“very satisfied at westin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“very satisfied at westin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

i was happy staying at westin.
perfect location. very nice and clean hotel. luxurius and beautiful. decent service by friendly staff too.
hard to find anyting bad about this hotel.
my next trip to blue mountain, i will go back to westin.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank litefire
WestinGM1498, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear dadboss,

Happy to hear that we will be seeing you back again and pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for posting your wonderful commentary and we look forward to your return.

James Henry, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain on the August long weekend.

This is our second stay at the hotel and overall we were pleased, it's probably the nicest hotel in the Collingwood area.

Check-In - Upon checking in, I was told that my room was not ready but could be put into another room that was. I'm not sure why my room wouldn't be ready as check-in time is at 4:00pm and I didn't check in until 4:45pm, but whatever. I think they need to be more efficient with their cleaning to ensure that rooms are ready on time because, had I shown up at 4pm and not had a room ready for me, I would have been very upset.

We had a deluxe room with a fireplace. The room was a nice size and very clean. The fire place didn't work when we got to the room so we put in a service call and someone was at our door within 5 minutes. The problem was quickly and professionally resolved. We had a room facing the front of the hotel and it does get noisy with the traffic out front and people talking loudly late at night so you have to keep your windows closed.

There seems to be some confusion with bed size at this particular Westin hotel - I'm not sure why they sell double-sized beds as Queen Size. They must be very confused as to size dimensions. This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel and had to sleep in a very tiny bed. Now we are not large people by any means, I'm only 5'3 and my husband is only 5'5, we are petite people and even we found the bed to be unusually small which was somewhat uncomfortable (although the comfort of the bed aside from size is good).

We did not eat at O&B but have in the past at this location and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

I had a workout in the gym one morning and it was a nice little facility to get a morning workout, it was rather busy the morning I was there.

Overally, I would recommend this resort. I would say it's the nicest in Collingwood - close to the village and ample underground parking (charge of $15 per night for this). For what they charge for rooms, you would think they include wifi but they don't, it costs $10 for 24 hours of service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Walljo,

Thank you for providing such a detailed and thorough commentary on your recent visit to the Trillium House. We are very pleased that for the most part you enjoyed your time with us and that in those instances were you required service we were able to attend to your concerns quickly. You have our apologies if your arrival experience was not up to standard and that we needed to start your fireplace.

As I have stated in other posts ( and what you experienced) we generally are able to arrive most of our guests after our prescribed check in time of 4pm. On days were we have a large volume of departures and heavy arrivals it can be difficult to have every room available at 4pm. Our inventory is such however that most arrivals can be accommodated except for those requesting specific views or locations within the property. We can normally offer accommodation in the requested room type (which we do guarantee) however a delay may be experienced is special requests must be met (which we do not guarantee). It is important however to ensure that we are aware of these kinds of requests in advance as we will always attempt to satisfy them regardless fo business volume.

We do in fact turn off our fireplace units during the summer months. We have a very energy efficient building and we find that even the modest heat thrown off by the pilot lights can sometimes impact cooling during very hot periods. We will however dispatch an associate upon request to light the pilot is a guest so wishes during the summer months. Apparently you were not informed of this.

Your comments on the size of our queen beds is not surprising as I have received them before. I have always been quite amazed at how many people have this perspective however I can assure you and our readers that there are no double beds in this hotel! Take it from the person responsible for ordering them (me) that we only have full size queens and hotel kings (that are 6 inches narrower than a standard king - but the same length) in this property. I have only been able to surmise that the tight layouts in a few of our rooms (alcoves, coffered cielings, many corners) may contribute to the perception of a smaller sized bed but the specific measurements are in fact those a full sized queen.

In the end we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon. When you choose to travel again please reach out to me personally so I may ensure that you are assigned a suite with a king rather than a queen - that should solve our sizing problem!

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been to the Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain a few times, but this was my first trip going with a group. It was for a Women's Retreat that our church organizes every year. We were taken care of beyond our expectations and were so thankful for a time that we will always remember!

We booked 2 rooms, which was more than enough space to accommodate all of us. We had a 1 Bedroom Suite and a 2 Bedroom suite, which both overlooked the village and were close to each other which was another touch the hotel made note of. Both rooms were beautifully decorated, functional, and modern. The full kitchen in the 2 Bedroom was great for all of our cooking we did; couldn't have asked for more!

You really need to go there and experience it for yourself. From the moment you pull up outside of the hotel, the staff is there to assist you! What first-class treatment!

We used one of the meeting rooms and it was fantastic. What a great use of space that is convenient for any type of meeting. I highly recommend it! We were in the "Tremblant 1" meeting room. It was huge, functional, and beautifully decorated.

I must say that I brag about this hotel to pretty much anyone I come across and it's because of the excellent service I receive no matter how many times I visit or who I go with.

The Westin Trillium House is a perfect getaway, just a short drive from Toronto, ON and it continues to be my #1 spot for all my celebrations!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Carmenmessam,

It is always a pleasure to host such an advocate for our Hotel and our team and especially this time around since you brought your church group along for the ride! It is nice to know that we have guests who want to share their experiences with others and have the faith in our team to make sure that those experiences are the same or better each time around. Thank you so very much for posting your commentary and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Alliston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed just one night for our anniversary and enjoyed the village but the hotel, though nice, is not worth the price you pay. We are totally spoiled by Intrawest Resorts.

The staff was very good - front desk signed an anniversary card for us and had it delivered to our room. Nice.

Room Tip: Our balcony overlooked a road way not the pool side. We sat out in the morning with our coffee and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CGEYER
Dear CGEYER,

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for choosing the Westin Trillium House for your anniversary getaway. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that our associates were able to have an impact during your stay. We certainly look forward you coming again and would like to remind you and our readers that our prices are often nicely discounted in the Fall and Spring or mid-week during the Winter. We truly are a four season resort so feel free to come back up.

Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife 2 kids and grandparent just returned from Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain after two nights staying in their 2 bedroom suite. I have stayed at the hotel before and from the moment I am in the "Blue Mountains" area I am always amazed, similarly I love driving up to the Trillium House's front entry as it is so regal and elegant. We arrived around 4pm and got right into our room. When arriving at our room we were surprised to find a box of chocolate welcoming us back, that made my 4 year old very happy and even more excited. The suite was very nice with a large kitchen, the first bedroom had a big king bed in it with a crib we requested for our 15 month old and a nice bathroom; the other bedroom had to queens which my parents and 4 year stayed in which again a nice bathroom. We were very appreciative of the cribs size and structure as our baby slept like well a baby both nights.

The three things I enjoyed most about my stay was:

First where it is situated! It is in the heart of everything that is happening at Blue Mountain, the infrastructure that been built around the Blue Mountain, with all the shops, restaurants, activities, even a large pond. It’s not a typical hotel it is a hotel connected to a small community of “pleasure and delight“ as my Mom said.

Second the amount of activities available for kids! On the 2 days we stayed it was a little windy so we required activities that were not outside and the Westin had the answer an indoor large splash pad and connected pool. My kids loved it and we spent most of the day there. As well they have a kids activity room full of kids games and activities. They also had many other indoor activities but those two activities kept us very busy! Those two things complimented the multitude of outdoor activities we did very nicely.

Third the pleasant helpful Staff! I said it the first time we were up and I have to say it again the staff at the Trillium Westin is by far the nicest, most engaging, courteous staff I have encountered when on vacation. Small things such as walking down a hallway passing each other and being engaged with “Hi how are you today”, to meeting a staff in the elevator and having them talk to us about what we have been up to that day. They are warm and caring which we really appreciated.

My one critical comment and this was disappointing…. that I made the decision to stay only 2 nights and not three.
Robert

Room Tip: Get a room facing the villiage it is a very nice view. I have read on this site that it is loud but...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robert403,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post such a heartfelt and thorough review of your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House. Our entire team has read your review and are overjoyed that they were able to have such an impact on you and your family while you were here with us and that your visit was so enjoyable. They especially liked the comment made by your mother regarding the village as it made them all smile wide!!

Thank you once again for posting and we most certainly look forward to your family's return. Do not hesitate to contact us directly prior to your next arrival so we may ensure that your next visit is better than the last.

Toronto, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We enjoyed the Westinvery much. The deluxe room was unfortunately really too small as we needed the sofabed and then you coul barely move around in the room. As a Starwood Member I would have appreciated an upgrade as they also couldn't accommodate the village view we preferred. The so-called dream beds were not comfortable for us - not firm enough, hard on the back.
Oath wise, an all around good experience though and really great staff at check in/checkout. Would have been helpful to let guests know about evening fire pits as we would have incorporated this into our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Connie D,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to the Trillium House and the Blue Mountain Village. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us even though we were unable to accommodate your special requests. You certainly have our apologies if your Heavenly Bed experience was a bit on the soft side for your liking. For the most part we are always pleased to honour SPG Member requests for upgrades and special requests however at certain times during the year they are simply impossible to accommodate for all of our guests. Do however to continue requesting them since if you don't ask in advance it is even more unlikely upon arrival. Thank you once again for recommending us and we look forward to your return.

James Henry
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The rooms were small and they were costly. The guest service was poor & horrible.
They did not accommodate our needs at all. We had to wait an extra hour to check in- and then they made an issue about checking out late.
Their dog policies are stupid because you can't leave the dog in the room ever unattended.
They don't have place mats for the table..... No shower caps.... The list goes on. Disappointment for a Starwood company.
Worst experience ever.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Canbaby
Dear Canbaby,

We are truly sorry that your recent visit to the Trillium House failed to live up to your expectations. A quick review of this site and others would show that your experience is certainly not the norm for this hotel and this team. We are grateful for the feedback that you have provided for our Tripadvisor readers.

With respect to our rooms we have a wide variety of rooms available ranging from our standard 410 square foot deluxe units to our 600 square foot one bedroom suites or our even larger lofts, dens and 1,100 square foot two bedroom units. For a very special occasion we even have two units that encompass over 1,500 square feet each. So we do feel that there are several options for guests who choose to visit all at varying pricepoints for different budgets (prices do vary by season and volume demand).

During our busier summer periods arrivals can be delayed if guests have detailed requests for specific views or locations within the hotel. Our prescribed check in time is normally 4pm and in most cases we can accommodate our arrivals however in order to satisfy specific requests delays may be experienced. It is for this reason that we guarantee room type only and can not realistically guarantee that a request for a specific view or specific room will be satisfied. It is important however to ensure that these requests are made in advance so that we are aware as we will always attempt to make them happen regardless of business volume. in rare instances delays can be experienced even if a request has not been made. These incidents can be caused by delays in housekeeping, delays in guest departure, high volumes of guests trying to arrive prior to check-in, etc. In each case we do our best to accommodate and ensure that our arriving guests are comfortable. Being a resort hotel there are plenty of activities to occupy the time of guests as they await the readiness of their suite.

As I have stated in other posts our Heavenly Pet Program is very popular with our guests however we do have strict guidelines that must be followed to ensure that other guests are not impacted by furry travellers left behind in suites. Although every pet owner feels that their dog is always well behaved the fact of the matter is that no one really knows what a lonely dog will do when their master leaves them in new and strange surroundings by themselves. A loud dog barking can impact many other guests and it is the dog owner who will ultimately be responsible if those guests register complaints. We recognize of course that pet owners need to get away and we have secured a pet service that will come and retrieve their pet for a nominal fee should the need arise.

Thank you once again for conveying your perspective as it has allowed me to clarify a few points to our readers. Once again we apologize for our failure to live up to your expectations and we do hope that you reconsider a return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#3 of 16 in Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!