“Great hotel, Great location - Service lacked.”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked their Trillium Suite for my birthday. My wife does not ski and I do. I requested a check-in as early as they can. They assured me it would be ready for 12:00 to 1:00. I know they cannot guarantee early check-in but the desk clerk said it would be no problem. I went to the desk at 2:00 and was told the room would not be ready for another hour and a half. We went back again at 4:00 (actual check-in time) and it still was not ready. By 4:45 we were finally able to get into the room. Being told by the front desk clerk that we could check-in latest 1:00 and not being able to get into the room until 4:45 is a shame.

We spent almost $1000 for a nights stay and my request was not fulfilled. That was very disappointing.

Once we got into the room it was beautiful and huge. Very fun room to have a birthday in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jordan L
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

I am very pleased that you selected our hotel to spend this birthday weekend and your room once you got in was a fun place to celebrate. I would like to extend my personal apologies, as I can see clearly when I read your post, there must have been a communication breakdown on our part between houskeeping and the front desk. We feel honoured to be involved in our guest's special celebrations and it is disappointing when we fail to deliver upon requests as we are aware that it is these requests that truly create the special experiences and memories. I hope there is a future opportunity for us to make it up to you!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel was amazing. The rooms were unique, new, and had the best smelling shampoo and soap I've ever smelled in my life. The hot tub outside was amazing, and this hotel is a couple minutes walk from a beautiful outdoor shopping centre. My family and I really enjoyed this hotel and we certainly would love to come back during the snowboarding season

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank T B
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed the white tea scented amenities! We also hope to see you back for the Snowboarding season. The conditions on the hill could not be better!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for our anniversary. We called the day before to ask if we could get a early check in, the receptionist said she would make a note of it. We arrived 2 hours before regular check in and our room was ready, they had upgraded us to a one bedroom suite and there was a card signed by the staff wishing us a happy anniversary and a box of chocolates. How amazing and what a wonderful surprise! The room was amazing, beautiful layout, bathroom was big and luxurious and the bed was amazing! We enjoyed our stay and we even got a late check out which was wonderful after a night of skiing and then a late dinner at one of the wonderful restaurants in the village. The staff were all friendly, the hotel was very clean, rooms spacious, clean and well supplied with the essentials. Would defiantly recommend this hotel and we will be back again next year!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vera D

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to spend your anniversary! We also very much appreciate your recomendations to your friends and family. We hope to see you back for another special celebration.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We enjoyed it immensely with the kids...Very central to all activities. Beds were awesome.
I would recommend the self-parking ($15.00 charge) but well worth it...the free parking at the village is way too crazy and cars are parked anywhere. Don't risk it. Overall, the 1-night stay was abit pricey but again very convenient location (heart of the Blue Mountain Village).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ernietomatoes

Thank you for choosing The Westin for your family getaway! I'm pleased to hear the kids enjoyed themselves. The outdoor heated pool is usually a real hit with the kids.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed there in January 2014. The location is perfect for skiers/snowboarders. The hill is right outside your door and easy access to the village.
There is also a skating rink outside the hotel doors. My son (aged 13) loved it. He spent 2 hrs skating on it with some friends he made there.
Great restaurants around.
The rooms are large and spacious. There is a small fridge, microwave and cooktop. The beds are wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mcgilrx

After spending two hours on the Millpond Skating, I can understand why the Heavenly Bed felt so good! I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the area amenities.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I don't hand out excellent rating's often but The Westin Trillium House earned it this trip since we had a perfect birthday Staycation.

I booked Jan 10-11 for a Fri/Sat on cash & points as an SPG Platinum member and finally received a better than expected upgrade to room 340 with a full kitchen and central location as requested...I emailed ahead and it was offered at check-in. Big room with full size appliances, a large kitchen/table counter top, dining table for 6, with a separate king bedroom with a adjoining large bathroom with separate shower and soaker tub. As a special touch the front desk on their own initiative arranged for a family members pre-booked room to be moved to an adjoining room so we had lots of shared space. 340 also has one of the larger balconies (Balcony above also shelters this one from the rain) and faces the village with the restaurant directly below.

I took my Plat amenity as 2-free breakfasts per day at the Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill and it was nice to see the coupon for the off site village breakfast was discontinued....much better to stay at the hotel for that benefit.

Restaurant - We really like the Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill and rarely eat off site. Great food at a reasonable price for where it is. Wine a bit pricy by the glass. This location is relatively Gluten-Free Friendly and has options for dinner and breakfast.

Parking - Still $15 and underground. Free parking is available in a nearby gravel lot but really to far to walk and unsecure.

Cleaning - Very good with one exception of a less than clean comforter that was replaced asap.

Staff - All staff we friendly and helpful. Top marks for the front desk for being so helpful and finding us the right room made the difference between a very good stay and an excellent one.

SPG Recognition - Very good here and they try harder for Plat's now. All expectations meet. I emailed a request one week in advance and the reply and result was professional.

We find this Westin the best place to stay in Blue Mountain....never cheap but the staff and facility are worth the extra stretch for a premium stay.

Room Tip: We like the Village views but sometimes the Village brings out the inner Hillbilly in people from mi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TM643

I very much appreciate you recognizing the changes we are making and I'm extremely pleased to see your comment's in regards to our platinum recognition. In our very busy holiday season requests are very challenging for us to accommodate but we have been working on some solutions and it seems they are working! Thank you!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at the hotel from Jan. 5 to Jan. 8 2014. Hotel is located in the village with easy walk to everything; food, runs, shopping, shuttle stop is right in front of the hotel, parking is $15/day, pet friendly.
-Arrived around noon (check in is at 4pm) and tried to get to our room early. Front desk advised our room was not ready and would be another hour. Ok, had lunch came back, still not ready, after the third try Kate was very helpful made a phone call to get status and changed us to a room with a mountain view on the top floor, very nice.
-Room had a queen size bed, queen sofa bed (which was comfortable as a sofa), gas fireplace which worked quite well,(almost too hot), in-room safe, kitchenette with microwave, small empty fridge, complimentary coffee and tea, dishes, glasses, cutlery, table for two, limited closet space for two people with bulky ski clothing and gear but room itself is spacious enough to spread out
-Room was clean and well allocated, enough room to move around, flat screen TV on swivel, DVD player, and has a small balcony
-Bathroom is a good size with rain head and hand held showerheads, bathrobes, plush towels, good amount of toiletries, hairdryer
-Property has small gym, small sauna, heated outdoor pool, right next to the skating rink, kids outdoor play area, and a restaurant serving breakfast lunch and dinner at comparable prices to the other restaurants in the village and food was good
-Free village shuttle takes you around the resort, runs frequently throughout the day and night until 10pm but you can still call and get picked up after hours.
-Short walk to the slopes (literally)
Overall, very good property, rooms were clean and spacious, staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place over other lodging within the village (we checked out two other hotels while we were there and preferred this one) and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: stay on a higher floor with a mountain view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rootsgal27

Thank you for taking the time in providing a thorough and thoughtful reveiw. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 17 in Blue Mountains

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!