There were only 2 people working at the Check In, very nice ladys trying to help as much as they could. So when we were in line, we see that there is also another 2 familys (both we very young children; 6 or 7) We find out that the room keys arent working, thats why they were there. So, the were cutting infront of all of us, no big deal. It would only take a couple minutes. So suddenly the man infront of us in line starts yelling at the familys to get to the back of the line, and he is cussing and being very rude. The staff didnt do anything, but watch. The young kids were pretty frightened. After that everything went pretty well, rooms were nice, with everything that you would need for a short stay. Left the house keeping a 5 dollar tip (we requested extra tolietres) and the housekeeper Dan gave us PLENTY. At least 7 or more of each requsted. Parking was a little confusing (we parked in the underground parking garage) but you get used to it. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelGal2186
Management response:Responded October 5, 2010

Dear TravelGal2168,

Thank you for taking the time to post a commentary of your August visit to the Village at Blue Mountain and the Westin Trillium House. We are very please that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us though I suspect that you were somehwhat surpised by your check in experience.
August is without a doubt our busiest month here at the hotel and as such we sometimes experience service delays (to be honest I am not too sure why there were only two agents at the desk as there undoubtedly should have been more). Invariably these delays are often felt during check-in time when our arriving guests (after being on the road for two hours or more - sometimes with cranky children) are anxious to get to their suites and begin their vacation. Any kind of delay can further add to accumulated stress with the end result being a blowout not unlike the one you witnessed in our lobby.
Although our associates are well trained in servicing the needs of our guests you can imagine that their discomfort would be similar to yours after witnessing such an unacceptable show of ill manners. Regardless of this fact one of our supervisors could have intervened and for our lack of intervention you have my personal apology.
With respect to your parking experience you hit the nail right on the head! Our building is VERY long with one central bank of elevators making parking a bit of a chore and sometimes confusing. This is one of the reasons why we prefer to offer our valet service to guests in that it further improves their overall experience (though there is an additional charge!).
I won't comment on our generous Housekeeping associate Dan (chuckle) but I am very pleased that he was able to contribute to the enjoyment of your visit.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we do look forward to a return visit.

James B. Henry, General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights and found this hotel to be good but they fell far short on several areas. Here's our feedback

The Room
We had a one bedroom suite. The main room, bathroom and kitchenette were very good. The pull out couch was comfortable, the kitchenette had a full set of dishes, glasses etc and was very nice and well equipped.

The master bedroom was very nice except for the air conditioning unit. The unit was located about 1 foot from the end of the bed. It was very noisy and even though we used ear plugs it was still loud. Also, the bedroom would be cold and the main room/kitchen would be warm. I think we simply got a bad room so may not be a problem in other rooms.

Housekeeping

Very disappointed. On the second day we found food was missing. While the dollar value was minimal, it was disconerting to know the cleaning staff would take items. As a quest at the hotel you place your trust in the hotel that your belongings will not be touched or taken. We complained to management and although we were ultimately compensated we found their reaction to be less than one would expect from a large, well known hotel chain. No apology was offered, just the compensation and only after we complained several times. Mgt should be concerned. If staff are taking items from one guest they are likely doing the same thing to other quests. Good thing we had our valuables locked in the safe

Pool/Hot Tub

Hot tub was great. Pool was okay. We found the pool to be cloudy and on several occasions when I walked in the pool along the outer edge I could literally bury my feet in something (felt like piles of chlorine particles).

Location

Excellent.

If we had a better room that was not so noisy and the housekeeping person hadn't taken our belongings, I would have given this hotel a higher rating. I guess were unlucky in some ways in terms of the room we got and the cleaning person we got.

I would still recommend the hotel but with caution about safeguarding your belongings

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank happywithmirage
Management response:Responded October 5, 2010

Dear Happywithmirage,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your perspective on your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain. I am pleased that you found many aspects of your stay acceptable and you most certainly have my personal apology for the noisy air handling unit and loose sand in our pool. These are unfortunate concerns that are for the most part easily rectified so thank you for addressing them.

I was personally involved in the conversations had by our supervisor regarding your concerns over the missing roll of candy and felt that she dealt with the situation appropriately. In five years of operation our associates have proven to be forthright, honest and dedicated to the service of our guests. Although we have had accusations of theft levied against our associates in the past in every case the missing items were either found by the guest at home or were never lost in the first place. With respect to your particular incident we had no proof (nor reason to believe) that a tenured and senior housekeeping associate would purposely remove candy from your suite though similarly we had no way of determining why it had gone missing. Although we could not determine a cause for the missing candy I authorized our supervisor to deliver personally to your suite a $50 gift certificate to our restaurant as a gesture of good will in hopes that this might mitigate your concern and rebuild your trust in us. Clearly our gesture was misinterpreted and the personal apology of our supervisor was not heard.
Regardless of our difference of opinions regarding the missing candy I truly appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to comment on your stay. Guest feedback is important to us (whether it be good or bad) since it offers us and our tripadvisor readers a perspective that only a visitor to the Trillium could offer in addition to the opportunity to further improve our product and service offering.

James B. Henry, General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our one year wedding anniversary. We came early so they let us check in early to a different room. That was great! But we did not receive an upgrade, probably because the hotel was fairly busy. The thing that we were not impressed about was 25 minutes into us being there, a hotel employee knocked on our door, interrupting us, asking about checking our water? Our room was already cleaned and everything so that was a little weird and rude to us. But other then that the hotel was very clean, the rooms very fairly sound proof, and to top it off, the night we were there they had fireworks, which we could see from our hotel room. That was really nice. All in all we had a great first wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 8, 2010

Dear Bre_16,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experiences while with us last weekend (I am assuming last weekend as we had fireworks for the Labour Day Weekend). It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who have enjoyed what the Village at Blue and the Westin Trillium House have to offer and we are grateful that you wanted to spend such an important occasion with us.

I would however like to offer up some additional information that may help to clarify the minor concerns that you mentioned. Your assumption regarding our inability to offer an upgrade was absolutely correct in that the hotel was fully booked Friday, Saturday & Sunday of the long weekend. We will always attempt to satisfy these types of requests however our ability to do so is predicated by our occupancy and available room types. Your startling visit by one of our houseman is entirely due to your early arrival time. On a daily basis one of our associates inspects each occupied or departed room to determine if the bottled water available for purchase was in fact consumed by the guest. In your case you arrived just prior to this inspection and thus we apologize for the surprise and inconvenience. We must however conduct these inspections otherwise guests who arrive early may unfortunately be charged for items consumbed by the prior guest.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and we look forward to seeing you on your second anniversary!