“Ski Resort”

Blue Mountain Village
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Blue Mountains
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Blue Mountain Village is located in the Town of the Blue Mountains, nestled between the charming communities of Collingwood and Thornbury, at the foot of Ontario's largest mountain resort, Blue Mountain. The Village offers a vibrant social and cultural scene combining unique attractions, dining and shopping experiences. There is ALWAYS something to do at BLUE including five hotels, 25 retailers, 25 cafes & restaurants, year round award winning Festivals and Events plus Activity Central to book your hiking, biking, caving, climbing, spa, and more!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Dumaguete City, Philippines
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Ski Resort”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

It was a short visit. The kids love the place. Great for taking pictures. The restaurant's prices are a little bit steep for me but only expected with places like these. The kids had a great time playing in the snow. We'd likely come back again should there be an opportunity to do so.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank alg0

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great job supporting breastfeeding moms!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I would like to commend the staff at Blue Mountain for accommodating me (a new mother) and my needs perfectly this winter. I wanted to plan an adults-only overnight getaway to Blue for a day of skiing on Valentine’s Day but I wasn’t sure it would be possible. I am breastfeeding my child and when I’m away from him, I need to pump at regular intervals in order to maintain my supply of breastmilk.

I called the main phone number at Blue one day in early January and explained my situation: that I was breastfeeding my child and needed a private place (with an electric socket and a door) to use my breast pump on the mountain. The staff member I spoke to wasn’t sure what my options were but promised to ask around and get back to me. I was pleasantly surprised when someone did actually get back to me to let me know that the daycare (Kids at Blue) would be able to accommodate me and then put me in touch with Susan at K@B. Susan and I spent a week playing phone tag to try to get the details organized. As a new mom, getting to the phone is tough but Susan never gave up on calling, which I know would have been easy to do. We eventually managed to connect and got the details sorted out.

Fast forward to one month later when my husband and I finally made it up to Blue for Valentine’s Day. I showed up at the K@B registration desk and explained who I was. Susan happened to be there, remembered my name (a month after the fact!) and then personally walked me to the room I used and introduced me to the staff there. They gave me a little corner of the kids nap room and barricaded me off with mats for a bit of privacy. I was able to change in the bathroom attached to the room, where I was also able to wash my equipment afterwards. While pumping, one of the staff members even offered and then brought me a glass of water, which was very welcome! I was able to do what I needed to do, while staying at the mountain and I didn’t have to sit in a freezing cold bathroom stall or trek all the way to the car in ski boots to get it done.

As the mom of an infant, each day can feel a bit like Groundhog Day (same routine, same responsibilities, no break); a day off to yourself makes a huge difference. I have been skiing for over 25 years and there’s nothing quite like that feeling of flying down a perfect run on a sunny day. I want to thank Susan and the rest of the staff at Blue for letting me experience that feeling again. Back in January, I was a little surprised to find out that Blue doesn’t have a nursing room for such a large and family-friendly resort. Despite that, I really feel that everyone I interacted with on this journey went the extra mile to ensure that my needs were met and that I could enjoy my day at the mountain. Great job everyone!!!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank LittleRedSuitcase
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Shocked and Discusting”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was away with my boyfriend last weekend, and we were in The Village at MJ Byrne's Irish Pub and when we were coming out of the pub we experienced a horrifc scene. There were about 15 security men outside of this pub and about 4 - 5 of them had a gentleman on the ground handcuffed. We did talk to some of his friends there and heard the whole story of what happened from a couple of them. You have to understand this group of tourist were in their mid 40's to 50's and to what I understood, some of them frequent The Village often. The security guys were on a rampage to hurt or flex their muscles. Experiencing this really turned me off of coming to Blue Mountain Village. :(

Visited February 2014
7 Thank 2014LisaP
BlueMountainVillage, Director, Marketing & Events at Blue Mountain Village, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We are discussing this matter with Security and reviewing the security camera footage of this incident. We can assure you that Security Staff engaged in the Village are highly trained and have the sole goal of maintaining guest safety and enjoyment. We do hope you visit the Village again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Not exactly like Whistler or Tremblant, but good enough for Ontarians”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Not exactly like Whistler or Tremblant, but good enough for Ontarians who needs to find a decent resort in Ontario.

Great restaurants at this village, I strongly recommend Copper Blues & Magnone's.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Anthony_Chien
Minesing, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ski Conditions.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are looking for a great ski destination don't go to Blue Mountain. All they do is run the snow making guns day and night, so in cold weather you can't see, and what they call their man made snow is like skiing through cement.
If you ask their management why they can't have the snow guns going on half the hills, and not all, they would tell you it allows them to extend thier season into March.
Where is the logic in ruining half the ski season to extend the season into March.
If you wish to ski there only go on weekends (no snow guns) when it is so busy all you do is stand in line, and not ski.
This has gone on for years.
If you are considering a great ski holiday at Blue Mountain, save your money and go somewhere else.

Visited January 2014