My teen daughters and I made our annual trek to Blue Mountain for a dance competition this past weekend. We have tried staying in private rented chalets and at other hotels in and around the Village but by far, this past weekend at the Westin was our best experience yet.
We booked a one bedroom with a den (king sized bed in the bedroom, 1 double fold-out in the den and 1 double fold-out in the living area). The room came equipped with a small fridge, 2 burner stovetop, dining table and a dishwasher. It was an ideal setup for a busy weekend. The room was spacious and had three tvs, a fireplace and a small balcony. Lots of room for us to get away from each other (as necessary) and lots of room for us to be together as well. This was especially important for us since our event attendances were either early morning or late night and the weather was rainy and cold - lots of indoor down time! Note that highspeed wifi is at an extra cost - $17.95 for 3 days and you are limited to 3 devices. A bit of a pain but it worked out fine for us.
Service was excellent from Nick at the front door through the reception desk, concierge services and housekeeping staff. Everyone was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. Room service breakfast arrived on time and hot (I despise cold eggs).
I could have easily rented a private chalet for the same price for the weekend (3 nights), but I would have had to take care of my own housekeeping issues (sheets, towels etc.) and food would have certainly been more than a phone call or short walk away. This way, I had the option of either cooking the groceries I brought, ordering from the room service menu, or wandering over to the Village (a very short walk). We were able to save quite a bit of money on food (which can be obscenely expensive in the Village) by using the kitchenette to make (and pack) lunches and snacks.
Noise (which had been an issue for us at the place we were at last year) was minimal. You could hear the people in the hall but not the people in the rooms on either side.
I am a fan of Westin in general and their Heavenly Bed on the king bed didn't disappoint. The teens tell me that the mattresses on the pull-outs were also comfortable and we all slept very well (this is an issue we have run into in private chalet rentals).
All in all, an excellent balance and value for my family for such a busy weekend. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, just two hours northwest of Toronto is nestled between the shores of Georgian Bay and the heights of the Niagara Escarpment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Westin Collingwood
- Westin Trillium Hotel Blue Mountain
- Collingwood Westin
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Blue Mountains, Ontario