Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
$153
$129
  • Pool
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
$114
$129
Agoda.com
Meaford Motel & Restaurant(Meaford)(Great Value!)
$70
$97
  • Fitness center
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,330 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantoutdoor poolsmall kitchenettelate checkhotel is beautifuloverlooking the villageski lockersmini kitchendining tableunderground parking
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are frequent guests at this hotel; most recently we stayed over New Year's and I wanted to review the 2 bedroom suite with adjoining studio!

The suite was amazing! One bedroom had a queen bed with adjoining 3 piece bathroom (the shower was HUGE)! The other bedroom had an ensuite 4 piece bathroom (the soaking tub was huge!)! The large, fully equipped kitchen had a lot of storage space and came in very handy for breakfasts! The dining table sat 6 and the breakfast bar sat another 3! Each bedroom had its' own television and there was also one in the main living area!

The adjoining studio room was a nice size and had a full bathroom with tub / shower combo.

I noticed on the room key that the hotel 'loans' out running shoes during your stay. Since I hadn't packed mine, I took advantage of this perk and found it very helpful! The gym is basic and a bit small, but had all the equipment I'd want for a quick workout!

The location is perfect! Close enough to walk to the pedestrian village (2 mins. max), but far enough away to not hear any of the noise!

One issue we had with the hotel was conflicting information. For example, I was told the 2 bedroom suite does not have 2 full bathrooms -- just one full bath and a powder room (2 pce bathroom). However such was not the case (thankfully!)! Also we were told they don't have any connecting studios with the 2 bedroom suite, but they indeed connected (we kept the doors open our entire stay).

Another issue we had was housekeeping. On our second day, I noted the toilet was not cleaned. When I called "service express" they told me bathrooms are not cleaned every day. Being shocked at hearing this, I asked what do they do? I was told they only replace the towels and refresh supplies as needed during stays. Cleaning of the bathrooms is only done if requested. Seems very strange for a room that was almost $1,000.00 per night. In any case I told them we wanted a full clean of all bathrooms for the remainder of our stay. Another strange thing, I prefer liquid body soap, but we were only supplied with bars of soap. I called and requested bottles of shower gel and was told they are only given if specifically requested. They did bring 4 bottles straight away.

One more issue! One day of our stay housekeeping didn't come to the room until almost 5pm. We were all in the room after a long day of skiing and it was VERY inconvenient timing. I don't know if it was because we were in the room or not, but they were in and out in less than 8 minutes.

Regarding ice, since our freezer didn't have an ice cube tray, they delivered a very large bag of ice to our room, which lasted for the duration of our stay!

We ate in the restaurant (Oliver and Bonacini) once and the service was appalling. Even after we spoke with the manager the service did not improve (an hour passed between when we ordered our appetizers and when we received them). I will note though that the restaurant is not owned by the hotel. The food was very good, but I would not return.

The outdoor pool is kept very warm and is so nice to swim in while there is snow on the ground! We visited it 4 timed during our stay!

Both rooms were ready on arrival (before check-in time) and very clean!

Would we stay here again? I'd have to say yes -- at least until they build a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ONskigirl
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were really looking forward to this stay over New Year's Eve, unfortunately the stay was a complete disappointment. I recommend staying in Blue Mountain, just not at the Westin.

To start, there was confusing transportation information on the website, so I called for recommendations on how to get to the hotel from Toronto's airport. Once I got the "right" person on the phone, I asked specifically for a car and the woman didn't understand what I was referencing. After asking about a cab, a car service or a limo, she eventually directed me to another number. That number was disconnected, so I called back and she gave me a different one. When we got to the airport, we went to get our "car", which ended up being a ride in the back of a van for 2 1/2 hours. We missed some important work calls because of the noise and lost our sanity in the last-row seats.

Once we got to the actual hotel, they told us we couldn't use "visa debit" (a very normal debit card), although it has been used all over the world (including a dozen other SPG properties, three specifically in Canada). We settled with another card, but the desk attendant was so distracted she picked up her walkie talkie four times during our transaction to help other people (none of which were present-- we were the only people in front of her) which made her ask us questions twice (e.g. "How many keys do you need?" Walkie talkie. "How many keys do you need?").

Once we got to our room we saw that the dimensions of the one bedroom loft suite were exaggerated in online photos. Still ok with the mountain view, we walked around and found rather large pieces of garbage going up the stairs to the loft, including a large pink seahorse flossing device; very hard to miss on the brown stairs unless you completely weren't paying attention. We called downstairs and the front desk provided no solution (we were thinking they could vacuum the dirty stairs, at least), so I tweeted the picture of the pink seahorse. A customer service representative called back... and, again, provided no solution. We ended up picking up the garbage in the room ourselves.

The pricing across the board was very high. $8.95 for one ounce of bourbon. $75 for a burger and a BLT. If you stay here, I strongly recommend bringing in your own alcohol and making the trek to a nearby restaurant, rather than ordering room service.

The first morning we were there, the maid service came at 9am. We asked if she could come back anytime after 10am. When we came back at 3pm, the room still hadn't been cleaned, so we passed on cleaning that day and the rest of the stay.

During our stay, we asked for transportation options to Collingswood at the front desk and the woman there offered two vague shuttle options into town. The valet attendants weren't any specific help either. They just looked confused when we asked them about transportation options. We asked about cabs and she said they didn't come out there. The first shuttle picked us up and took us to the Blue Mountain Inn down the road. After waiting there for 45 minutes, we went inside and this lovely desk attendant said that the easiest way into town was by cab, she called and 4 minutes later the cab was outside. We got our errand done and were back in 20 minutes.

Some other general griping about this hotel, which should make you think twice about staying here:
1. The ice machine on the 5th floor was broken. It is usually not a problem to go down to another floor, but many guests seemed dramatically annoyed by it. The ice machine was the straw that broke the guests back... This, in addition to other traditional hotel amenities, not working the way they should or not at all was surprising for such an expensive stay.
2. There is no ESPN option available and the TVs are oddly placed (in portions of the room you could see 1/3- 2/3 of the screen).
3. This is the slowest internet I have ever had in a hotel. For perspective, this year I have stayed in SPG hotels 115 nights. Even while I was in China, the internet was not this slow or inconsistent. When we called to get an explanation, they said that “everyone” was complaining and that they were working on it. There was no change over 7 days.
4. When walking in the hallways at multiple times during the day, it felt more like being in a dormitory than in a $600+ per night hotel. People drifting out into the hallways with doors completely open, doors propped open with any random garbage cans and water bottles casually strewn intermittently down the hallway were common. The maid service was badly organized and unsuccessful at keeping up with the scope of a hotel this large.

Overall, my expectations were low for this hotel and they didn't even meet those. I wouldn't recommend this Westin as a place to spend any amount of time, although that has not been my experience with other SPG hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erica319
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our family of five stayed here during our Winter Trip from December 17 to 20, 2012. Since we requested a recommended room upon booking, we had to wait until 4 PM before receiving the keys to the room (we arrived at 1.30 PM and the Reception Staff recommended a walk to The Village while waiting).

We got room #512, a 2-BR Suite with Queen Size Sofabed. Like many previous reviewers said, the space is quite tiny, which means that room for movement is limited. However, since my family and I are regular sized Asian (read: small and not that tall), we didn't find it difficult to move around.

What we love:
#1 The view from the private balcony. Love, love, love!
#2 Heavenly Bed, we needed this badly after 22 hrs of flight and 2 hrs of drive to Bluemountain.
#3 Heavenly Shower, nice touch for couple :) and good water pressure too.
#4 Proximity to The Village and Colingwood, so many activities around!
#5 Housekeeping staff, you guys are amazing. One of them even voluntarily ran to another floor to get us a bucket of ice in the evening since the fifth floor's machine ran out of ice and she just happened to passed by the ice bucket room.
#6 Complimentary Bottles of Water (FYI, this is not a standard practice among the Westin, so I appreciate that they provided us complimentarily)

What could have been better:
#1 Free Wi-fi. Like many other reviewers stated, Wi-Fi should have been complimentary here. However, somehow from Room #512, we were able to connect to the free Wi-Fi from the Lobby. So during our stay, we were able to access internet (and yes, it was fast) for free!

I have always believe that different room and different hotel staffs we encountered with during the stay will affect our experience. Our stay was memorable, we were lucky that we had a great room and was served by great staff. I will definitely recommend this beautiful property to my friends, family and you!

Room Tip: Room #512 for 2-BR Suite, facing the mountain during winter or The Village during other seasons. Won't disappoint you!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Tried to book a room here and we have 3 children. Really getting tired of trying to travel. You can't 1) book on expedia over 4 people 2) use points you collect on most points programs 3) get suggestions like book two rooms because most "families" that aren't 4 have $700 a nite to put into a room and want to spend "quality family time" separated. Fire regulations apparently don't allow for adjoining rooms even anymore. It's bad enough that sometimes you spend major $$ to have one bed and 2 uncomfortable sofa beds. I was told by this hotel "good news we will make an exception and let you use starwood points on a one bedroom which is one bed and one sofa bed but you need to be aware there are no rollaways." When I questioned what the good news was and where the other one of us was supposed to sleep I was told that was up to us?!? HHHUUUHHH..... Who made the rule that family was 4. I feel penalized and that I should never travel and when I said this to them they said you should try Europe rooms are only for 3 there....Believe it or not if you made it possible and affordable for the rest of us "families" to travel you might find out there is a whole lot of business you are missing out on. Sorry Westin ya lost my business. I have 3 boys that love to ski/snowboard. Come on hotels time to wake up....

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank notsupposedtotravel
WestinGM1498, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear notsupposedtotravel,

Thank you for providing your perspective regarding the difficulties you have experienced travelling as a family of five. I can certainly understand your frustrations and can empathise with your plight. You have my sincerest apology for our failure to live up to your expectations.

I would however like to clarify a few points for our Tripadvisor readers regarding our room types and availability. As a family focused destination resort by our very nature we must have a wide variety of room types and accommodation configurations available in order to satisfy the needs of our guests. At the Trillium House these range from our standard Deluxe room that typically entails a queen bed and a pull-out double sofa, (very similar to what you would find at a city centre hotel - with the added benefit of a kitchenette, fireplace and in some instances a full balcony) to our one bedroom suites that have similar bedding configurations but the square footage and the addition of a seperate bedroom make the stay somehwat more comfortable. We also maintain a number of larger suites - our one bedroom plus den and one bedroom with loft configurations offer similar amenities but increased bedding space and our two bedroom and three bedroom options can sleep up to eight or more with full kitchens and multiple baths.

The fact of the matter is that each specific room type is priced according to their relative value in the marketplace which is quite frankly tied to square footage and sleeping configuration. While we do make some of these suites available to those SPG members wishing to exchange accumulated points their availability as with all availability is dictated by business volume. We do accept bookings via SPG points, Airmiles, & Aeroplan, the three largest points programs out there. The ability to book more than four people into a reservation is determined by the capacity of any particular room type to accomodate them and yes our standard deluxe and one bedroom options can only accommodate four persons comfortably. We do not have, nor do we advertise adjoining accommodation in any of our room types which stems from the original design and layout of our hotel. Accommodation for parties larger than four is available in a larger suite type however the price is comensurate with the suite type being offered. This hotel does not in fact offer cots due to the layout of our exisiting furnishings and available square footage in each particular suite.

At the end of the day we failed to measure up to your expectations and as such I have offered our apology. If pricepoint is a factor I would suggest a midweek visit (if scheduling would allow) as our prices do vary depending on business volume and time of year. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your concerns and we do hope to see you and your sons on the slopes of Blue Mountain again this season.

Yours in Hospitality,
James Henry, General Manager
The Westin Trillium House

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed in a suite during a work trip. Gorgeous room!

2 rooms with a king size bed (super comfy), each with its own washroom (toilet, sink and shower - clean and spacious).

The 2 rooms are separated by a large kitchen/living/dining area with a beautiful view of the village and the water (gorgeous at night!).

Great location in the village, super close to everything (quick, couple min walk anywhere) but also removed enough not to hear any noise at night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo