“An excellent balance between value & convenience”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My teen daughters and I made our annual trek to Blue Mountain for a dance competition this past weekend. We have tried staying in private rented chalets and at other hotels in and around the Village but by far, this past weekend at the Westin was our best experience yet.

We booked a one bedroom with a den (king sized bed in the bedroom, 1 double fold-out in the den and 1 double fold-out in the living area). The room came equipped with a small fridge, 2 burner stovetop, dining table and a dishwasher. It was an ideal setup for a busy weekend. The room was spacious and had three tvs, a fireplace and a small balcony. Lots of room for us to get away from each other (as necessary) and lots of room for us to be together as well. This was especially important for us since our event attendances were either early morning or late night and the weather was rainy and cold - lots of indoor down time! Note that highspeed wifi is at an extra cost - $17.95 for 3 days and you are limited to 3 devices. A bit of a pain but it worked out fine for us.

Service was excellent from Nick at the front door through the reception desk, concierge services and housekeeping staff. Everyone was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. Room service breakfast arrived on time and hot (I despise cold eggs).

I could have easily rented a private chalet for the same price for the weekend (3 nights), but I would have had to take care of my own housekeeping issues (sheets, towels etc.) and food would have certainly been more than a phone call or short walk away. This way, I had the option of either cooking the groceries I brought, ordering from the room service menu, or wandering over to the Village (a very short walk). We were able to save quite a bit of money on food (which can be obscenely expensive in the Village) by using the kitchenette to make (and pack) lunches and snacks.

Noise (which had been an issue for us at the place we were at last year) was minimal. You could hear the people in the hall but not the people in the rooms on either side.

I am a fan of Westin in general and their Heavenly Bed on the king bed didn't disappoint. The teens tell me that the mattresses on the pull-outs were also comfortable and we all slept very well (this is an issue we have run into in private chalet rentals).

All in all, an excellent balance and value for my family for such a busy weekend. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The lobby/bar area is open concept and can get very noisy if the bar is crowded - it's a bit of...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went up for the weekend to relax and get away from the city for a few days. The hotel is perfectly situated at the foot of Blue Mountain and is really ideal if you're planning on going skiing or using the hill in the summer months. The lobby is renovated, large and feels like other Westin properties. The rooms themselves are very nice, they feel renovated in some places with nice TVs, clean kitchen spaces and large bathrooms. A few issues at this hotel:

1) The parking is an extra $15/day and because you're in the middle of nowhere you have no choice except to pay for it....essentially if you stay here add $15/day onto your room bill
2) The hotel has only one elevator right in the middle and the property is VERY long. This means if you are positioned at either end of the long zig-zagging hallways you will have a long walk each time you want to leave your room. This is especially cumbersome if you have gear to take with you and/or groceries.
3) Be aware that only a couple of the rooms have ovens, the kitchenette means a stove top only (if you're lucky) and a microwave. Check in advance before you plan to cook all your meals there. Also no BBQs
4) The pool and hot tubs are incredibly busy and full of kids at all times. Maybe it was just the weekend we were up, but I wouldn't come here expecting calm and tranquil spa facilities!

Otherwise nice staff, clean rooms, mediocre brunch buffet. I would probably try out somewhere else next time given how expensive it is.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room close to the elevators and facing the mountain, I imagine rooms backing ont...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William C
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you William C. for your reveiew It contains excellent feedback, I am pleased you found the rooms clean and updated, the location desirable and our associates nice. I thought perhaps I might take the opportunity, in case you find an occassion to return to the Westin , to offer some suggestions that may assist in alleviating or reducing the issues you experienced.
1) 24 hour Valet Parking is $20.00 and 24 hour Self Parking is $15.00; these fees provide access for our guests to our secure underground parking. If you prefer, there are free parking lot options in close proximity to the hotel. At check in directions to these lots can be provided. When the weather is good the 2-5 minute walk (depending upon the lot you select) to the hotel is quite enjoyable.
2) You are correct our hallways are quite long; for arrivals and departures may I suggest you use our Service Express Attendants/Bellman Service, available 24 hours in the lobby, at the door, and by calling Service Express. These will unburden you from all of your luggage, they will also take your ski's to your ski locker, your bike to our bike storage and park your vehicle. Upon departure, for your convenince, they can take all your luggage and pack your vehicle in the driveway or the underground parking garage.
3) All of our Delxue Guest Rooms have microwave and a mini /fridge, One Bedroom Suites have a two burner stove top, mini fridge, and a dishwasher, all Two Bedroom and larger suites Full Kitchens. I believe this is specifically on our room descriptions based upon your comments I will confirm and ensure our descriptions are not misleading. Thank you for bringing this to our attention for review.
4) We are a family focused resort and enjoy having many children in the hotel during usual family vacation times July/August, School Breaks, however I am assuming you may have been here this past weekend which would not typically be so busy for families. However the Resort was the chosen destination for a large dance competition and we did have some of the competitors staying with us. I truly apologize if this distracted from your experience.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My family and I just spent the Easter weekend here. It was our first time to Blue Mountain, we were so impressed with the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. It was our 10th wedding anniversary and they gave us a box of chocolates and a card to mark the occasion, very nice touch. The kids loved the hotel especially the pool. The rooms had lots of space and were very clean. The food was delicious in Oliver and Bonaccini's restaurant. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Blue Mountain.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing The Westin as the location to celebrate this important event. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for your recommendations.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my fourth stay at Westin Trillium house, I stayed with my wife and kids. This was our first visit to Blue Mountain during the off season, so the resort was unusually empty, walking around the village it felt more like a ghost town than a resort area. During our last visit to Westin (August 2013), my wife and I were slightly disappointed, we felt that the place was starting to show excess wear, the hallways had worn wall sconces with yellow and burnt lampshades causing the halls to feel all gloomy, and the rooms needed to be refreshed. So when I booked Westin this time I was pleasantly surprised to see that they changed all the corridor lighting, and updated the room (I am not sure if all the rooms have all been updated). These changes helped the place feel more in keeping with the room rates, being the most expensive place to stay in the village I feel that it should not feel run down. With that being said our two nights stay was excellent, they even gave me a 3pm checkout at no charge. They really won me back with this visit and I will be recommending and staying at the Westin again in the future.

3  Thank Steve P
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, November 2013 saw the completion of renovations on all our guest rooms, corridors, and public space. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin and appreciate all your recommendations. Thank You!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The stay was a birthday gift. It was even better than I thought it would be. The rooms are great, beds are comfy. The outdoor pool and hot tubs are good any time of the year. Views are great. Close walk to the village. Overall a very nice place to stay for the weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the village. If you get one on the other side the view is really not that gre...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased we were able to exceed your expecations, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your birthday! We enjoy playing host location for special occassions!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were a group of 8 ladies celebrating a birthday. From our arrival until our departure the costumer service was outstanding! Our suite was decorated with decorations that one of our friend sent by courier one week prior to our arrival. Sarah Terry - Front Desk attendant was extremely helpful and accommodating. The birthday girl received a greeting card with a box of chocolate signed by the Service Express staff which was a lovely gesture!
We can confirm that the beds -Heavenly Bed- are in deed outstanding!
We will definitely used this amazing place for our celebrations!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just stayed at the Westin for one night and overall, it was a good hotel. It was clean, good layout, nice rooms and bedding. There were only a few things that I thought could be improved. First, the parking situation. I was told that just past the hotel, there is an outdoor lot that you could park for free. When i got there, the pot holes were huge and it was pretty much a muddy pit. We were all filthy by the time we got out of the car and walked to the hotel. Later when we were returning from elsewhere, we went to park and the lot was full. I ended up having to go the hotel and using the valet anyway. Do yourselves a favour and just pay for the valet or the underground parking from the moment you arrive. Second, the TVs in the hotel are awful. To change the channel, you have to press the buttons forever while sticking you arm straight up over your head. It was torture to try to watch TV. Last, the fireplace in the room did not work. We ended up having to call the front desk but this was minor, and maintenance came up quickly to fix it. Overall it was a lovely stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I am pleased to learn that overall our facilities, you had a lovely stay and that you would return. Which of course we hope is soon. In regards to the parking lot adjacent to the hotel, I agree with you after the long winter this year the parking lot is not ideal. I will speak to our service express agents and disuade them from recommending as a free parking alternative as the area is not owned by the Westin nor is it maintained by the hotel so we have limited control over the experience it provides for our guests. With regards to the TV's, I can understand your frustration. It is acutally not the TV, recently the technology for the systems that provide our on demand movies and cable have changed. We have an update on this technology, being done by a third party, schedule for later this spring. So I'm pleased to inform that if you return for a visit this summer you will see the speed in which the channels deliver improved.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 16 in Blue Mountains

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!