$205
$138
  • Pool
The Lodges at Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$283
$148
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
$155
  • Pool
Royal Harbour Resort(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
$114
Hotels.com
Embarc Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$227
Penny's Motel(Thornbury)
$65
$62
Hotels.com
$155
$140
  • Pool
The Retreat House(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
$103
Heathcote Haven Bed and Breakfast(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
$114
$106
Agoda.com
1,364 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantsmall kitchenetteoutdoor poollate checkoverlooking the villagehotel is beautifulski lockersmini kitchendining tableget away
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We went to the Westin, Blue Mountains this past weekend. Once you actually get it booked, things are great. However, the reservation process was almost the end of me. First I’ll tell you about the room. We got a 1K, 2Q, and 1 sofa 2 bedroom suite. The first thing we noticed was it is big enough for 8 adults – 1000 square feet! The table came with 6 chairs and there were three bar stools at the kitchen island. The suite came with a full sized fridge, microwave, oven, salt and pepper, frying pans, serving/cooking utensils, dishwasher, dish soap, utensils, dishes and a cheap wine opener. Two beautiful bathrooms, 3 plasma tvs, and 1 dvd player. So, everything we needed for a long weekend. It was a sound proof room. We were informed ahead of time of any pool closures and that there was construction somewhere, but never saw it. There were 6 lawn chairs on a huge private balcony, so a fair amount for the 8 people that are allowed in the room (2 adults and 6 children according to fine print that is not found with online booking). We were a little upset to be told that after paying $16 for an in-room movie that we were kicked out due to high volume of guests watching that movie. I also think internet in the rooms should be included. Water bottles were ~$7. For the price I would think they could give you 2 water bottles, but that’s ok.

The only horrible thing about our stay was the reservation system in place at the Westin. I booked a non-refundable, “non-changeable”, pre-paid “stay 2 nights and get the third for free” with a pool view preference. Surprisingly, Canadian long weekends were accepted for this deal, and I was very excited. So I booked online for 8 people (no mention whether these people had to be kids or adults) and it confirmed my credit card would be charged April, 2011. I got the confirmation and it was wrong. A little panicked since it was “non-changeable”, I called the Westin Blue Mountains and was forwarded to some call centre which was actually in a different country. I said everything is correct except the style of beds, the number of people and I want the online price that I had prepaid. They said there may be a charge for wanting extra adults in the room and I say that is fine, although I am a little upset that the online booking did not state this in any of their fine print. He said you should stay away from booking at the Westin online reservation system, but no problem they said, and sent back my confirmation. This time, again, the number of people is wrong, the price is wrongly charging me 3 nights, and the beds are correct. I call back and the call centre says the reservation is non-changeable and prepaid for 3 nights on my credit card. The only way I can get it changed is by calling the Westin in Blue Mountains and pleading my story to them. How is it my problem when they don’t make the reservation I request? After a couple attempts of being forwarded to other call centres and other hotels, I do finally get a call through to the actual Westin Blue Mountains. They give me a bit of a hard time buy finally agree to give me the rate I originally reserved under. When they send the confirmation this time, it’s still wrong, but at this point it has the correct beds and the correct price, so I should go with that.

My friend was checking in before me. I called Westin Blue Mountains and asked is there anything my friend needs to check into our room? They say she needs my confirmation number, her name on the room and valid ID. That seemed easy. When she arrived, she was told she had to put a $1600 safety deposit on HER credit card to get into the room. Never was I informed of this, even for my credit card. Thankfully, she had this much and got into the room. I finally think problems must be over. We had a wonderful time in the room, the pool, and village location with no problems and all was forgotten - until it was time for check out. The Westin charged me an extra $550 for the third night AGAIN which was supposed to be free. On top of that, the transaction went through the week we arrived, and not “pre-paid” last month like I was originally told.

An unexpected $1600 credit card charge is not nice. Do they just think that people who stay at the Westin will not check their credit cards? Every wrong confirmation I got says “Westin. Rest Easy”. The process was not restful or easy. I decided not to take my chances on their new all inclusive resort for my honeymoon since I am unaware exactly how they will charge me when I get to another country, and unsure of what extras will get charged based on my experience at this Westin. The hotel is great. They just need to improve their reservation process. Beware of booking online!

Room Tip: 2BR suite 347-view partly blocked by lobby roof.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelingShaw
WestinGM1498, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear TravelingShaw,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough and detailed review of your visit to the Trillium House in May. We are quite pleased that you enjoyed your accommodation and your overall stay however you clearly have experienced unusual difficulties in booking and confirming your reservation. On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize personally for the frustration and inconvenience that you were forced to deal with. It appears as though there was a disconnect between your on-line booking and what you had thought was being reserved and our call centres and on property staff failed to remedy your concerns as best they should. Let me asure you that this type of experience is the exception to the rule and I can therefore say that your booking at another Westin branded property would not be as miserable an experience as the one you had with us.

The scope of your concerns with our booking process are too broad to discuss on this forum however if you wish to speak to me personally please feel free to contact me at the email listed below and we can set up a call. We can also discuss our arrival process that was not communicated as clearly as it should have been. This policy requires a form of payment on an account prior to the issuance of a key even if we already have a credit card on file. This policy protects our guests as well as the hotel however arrangements can always be made in advance in these situations and we should have made you aware of this.

With respect to your movie charge and the fact that you were "kicked out" of the system I do hope that you were compensated upon departure for difficulties experienced with our in-room movie system. As with anything electronic breakdowns can occur however our guests should not be penalized for the failure of these systems. If you were not I would be happy to make the changes to your account.

At the end of the day we failed to live up to your expectations in that regardless of how much you enjoyed the visit your intial engagement with our property and our team was less than stellar. We have used your descriptions of the events surrounding your reservation process as a learning experience for our associates in hopes that the experience will not repeated.

Thank you once again for reaching out on-line and providing a review of your visit and please do not hesitate to contact me personally to discuss your concerns.

James Henry, General Manager
The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed at the Trillium House for the first time this weekend. From the checkin by Heather (who was apparently new), to the entire staff, the treatment was great.
Even though it rained all day, the place was clean and the staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
WestinGM1498, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Dear gutzopoulos,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with our Tripadvisor readers as we are pleased that even on a rainy day our team can impress! We have shared your comments with our associates since they are always grateful when our guests take the time to comment on their workmanship. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit (when the sun is shining)!

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We have been to Intrawest Blue Mountain several times and decided to give the Westin a try this time. We have 2 young children - so we stayed in a one bedroom suite with kitchenette. The Westin provided a crib which was really helpful but when I called twice - it was not on a first come first serve basis upon reservation - we just had to "hope" that a crib was available upon check in. I found that odd for the service level they provide to guests. The room was clean and we chose a mountain view in order to have quiet time at night. It unfortunately rained all weekend, so the Plunge pool was a big hit with the kids, since there was not a lot to do in the village. The kitchenette had all amenities and even more than I expected which was great for breakfast and lunch in our room. We did Firehall Pizza for dinner which is perfect for little kids. The other restaurants are expensive and not as kid friendly. The reason we chose the Westin was the fact that they advertise on their website a Kids Discovery zone with programs for kids and upon arrival you would receive a Kids Discovery package for all children. We received none of this and the kids Discovery room is an unattended room that is quite dirty with toys that have probably never been cleaned or fixed. Really just a room with odds and ends of toys. So I caution anyone that chooses the Westin for the "kid" factor - it's not there. Otherwise the service was good, the hotel is beautiful and to have access to the Plunge indoors and being so close to the Village are all pluses for this hotel. We plan to return for sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Dear RanleighReview,

Thank you for providing such a deteailed review of your May visit to the Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain. We are pleased that for the most part you enjoyed your visit and that your accommodation was acceptable. Clearly though we have missed the mark in failing to live up to your expectations regarding childrens programming.

While it is true that the Westin brand is known for it's Westin Kids Club Program we have found over the last few years that due to competing activities within the resort it has been difficult for us to match the quality and variety of activities already available. As such we do maintain an unsupervised play area for our youngest guests to fill time throughout the day in between other family activities. I have asked our team to review our stock of games and toys but I can surmise that those that were in stock during your visit were well used by our Winter guests. Rest assured however that we do refresh those supplies several times a year.

May can be a difficult time from a scheduling perspective as it falls in between our two busy seasons - one focused on skiing and winter activites and the other driven by green season outdoor activities. The volume of guests (or lack thereof at times) in these slower periods make it difficult to implement programming on the same scale as those peak season periods. There are however things to do year round. Plunge! is a great asset enjoyed year round and there are family scavenger hunts, hiking, swimming, crafts, and various activities and events hosted in the village on weekends. During our peak seasons we see kids camps, mountain biking (for kids too), golf, tennis, our new Mountain Coaster, rock wall climbing, concerts and events in the village, outdoor pools and the Blue Mountain Beach, not to mention a miriad of activities available off the resort (i.e. Scenic Caves).

With respect to our inability to "guarantee" a crib on request our communication regarding this fact is meant to create a realistic expectation for our guests. We carry an inventory of nearly 20 full sized cribs and another dozen or so "pack & plays" and although this inventory is more than enough for most dates there are occasions where demand matches our supply. Due to the fact that cribs in use may not be returned as anticipated (i.e. a guest extends their stay) it can be difficult to assure 100% of the time that a crib would be available upon arrival however we would make one avialable as soon as possible. Given our inventory and relative demand for these items most of our guests can be assured a crib (and I am assuming that you received one) we simply would rather err on the side of caution with regards to what we can promise.

At the end of the day we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your family's return. Please feel free to let us know in advance so we may ensure that all your needs are met.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have traveled to the Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain on several occasions and I always leave rested and impressed. The hotel resort is impeccably clean, the service is exemplary and the location is beautiful. I like the close but far location to the Village and the calm of the hot tub and pool compared to the chaos of the splash park next door.

I love the rooms that overlook the pool and the village. There is always a fresh breeze and the restaurants from Oliver & Bonacini Grill in the lobby to the ones in the Village are extremely inviting to see and smell!

Room Tip: Best views face the village and overlook the poo
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Scooteron3,

Thank you for posting such a refreshing review of your recent visit to the Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain. We are very pleased to have hosted your stay yet again and especially since we continue to surprise and delight. We do look forward to your next visit so let us know when you are travelling and we'll hold a table for you at Oliver & Bonacini.

James Henry,
jhenry@intrawest.com

Reviewed May 10, 2011

I usually stay in the Westin trillium house in the winter months as the location to the hill, facilities with the outdoor pool, wonderful rooms and service is outstanding. Obviously this level of service continues into the summer and if u get a chance check out the eco-tour only minutes away with a 1km long zip line off the escarpment.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Trvla,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a favorable review of the Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain. Our associates are always pleased to hear such complimentary commentaries as it is their efforts that produce the results that you have experienced. We appreciate the fact that you have shared your view with our Tripadvisor readers. If you enjoyed the Zip Line at Scenic Caves then you will love the new Ridge Runner alpine coaster now open at Blue Mountain - 1km of downhill fun.

jhenry@intrawest.com