Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
  • Pool
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
  • Pool
The Blue Mountain Lodge(Blue Mountains)
Cranberry Resort(Collingwood)
1,322 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantoutdoor poolsmall kitchenettelate checkhotel is beautifuloverlooking the villageski lockersmini kitchendining tableunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I travel to Collingwood approx. 4 times a year and absolutely love staying at the Westin in the Village. The signature smell upon entry into the lobby always reminds me that I am on holidays at my favourite place. The pool is usually clean and warm and the hot tubs are great. The rooms are large and views are fabulous if you are "village" view, if not the view isn't the best. It is a great place for family vacation. Larger rooms have 3 tvs, luxurious bathrobes, and great kitchens... Perfect home away from home. No need to eat out if cost is a factor. Service is quick if anything is missing or in need of repair. Will definitely continue to stay there!

Room Tip: Village View
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
WestinGM1498, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear LLoyd_8484,

We are glad to hear that we are a favorite destination and can certainly reciprocate the sentiment after reading a review like this - thank you. We are so pleased that enjoyed your time with us and we most certainly look forward to a return visit. Thanks Again and see you next time.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It is at the upper side of the price scale but you get what you pay for. Nice heated pool and hot tub. Rooms were great. Seperate show and bath. We stated in the 1 bedroom suite and it was perfect for us traveling with our 2 boys. There highlight was catching frogs all day at the frog catching pond which is encouraged with rules to put them back. Loved the place. Very expensive dining but it is fine dining. They do have the wild wings there so that was good. Everything else is fine dining. Even breakfast. Wow that place was expensive. Bring your own food.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear JulieR0bin,

Thank you for reaching out to us and our readers on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit to the Westin Trillium and the Blue Mountain Village. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and grateful for the feedback you have provided our readers - it should prove most helpful. We do hope to see you back soon

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Loved the westin! Hate their 20$ valet parking. While I can appreciate that it isnt unheard of to charge 20$ for valet parking I thought the westin would show more class than that. Include it in the price if you must westin, but honestly- it just leaves me feeling nickel and dimed. Even self park was 15$.... what a joke. I left for 30 minutes to go into Collingwood... that cost me ANOTHER 20$ to re-valet the car. Total: $ 40 spent on parking a car... ugh. Room was great; we had a one bedroom suite it ha lots of room and a fabulous balcony. Service was super friendly. It's really important to read the resort guide in the rooms..Pretty much anything you could possibly forget and needs is available free of charge by asking (band-aids, tooth brush.....) we had a great time and I would certainly stay there again....only I won't- because of their valet nickel and diming.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear mrkj0090,

Although I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time spent here at Blue Mountain and the Westin Trillium House I am a bit perplexed by your review of our parking service. We are however grateful for the feedback as it offers us the opportunity to remind our Tripadvisor readers about what to expect when they visit.

Parking is a service that we provide for a charge due to the fact that we have built, maintain and operate a rather extensive underground, climate controlled parking garage with secure direct access to the Hotel. We also offer a complimentary self park option at the various gravel surface lots located around the resort if guest so choose to use them (not the most convenient in the rain, snow or mud). We charge a flat self park rate of $15 per day (not per entry) for self parking in our underground facility and a nominal $5 surcharge for our valet attendants to park your car if you wish. These are flat fees not per entry fees and you can come and go (or have your car retrieved & parked) as often as you wish. My first question to anyone asking about our parking fees is to ask them to try and remember where they were last able to park in such a facility for free? My last visit to a Toronto Hotel cost me $43 per day for parking in addition to the room charge :-).

Thank you once again for reaching out and providing your perspective on the Trillium House. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us and if you do choose to visit again we will hold a spot for you in our surface lot next door.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel in Blue Mountain. We were upgraded to a room with separate living area and kitchenette. My partner really appreciated being able to hire a New Balance gym kit for a nominal amount.
Only downside - you really need a car!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Great-George

Dear Great George,

It is always a pleasure to host overseas visitors and we are very pleased that you came away with a great impression of the resort and the Trillium House. Our Westin Gear Lending Program has become quite popular with our guests and is available at every Westin Hotel Worldwide. I would have to agree that if you wish to experience what our region has to offer a car would be most convenient. We have some very inviting communities, destinations and events all within a very short drive from the resort that are not to be missed when you make the trek to Georgian Bay. Thank you once again for reaching out and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was Good, not Great.

I stayed there last week as part of a convention. The room I was assigned to was on the 4th floor (the hotel is mid-rise and the highest floor is 5th). The room itself was very small but they managed to fit in a queen-sized bed, a sofa bed and even a fridge and microwave. Optimum use of space but while it is billed as being large enough for 4 guests, you'd feel a little squeezed.

As with other Westins, the bed was very comfortable - what is it they call it? Heavenly? - but the duvet had what appeared to be ketchup or chilli sause stain. Strike One.

The next morning, I saw the Globe & Mail in front of many of the rooms but not mine. Instead, there is a pile by the elevator which are for the "other" guests to help themselves. If they are delivering the newspaper to what appears to be over 70% of the rooms, what is the additional effort to deliver to all occupied rooms? Strike Two.

The amenities in the bathroom are somewhat lacking. While there were two bathrobes, two soaps, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion and mouthwash, there was no sewing kit, no shoe polish cloth and no Q-tips/cotton buds/emory boards. Strike Three.

Perhaps my expectations are too high, but a Westin "Resort" ought to live up to its name. This one came up just a bit short. All in all - Good but by no means, Great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank udomeidouwedo

Dear udomeidouwedo,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an honest commentary regarding your recent conference visit to the Westin Trillium House. We are grateful for the feedback and pleased that overall you did seem to enjoy your time with us. The concerns that you have mentioned are valid and we are always pleased to receive this kind of feedback especially when it relates to our housekeeping service.

With respect to the delivery of newspapers I can certainly understand your frustration and if in the the same position I might have had the same perception. One of the perks of our Starwood Preferred Guest Program (SPG) is the complimentary delivery of newspapers each morning. We make those same papers available for all guests at convenient locations throughout the hotel. Considering the fact that between 60 & 65 per cent of our guests are in fact SPG members that means that quite a few are delivered each morning. If you would like please feel free to contact me personally and I would be more than pleased to register you as an SPG member so that you may enjoy the same perks and benefits as our frequent travelers.

As for the "missing" amenities in your suite here too I can see your perspective. All of those items are in fact available on request from our Service Express Department. Several years ago the Westin Brand initiated a program known as "Clutter to Calm" that involved removing all extraneous and infrequently used amenity items from the suite. The program was designed to clean up the appearance of the suites and quite frankly reduce costs (those types of amenities are more often damaged by guests than actually used by them). We indicate in our guest room compendium (directory) an extensive list of personal items that are available 24 hours a day and that our associates are pleased to deliver to your suite.

Thank you once again for reaching out and I do hope that the information I have provided may have improved your impression of the Trillium House just a bit. Here is hoping that our Good will change to Great on your next visit.