“Great location and service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blue Mountains
The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Waterdown, Canada
“Great location and service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here while attending an event. Location was super, and customer service exceeded my expectations. Rooms were good, but get a room one size larger than you think that you will need. Underground parking was an added bonus that was appreciated.Perhaps the management could entertain the notion of free internet....in this day and age, to have to pay for internet is positively archaic. And perhaps, given the hotel's proximity to ski hills (and the possibilities of ski racers booking) it would be very helpful if a ski tuning room was made available. We adhered to the rules and did not bring our skis to our room ( tuned them in the parking garage!) but I saw more visitors taking their skis on elevators and to their suites....

Room Tip: Get a room one size larger than you think that you will need....the rooms are smaller than you think
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa N
James H, Vice President of Lodging at The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Lisa N,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor following a recent trip to Blue Mountain Resort. We sincerely appreciate your praise of our associates and the quality of services they provide to our guests. Yes, unfortunately not all guests adhere to the equipment policy, the purpose of which is to prevent unnecessary damage to common areas and guest rooms, as well as the potential hazard to other guests navigating hallways.

With respect to complimentary Wifi, we see this comment often and are happy to clarify. We provide complimentary Wifi in common areas across the resort, such as hotel lobbies, including the Westin Trillium House and the Pottery and Jozo’s restaurants. This service is referred to as light wireless, meaning it offers a light bandwidth, adequate for limited internet, activity such as viewing e-mail and browsing the internet, similar to the type of service offered at your local Tim Horton’s. Guest rooms can access our premium Wifi service for a fee; this service offers a much wider bandwidth, appropriate for a range of internet activity such as checking e-mail, browsing the internet and downloading media.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions.

Vice President of Lodging

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The village bachelor suite had a very convenient kitchenette including a full-size fridge, sink, dishwasher, oven and microwave. It also had a gas fireplace, which was nice. However, the living room furniture was not comfortable (pull-out sofa bed and armchair) and the bed was incredibly firm. The biggest disappointment was the wifi, which dropped out every three minutes and needless to say, I gave up trying to use it. Other annoyances: I called the front desk using the room phone and it was difficult to hear and the front desk rep was irritated at me because she couldn't hear me and without asking me if it was convenient, they sent someone to the room to fix the phone instead of just waiting until we check-out first; I was looking for the vending machine and the woman at the front desk was incredibly not friendly and gave me confusing direction (and as it turns out, the vending machine took my five dollars without dispensing anything). The room was also located at the end of the hall on the first place, which is right next to an open space around the elevator, which echos and is very noisy late at night. Why don't they have a door between the open area and the guest rooms? Because The Grand Georgian is in the village, of course it is very convenient for accessing the mountain and restaurants and shops in the village, as well as the convention building.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
James H, Vice President of Lodging at The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear April M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent trip to Blue Mountain Resort and share it with our Trip Advisor readers. We are sorry to hear that you found the furniture to be uncomfortable and assure you this is not in keeping with previous posts or guest comments. We have not had any other reports of wifi issues recently; as such we will monitor for further issues and address this concern if required. Our associates generally provide outstanding and professional services, your comments are most surprising. The vending machines are independently owned and operated, on report of a malfunction; we will provide a refund and advise the operator when he is on property replenishing inventory. We are happy to hear that you found the proximity to the Village and conference centre ultra-convenient for your business trip.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Check in is at Grand Georgian but pay for the underground parking under Weider Lodge for ease of loading and unloading when staying at the best located condo building in the village for ski in/ski out access. From the main entrance you step directly out onto the snow surrounding the base of the Silver Bullet. Season pass holders get 20% off nightly rates which is a good deal for we skiers with flexible schedules doing midweek skiing on a 5 by 7 pass and not wanting to pay the ownership carry.

Room Tip: Facing onto the hill (more in touch with the hill action until 10pm with lights and groomers till al...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
James H, Vice President of Lodging at The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Eric B,

All excellent points for those planning a trip to Blue Mountain Resort, thank you for providing this feedback on Trip Advisor. The Weider Lodge is a favorite of many past and present guests, for a variety of reasons and personal preferences. The underground parking is a great option, both for avoiding the elements and the ease of access to all three Village hotels. The pass holder discount is a great benefit and certainly midweek travel is ideal, if your schedule allows.

Thanks again for posting your very helpful comments.

Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Pretty average kind of place, overall, but reputedly better than most other Blue Mountain accommodations. Given that it is right next to the ski slopes is a plus, especially for kids. We enjoyed the adjacent village facilities more than we did those in Whistler.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Zippy22,

That’s quite a statement; we respectfully accept your gracious comments and appreciate the comparison to Whistler. Perhaps we could consider ourselves a mini Whistler, the ski terrain is a “bit” smaller, the Village is a condensed version, maybe that was the appeal. We are delighted you enjoyed the resort and hope you will return.

Yours in Hospitality

Ontario
Reviewed February 19, 2014

First, a picky trivial thing: I know it's tough to make money running a ski hill, and Intrawest has a formula for success. So I appreciate the revenue model is to gouge little extras out of people, but this isn't downtown Toronto. When I am paying a premium to stay at a nice hotel on the slopes, then don't charge me extra to park at the hotel. I know it's only $10 a day, but this got my hackles up, and I therefore chose to park in the regular day-use parking lot. My own stubborness maybe, but I didn't feel very special for staying here.

My wife and I were there for a 2-night stay midweek. I rated this hotel a 4 out of 5, which is pretty good for me. Really nicely designed room, with a gas fireplace and kitchenette. They have done some modernization upgrades, such as a new TV, but the appliances are getting old. The small appliances like the coffee maker in particular needs to be upgraded. The bathrooms are due for an upgrade soon, but overall, we liked the room.

The check-in experience was very confusing. Poor signage for first time guests, but we figured it out eventually. The reception was warm and professional. Our room was on the ground floor with a patio door to the outside. I was a little dismayed when I picked an embedded roach out of the burn mark on the rug near the patio door (skiing and recreational drug use happens). But because of that, I started to notice other little cleanliness things - then I got picky, which is never good. My wife is usually the barometer of cleanliness, and she didn't have a problem, so maybe I got a little too picky.

On my original reservation, I had bundled in a spa day for my wife, which they issue upon check-in, but my wife decided she didn't want to use it. I thought I might have a hard time getting a credit, but I had no problem getting a credit for it on my final bill, and the checkout otherwise went smoothly. It's hard not to have a good time when you're staying at a ski hill, and we had a good time. It is not a five-star experience by any means, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DennyGOntario
James H, Vice President of Lodging at The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear DennyGOntario,

Thank you for posting this review to Trip Advisor, we appreciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall.

As you noted in your review, in our winter months we do offer an option to park in our heated underground parking at a cost of $10/night. In determining for options such as underground parking, our approach is to focus on the value that the option provides. In the case of underground parking, we find that many guests appreciate the value derived from being able to park in a heated area that is protected from the elements, conveniently located, and provides a heightened level of security.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues and assure you this is not the high standard of service we intend to provide and will use your comments in update and training sessions with our cleaning associates.

The confirmation letter that is sent to our guests typically details the check-in location, if staying in one of the 3 Village hotels, Grand Georgian, Seasons at Blue or Weider Lodge, the central check-in is at the Grand Georgian, with access to the other hotels via the underground parking. The Mosaic hotel has a separate check-in desk and separate underground parking.

We are very pleased to hear that the associates present on arrival provided exceptional service and were able to assist you with granting a refund for the spa voucher you had purchased. We are glad to hear you will be returning again in the future.

montrea
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

was there for a business meeting that lasted the week. check in was quick and easy. room was charming and clean. had everything u would need for a meeting. internet would cut in and out quite slow and difficult when u need it for work. we needed to walk outdoors to the conference room and it was cold. Only real issue when having a meeting there is that thursdays the kids start arriving so it can get loud at night. they do provide hearing plugs! the biggest complain is on the friday morning at 6 am they felt the need to remove ice from some of the roofs. you woke up to extremely loud banging with someone breaking the ice! that should be done at noon! the shuttle service is practical to get around. we had our gala diner event in their lobby and they decorate it very nicely and make it private. worked really well. would go again! really enjoyed the rooms fireplace.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
James H, Vice President of Lodging at The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Susana I,

We are delighted to hear that even a business trip can be a good experience when it’s here at Blue Mountain Resort. Our guest rooms lend themselves nicely to business or pleasure, we’re glad to hear your work week at Blue was a good one. In the interest of our guest safety, ice and snow removal is performed during periods of low pedestrian and vehicle traffic. We appreciate your perspective and will share your comments with our grounds associates for their consideration. We look forward to having you return in the foreseeable future.

Toronto
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very good location, close to the mountain.
Right in the middle of the village.
Front desk service was ok.
Very quiet, so the sleep was very good and undisturbed.

Very small place, the bed, was so close to the kitchen, that it was nearly impossible to get to it from one side.
Very dirty dishes.
Very confusing underground parking, with dead ends. I had a hard time getting my car out of those dead ends.
Unjustified prices for the rooms and food.
Would be nice if a wall mounted TV could be moved to face the bed, so that we can watch it while falling a sleep.
We booked the room online; the resort has 3 + hotels, but you don't know which one you are at until you get there. This is a little disappointing, because I was thinking that I'm booking a room at Weider Lodge, but ended up at a different one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scubalife
James H, Vice President-Lodging at The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear scubalife,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort on Trip Advisor, as always our guests are our best barometer and your feedback assists us to improve. We are sorry to see that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay and apologize for the oversight with ensuring your dishes were properly cleaned. This level of service is not acceptable and will be used as a coaching tool with our cleaning associates.

With respect to underground parking, unfortunately we have determined that many of our guests were not aware that there is a second level of parking available, labeled as P2 and this space has been under-utilized. In an effort to relieve this stress to our guests we will implement a much clearer means of communication in regards to this additional parking space.

With respect to your room and desire to be in a specific building, there are many different room types available and we are happy to accept requests for building locations. This is not to say we can always meet requests, however we make every effort to do so when a preference is noted.

Vice President-Lodging
#3 of 16 in Blue Mountains
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 16 in Blue Mountains

Been to The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!