“Another great stay in our annual family trip”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Barrie, Canada
“Another great stay in our annual family trip”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Have been to this resort many times and this was our annual family trip. Brought the kids and dog (pet friendly hotel!).

Check-in was quick and painless. Gold member with Starwood and was given an upgraded room. It was clean and comfy.

Restaurant was excellent. Took the family to the Ridge Mountain Roller Coaster. A little expensive but a lot of fun. Discount when you say you are staying at the hotel.

Checkout was also quick. I like how they just email you your invoice. As well... Never had to wait more than 5 mins for the car valet.

Will be back again next year for sure!

Room Tip: I like the rooms that overlook the mountain side... The pool side can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sjhanlon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Welland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I went away for her birthday Oct 29th. Our stay started with pulling up to the front door and a very nice employee asked us how we were and if we were checking in. He pointed us to where we are to check in. I know this isnt hard to figure out where to check in, but it was nice to be greeted right away.

We got checked in within a few minutes, and we did the valet parking. $15 for self park, $20 for valet.

Got into our room and we loved the view of the village and pool from our room.

We got settled in, and decided to go for a walk and then dinner. It was neat walking from our hotel along the pond and into the little village. We looked around at the shops. Found things to be a bit pricey, but thats what we were expecting. The village is really nice, had a fire pit in the middle where people could sit.

We went for dinner at the C and A steak company. My wife and I arent steak experts, but we enjoyed our meals. I enjoyed my Rib Eye. My wife got the surf and turf, she found the fillet a bit tough though, she wasnt to impressed with the fillet. I also got the twice baked potato which was amazing. Dinner was $130.

There was also a fire pit and chairs just outside the hotel where people could sit and look at the pond and village.

We found our room wouldnt cool down, stayed at about 74 degrees, I had the heat turned off. Our fireplace would also only stay on for 20 seconds. I called the front desk and someone came right away to look at it. My wife and I went for a swim and the repair guy came and found us in the pool to let us know he was unable to fix the fireplace and appologized.

Checking out was easy, and the valet guy asked if we needed directions anywhere.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. My wife is pregnant so we were unable to use the outdoor hottub, but it looked very nice!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a fantastic time at the Westin Trillium. We have had great Starwood experiences in the past, and this one was fantastic too. It is a quiet time of year ( ski season has not begun yet) and it was so relaxing to wander around the village. Walking steps from the hotel. Great restaurants and shops to see. Loved the in room fireplace. We will definitely return.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I never write reviews, but I feel compelled to write this one. I give everyone 3 chances, and the Westin has had more than 3.....

Most recent visit to Blue Mountain (Oct 2011)
Upon check in, I was given a room that had not been cleaned. Someone had just had a shower and made coffee before leaving. The towels were on the floor, used soap, lipstick on the glasses. etc. We were given a new room, but it was not cleaned on the second day of my stay even though the front desk staff requested a cleaning for me while I was out for lunch.
I had extended my stay for business by an extra day, and had called the front desk at 8:00am to advise them I would be staying. When I came back to the hotel at 1:30 pm, I was made to wait 30 minutes prior to re-checking in according to them as it was a separate reservation. They would not take my credit card and start the booking process as the lady I spoke to at 8:00 am failed to note my extended stay. They took 30 minutes to look into it.

My husband went the the restaurant in the hotel while waiting for me to finish this up, and asked for a drink and a menu and was rudely ignored. The staff member looked at him, turned her back on him and walked away.

This treatment seems to be typical of the Westin, and I assure you, I will never be staying with any Westin again. There are a lot of nice hotels on the market, who know how to treat a customer.

Westin Blue Mountain (Oct 2010)
My last stay with this Westin in Blue Mountain was last year. The housekeeper walked into our room while my husband was coming out of the shower. Then she came back 30 minutes later and just walked in again on us. I don't know if she was hoping to get a second look or what?
She did not knock, and it was not after check out time.

Westin Ottawa Downtown (June 2011)
I stayed with a Westin in Ottawa in June, and they locked my husband out of our room in the middle of the night.
I had checked in, and he was joining me in Ottawa later in the evening - approximately 1:30am. I advised the front desk staff and they said they were adding his name to the room. All he would have to do is show identification, and they would give him his room key. I gave him the room number when I checked in. When he arrived, he was not on the bill. They refused to call my room to speak with me, and they would not give him his key!
My husband was forced to basically wander the streets all night, and I had no idea as I was asleep waiting for him. Oh they will never admit it. They said he never came by, just like they told him I never asked them to put his name on the room. I SPELLED his first and last names for them. However, when I paid my bill only my name was on it, so that says it all.
She sat there typing on her computer pretending like she was actually adding his name to my reservation. She was probably on Facebook emailing a friend.
Pathetic service for a place that charges $400 a night!

I have never received any sort of apology from either of the hotel locations.

I will NEVER, EVER stay at ANY Westin ever again. And I would advise no one else to stay either. The rooms are nice, however, the experience is anything but. The staff act like they are above the customers, (although I am sure that most of them could not afford to stay at the hotel they work in) and they do not add value to the experience - they actually make it worse. So disappointing.
Spend your money somewhere that they care about the client.

8 Thank Jenny B
Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I've stayed here many times over the past few years and while I had some minor issues several years ago the hotel has addressed these past issues and I've seen considerable improvement in the level of service in the year. The hotel is now operating as a 4 star hotel.

My last stay was in October 2011 for a friends wedding and due to a last minute change I found myself hosting the bachelor party. The hotel went above and beyond to accommodate our requests - very well done!

The restaurant remains top notch - highly recommend!

If you find yourself headed to Blue Mountain I highly recommend the Westin over the other village properties.

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stay at this resort the weekend of Oct 21.We stayed in the loft room that was amazing more then enough room for two of us. One queen size bed in the loft and another master bedroom on the main floor. We over looked the pool area. The hot tub was nice and big and hot which was nice for those cold nights. It was nice that the pools and hot tubs stayed open late. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and it was amazing food. The service wasn’t the best but the food made up for it. The bar area was nice to have a drinks while waiting for you table. We got free parking because it was my bday. So that was a nice surprised. Check out was nice and easy. They email our finial bill to us and we just left. We requested a late check out and that was giving at no extra cost.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Our family has stayed here several times for long weekend getaways from Toronto and we love it. We just spent another Thanksgiving weekend up at Blue Mountain and we enjoyed everything about the Westin. Great location in Blue Mountain Village and overlooking a little bit of water, great rooms and all around great service. We stayed in the Trillium Suite, their largest suite with high ceilings and a huge balcony overlooking the Village and we had lots of room for all eight of us, including the kids. There's a full kitchen so we were able to prepare meals when we wanted. The valet and bell boys all provide good, courteous service. Definitely would recommend this property over all the others in the Village! And you can collect Starwood Hotel points!

Room Tip: Trillium Suite is a huge suite with loft-like ceilings and a huge balcony. There is also a large 3-b...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 16 in Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!